inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AAA

Written By: gemini on 09/23/05 at 12:28 pm

Didn't know where this topic would fit, so I just stuck it here. So, does anyone have a membership for AAA auto coverage? I got an application in the mail, and had thought about joining but was wondering, is it worth it? Have you ever used it?  I just want to get some opinions from people who have actually used it before I decide.

Subject: Re: AAA

Written By: gemini on 09/23/05 at 12:36 pm

We have it and have definitely gotten our $$ worth.  We've had to use the "towing" (actually, the guy changed a flat) only once, but with the discounts you can get at alot of places, we're $$ ahead ;)  If you get alot of traffic tickets, you can use the card as a "bond card" instead of giving up your license.

I thought it might be a good idea since my youngest is driving now, hopefully we won't have to worry about the traffic ticket  thing though!  ;) 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/05 at 1:02 pm

AAA+ is definitely worth it. 
If your car breaks down just once and you have to get it towed twenty miles, it more than pays for itself.

Written By: gemini on 09/23/05 at 1:12 pm

AAA+ is definitely worth it. 
If your car breaks down just once and you have to get it towed twenty miles, it more than pays for itself.

Thanks for the info. So far, it sounds like a great investment.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/23/05 at 6:26 pm

It is so worth it.  They have towed me, changed tires, gotten keys out of the car...I love them.  Plus if you are going on vacation, you can get travel books from the places you are going.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/05 at 6:40 pm

We don't have it. We have insurence from Carlos' AARP.  :D

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...