inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teflon Don Junior walks

Written By: Mushroom on 09/21/05 at 3:52 pm

Well, it appears that John Gotti Junior lives up to his father's reputation.  He walks from charges he was facing in a trial verdict today.

He was acquitted of one charge of stock fraud, and a mistrial was reached on the most serious charges.

The most serious was the accusation that he was behind an attempted murder and kidnapping of Curtis SLiwa, a local talk show host (and founder of the "Guardian Angels").  The allegations are that he targeted Sliwa after he verbally criticized his father John Sr. on his radio show.

The mistrial was reached because one juror would not change his decision from guilty.  The end result was a jury hung 11 to 1 for conviction.

The DA will likely bring the charges again at a later date.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/348341p-297277c.html

Subject: Re: Teflon Don Junior walks

Written By: Lara Spencer on 09/21/05 at 4:10 pm

Ugh.  I just came across a bit of that 'growing up gotti' show the other night.  What trash.  They should call it throwing up gotti.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/21/05 at 7:20 pm

Didn't suprise me one bit....  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/05 at 8:38 pm

quel surprise  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/21/05 at 9:19 pm

Ugh.  I just came across a bit of that 'growing up gotti' show the other night.  What trash.  They should call it throwing up gotti.
The more it's trash the more it appeals to the slime of Hollywood :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/05 at 3:18 am

I despise Curtis Sliwa!  He is sooooo obnoxious!  So are Gotti's hideous kids.
The didn't call the late Gotti the Teflon Don for nothing.  Organized crime bosses going back to Al Capone have a way turning on the charm and people forget all about how they'd squash you like a bug if it suited them, and kill your family too without a moment's regret.
I mean, guys like Capone took advantage of inner city poverty by helping out poor folks with food, clothes, and medical bills  They knew how to win over the common man into seeing them as folk heroes fighting the same system screwing over Joe Blow. 

Then again, I didn't see this so much with Gotti.  I just saw a fastination with Hollywood-style mafia intrigue, and the man's dapper duds, good looks, and charm.  Sort of like the way people are so big on Donald Trump. 

Anyway, Gotti, Jr., ought to get sent for a psychiatric work-up.  Anybody who would want to kidnap Curtis Sliwa has to be nuts! 
If I go to hell, I'll probably end up seated between Gotti, Jr., and Sliwa. 
"How you guys doin'?  Ohhhh, this is gonna suuuuuck!

Check for new replies or respond here...