inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashton and Demi tie the knot

Written By: Dagwood on 09/25/05 at 10:15 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050926/en_celeb_eo/17443

The erstwhile Brat Packer became Mrs. Ashton Kutcher Saturday night in a top-secret ceremony, Us Weekly and People reported Sunday.

Reps for both actors declined to comment on the marriage, but both magazines said the deed took place in the Los Angeles-area around 10 p.m. in front of 100 guests. The wedding was described as put together at the last minute and was a traditional Kabbalah ceremony.

Moore, 42, and Kutcher, 27, swapped vows at Moore's home with ex-husband Bruce Willis and her Charlie's Angel: Full Throttle costar Lucy Liu looking on, according to Us, which was first out of the gate with the nuptial news Sunday.

Per People, the ceremony location was a bit more vague, taking place at "a private Beverly Hills residence." The magazine reported the attendees also included Punky Brewster alumna Soleil Moon Frye and her husband, Jason Goldberg, who is Kutcher's producing partner.

Both publications agreed that Moore and Willis' three daugthers--Rumer, 17; Scout, 14; and Tallulah, 11--were on hand to see their mom marry the guy they call MOD, for "My Other Dad."

This is the first marriage for Kutcher, who had previously dated actresses his own age--Brittany Murphy and Ashley Scott--before hooking up with Moore. The Ghost star has two previous trips down the aisle to her credit: She was married to musician Freddy Moore from 1980 to 1984, and to Willis from 1987 to 2000. By all accounts Moore and Willis have remained tight, and he has come to befriend Kutcher.

Moore and Kutcher first began turning heads--and making tabloid headlines--in April 2003. Jaws dropped in June of that year when Moore and leading men past and present, Willis and Kutcher, accompanied by the three girls, turned up en masse for the premiere of Moore's ostensible comeback vehicle, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

They have since denied a slew of reports claiming secret weddings and hidden pregnancies. With tabs alleging Moore was with child last month, Kutcher cracked, "Why am I the last person to find out everything? "I'm going to be a daddy? God, no one tells me anything."

After rising to fame in the 1980s in such films as St. Elmo's Fire and About Last Night..., Moore became one of Hollywood's most bankable actresses in the early 1990s with a string of hits, including Ghost, A Few Good Men, Indecent Proposal and Disclosure. She took a brief hiatus in the late '90s to focus on motherhood before returing to the big screen in Full Throttle. Next up is the thriller Half Light.

A former Calvin Klein underwear model, Kutcher's acting career took off on That '70s Show. He has gone on to mastermind the MTV candid-camera series Punk'd and starred in such films as Dude, Where's My Car, Cheaper by the Dozen, The Butterfly Effect and, most recently, Guess Who and A Lot Like Love. He's lending his voice to the upcoming 'toon Open Season and will star opposite Kevin Costner in the horror flick The Guardian; both films are slated for release in 2006.

Subject: Re: Ashton and Demi tie the knot

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:35 pm

Wow, I am ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... excited.....  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/25/05 at 10:42 pm

Oh, come on, Jamie.  We know you are heartbroke that Demi didn't wait for you. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 10:48 pm

Oh, come on, Jamie.  We know you are heartbroke that Demi didn't wait for you. ;D

;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/05 at 10:53 pm

I wonder what Bruce Willis thinks of this

Demi goes from Hunky action star to Goof Ball  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/25/05 at 11:04 pm

I wonder what Bruce Willis thinks of this

Demi goes from Hunky action star to Goof Ball  ;D

Good question....

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/26/05 at 9:17 am

I'm normally not a big "celebrity gossip" follower (unless it's someone I'm a really big fan of), but back in 1998 or so, I was kinda paying attention to the demise of Demi & Bruce's marriage/relationship.

It's too bad it didn't end up working out between them (I kinda got attached to them being together when they both did the voices for husband and wife criminals in the Beavis & Butthead movie, lol).

However, from all I've read, her and Ashton have made a great couple. For awhile I was thinking it wouldn't last, but I'm happy for them both. I've been a fan of his since I started watching That 70's Show too. He IS a goofball, but a cool goofball - reminds me of myself at times!

BTW, on an off note, I do like the trend that seems to be taking place in Hollywood, of younger guys marrying/getting together with older women. ;) ;)

Kinda beats the stereotypical 70 year old actor with a 20 year old chick thing of the past, LOL!

Written By: Harmonica on 09/26/05 at 11:35 am

I wonder how jealous Ashton is going to be when before long Demi will be getting the senior discount at restuaraunts and  he won't be.

Or how Demi's gonna feel when she has to explain for the umpteenth time, "THIS IS NOT MY SON!!!"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/26/05 at 12:07 pm

I wonder how jealous Ashton is going to be when before long Demi will be getting the senior discount at restuaraunts and  he won't be.

Or how Demi's gonna feel when she has to explain for the umpteenth time, "THIS IS NOT MY SON!!!"

;D

In other wedding news, Jerry O' Connell is getting married to Rebecca Romijn. Advice to Jerry: Don't blow it like John Stamos did.  ::)  ;D

Written By: shel on 09/26/05 at 1:44 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050926/en_celeb_eo/17443

A good freind of mine is an actor and voice-over producer in Hollywood and this rumor is not true.

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/05 at 1:46 pm

In other wedding news, Jerry O' Connell is getting married to Rebecca Romijn. Advice to Jerry: Don't blow it like John Stamos did.  ::)  ;D

I had no idea those two were even involved.  I'm so behind the times  ::)

Written By: Don on 09/26/05 at 2:24 pm

GOOD for them kind of unusual to see 25 yo and 44 yo but HEY good 4 them ROCK on!
I can't wait 4 Madonna's new album

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 09/26/05 at 2:44 pm

;D

Jerry O'Connell is the geeky kid that turned into a stud with hot chicks on his arm.  I remember what a chubby geek he was in the 80s in Stand by Me and My Secret Identity.  He's inspirational how he transformed himself.

Written By: PETER on 09/26/05 at 3:39 pm

I will hold my breath for another week Shel and if this was only a trial balloon, I would like to know your friend as it would be rare to know someone in the 'know'..

If it IS true..you may need to find another friend to listen to....

saying 100 people showed up..well, that's a lot to make a mistake that something went on,..I still recall reading/hearing Britney Spears was to have twins and THAT never was! Anyone condemning the media who reported that?

Let's expose the fakes and deal with the real stories... 8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/26/05 at 6:32 pm

Perhaps I should buy the proud Groom a 4" x 4" x 8' as a wedding present.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/05 at 7:37 pm

Oh why don't they go tie the knot around their own necks and dangle awhile.  Do us all a favor!

Written By: PETER on 10/06/05 at 10:11 pm

Well, SHel..finding a new friend yet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/05 at 10:30 pm

WAIT!  He married Demi, not Martha ;)

Good one, crazymom!  I didn't get it the first time.
:D

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/06/05 at 10:57 pm

Good for them.

Check for new replies or respond here...