inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whose Ego Is More Out Of Control?

Written By: Lara Spencer on 09/21/05 at 10:49 am

Trump, Ophrah, or Martha?

Subject: Re: Whose Ego Is More Out Of Control?

Written By: Brian Damaged on 09/21/05 at 11:52 am

This should be a poll.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/21/05 at 10:09 pm

Trump, Ophrah, or Martha?

Martha Stewart. She and a few other famous people not mentioned here...Barry Bonds who said this gem"Congress has bigger things to deal with than steroids in baseball"...I know why Mister Inflated Ego Bonds said that..cause he's a STEROID ADDICT!

and Ms. Kevin Federline aka Britney the sleazy Spears...She probably even has the nanny kiss her baby goodnight while she and scuzzy Kevin live it up!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/21/05 at 10:11 pm

Trump.....  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/05 at 1:05 am

Marth Winfrey, no wait, Oprah Stewart, uhhh....

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/22/05 at 1:29 am

Oprah - She used to be likable, but she just comes off as "God" to me. Her show has made women turn into clapping, hollering hormonal, weeping robots - Ughh.. I guess I just don't like all that "girly" talk and gossip.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/05 at 3:02 am

Oh, I didn't see Trump.  For a comparitive of three or greater, you need to ask: "Whose ego is most out of control?"

The thing is Trump's ego isn't out of control, it's just suffocatingly colossal.  Donald Trump is the perfect example of the difference between "material wealth" and "class."  The latter is tooootalllly absent from Trump.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/22/05 at 11:05 am

not on the list....but IMO, Star Jones. That woman is very egotistical, especially since her recent weight loss.

Erin :)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/22/05 at 12:10 pm

not on the list....but IMO, Star Jones. That woman is very egotistical, especially since her recent weight loss.

I AGREE  SHE LOOKS LIKE A BOBBLE HEAD AND SHE is the MOST stuck up thing on tele....  I have no idea why someone would want to go from normal looking but heavy to a LOLLIPOP!!!  SHE LOOKS LIKE A STEVEN KING CREATURE!!!!  lol

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/22/05 at 1:09 pm

not on the list....but IMO, Star Jones. That woman is very egotistical, especially since her recent weight loss

I agree wholeheartedly about Star Jones.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/22/05 at 3:30 pm

Oprah - She used to be likable, but she just comes off as "God" to me. Her show has made women turn into clapping, hollering hormonal, weeping robots - Ughh.. I guess I just don't like all that "girly" talk and gossip.

I pretty much agree.

Not that I don't think she's intelligent and has worked hard to get where she is, but - even though I watched tons of talkshows back in the day - she just NEVER appealed to me at all.

I was never quite sure of how to word it before, but she does somehow kinda come off as a "I'm better than everyone else" or "God" personality.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 09/22/05 at 6:33 pm

Ohprah is God silly.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/22/05 at 7:09 pm

I pretty much agree.

Not that I don't think she's intelligent and has worked hard to get where she is, but - even though I watched tons of talkshows back in the day - she just NEVER appealed to me at all.

I was never quite sure of how to word it before, but she does somehow kinda come off as a "I'm better than everyone else" or "God" personality.

I agree, too, about her being intelligent. I mean, I know she had a very rough upbringing and she's survived a lot of adversity, but now it just comes off as exploitation. Things are over dramatized on her show.
It's more of a frenzy, than a "talk show."

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/05 at 8:55 pm

I can't stand Oprah at all >:( 

Apparently her opinion matters to alot of people.  If Oprah says it sucks, then of course it sucks and everyone agrees  ::)
And plus, why is she on the cover of every issue of her magazine?  I mean, she's in the spotlight enough as it is.  Give someone else a chance >:(

I think Dr. Phil made the best move of his career when he ditched her for his own show  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/22/05 at 11:51 pm

>:( >:( >:( I hate Dr Phil.... HE BITES THE BIG ONE ;D ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/22/05 at 11:55 pm

>:( >:( >:( I hate Dr Phil.... HE BITES THE BIG ONE ;D ;D

you know what's funny about him....I have watched several shows of his...and people come on there with these serious problems and they really want/need help....THE MAN NEVER GIVES THEM HELP!!  He goes over their problem...over and over again...and maybe says one or two things about it....but NEVER gives them thorough solutions to what they can do to resolve it correctly. Then at the end of every single show....he meets his wife in the audience and walks out with her as she mutters, "oh that was a good show, etc."....whatever!

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/22/05 at 11:58 pm

Barry Bonds who said this gem"Congress has bigger things to deal with than steroids in baseball"...I know why Mister Inflated Ego Bonds said that..cause he's a STEROID ADDICT!

I despise Bonds... But, Congress does have bigger things to deal with than steroids in baseball.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/23/05 at 12:06 am

you know what's funny about him....I have watched several shows of his...and people come on there with these serious problems and they really want/need help....THE MAN NEVER GIVES THEM HELP!!  He goes over their problem...over and over again...and maybe says one or two things about it....but NEVER gives them thorough solutions to what they can do to resolve it correctly. Then at the end of every single show....he meets his wife in the audience and walks out with her as she mutters, "oh that was a good show, etc."....whatever!

I have never seen his show but whenever I see him on the tele, I CRINGE

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/05 at 2:58 am

Just because a guy bites the big one doesn't mean he can't help ya out!
Dr. Phil is like the dude who wrote "The Purpose Driven Life," I can't say those guys are wong in what they say, they just bug the cr#p out of me.  I say, "oh gawd, not this guy again!," and grab the remote.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/23/05 at 6:52 am

Just because a guy bites the big one doesn't mean he can't help ya out!
Dr. Phil is like the dude who wrote "The Purpose Driven Life," I can't say those guys are wong in what they say, they just bug the cr#p out of me.  I say, "oh gawd, not this guy again!," and grab the remote.

I am all for people who give advice, say things to help out a person, etc...but it just seems like (IMO) that everytime I watch Dr. Phil...he never really says anything profound or substantial, concerning the subject matter. He kind of blows by with a sentence or two regarding the subject...and then the show ends. For example....I caught yesterday's show a bit and there was a segment about a guy who was completely racist, and his daughter was having a bi-racial baby...so the guy WANTED and was seeking help. The most that Dr. Phil did was say that he was going to try to find some black families that would be willing to spend some time with this guy to show him that they are the same as he is, etc.  All he did was recap all of the comments that the guy had made, regarding what he thought about his situation, and he introduced the guy to part of his staff, who happened to be black...but that's about as far as it went.  That's all I am saying...I mean, he seems like a nice enough guy...but he is never thorough enough.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/05 at 1:07 pm

I am all for people who give advice, say things to help out a person, etc...but it just seems like (IMO) that everytime I watch Dr. Phil...he never really says anything profound or substantial, concerning the subject matter. He kind of blows by with a sentence or two regarding the subject...and then the show ends. For example....I caught yesterday's show a bit and there was a segment about a guy who was completely racist, and his daughter was having a bi-racial baby...so the guy WANTED and was seeking help. The most that Dr. Phil did was say that he was going to try to find some black families that would be willing to spend some time with this guy to show him that they are the same as he is, etc.  All he did was recap all of the comments that the guy had made, regarding what he thought about his situation, and he introduced the guy to part of his staff, who happened to be black...but that's about as far as it went.  That's all I am saying...I mean, he seems like a nice enough guy...but he is never thorough enough.

That's so goofy!  Imagine Dr. Phil calling you up and saying, "Can you spare an hour to help out a racist.  I mean, he doesn't like Black people, so he's not gonna like you...not at first."
WTF?

Written By: Lara Spencer on 09/23/05 at 2:08 pm

There were THREE choices, and you people are bouncing all over the freaking map.
Pick one of the three, please.  Focus.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/23/05 at 6:58 pm

Dr. Phil chillls me to the bone...  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 09/23/05 at 7:02 pm

There were THREE choices, and you people are bouncing all over the freaking map.

All three combined = one giant three headed monster  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/23/05 at 8:38 pm

get used to it...that's how these threads always end up...there's no such thing as staying completely on topic.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/23/05 at 8:38 pm

That's so goofy!  Imagine Dr. Phil calling you up and saying, "Can you spare an hour to help out a racist.  I mean, he doesn't like Black people, so he's not gonna like you...not at first."
WTF?

I KNOW!! It's totally messed up...that's what I was so confused about...I mean, what kind of advice is that? LOL!

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/26/05 at 9:51 pm

Martha Stewart. She and a few other famous people not mentioned here...Barry Bonds who said this gem"Congress has bigger things to deal with than steroids in baseball"...I know why Mister Inflated Ego Bonds said that..cause he's a STEROID ADDICT!

and Ms. Kevin Federline aka Britney the sleazy Spears...She probably even has the nanny kiss her baby goodnight while she and scuzzy Kevin live it up!!

I think Britney wouldn't be partying that much now that she's had a baby, plus I don't think she would have a nanny kiss her baby goodnight. I think by now she would have changed at least some of the things she does in her daily life to accommodate the life and needs of her new baby son.

Written By: Sean1983 on 09/27/05 at 1:44 pm

Bono

Written By: FireBrand79 on 10/07/05 at 10:16 pm

I say Trump.He really thinks his show is the most watch one on tv cause he's Donald Trump and he's got money.but no one cares about it or him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/08/05 at 8:34 pm

Pick one of the three, please. Focus.
There are WAAAY more than the three originally mentioned who have HUMONGOUS egos!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/08/05 at 8:38 pm

Hey..anyone else think Bill O' Reilly is a right-wing SNOB with an OVERBLOWN ego?

Check for new replies or respond here...