inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Life Fair?

Written By: Lara Spencer on 10/11/05 at 9:42 am

Do you think life in genral is fair?

Subject: Re: Is Life Fair?

Written By: Ophrah on 10/11/05 at 10:32 am

There is no such thing as fair. There's just what is, and what you want. The distance between the two is what your life is supposed to be about.

Written By: bj26 on 10/11/05 at 10:50 am

I believe life is supposed to be fair and in balance, however it seems at least imo, that the sad times and disasters are more memorable than the happy and good times.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/05 at 11:02 am

I believe life is supposed to be fair and in balance, however it seems at least imo, that the sad times and disasters are more memorable than the happy and good times.

I agree. It's just that humans blow it.

Written By: bj26 on 10/11/05 at 3:32 pm

I agree. It's just that humans blow it.
Yes, but we have to keep trying :)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/11/05 at 3:48 pm

There is no such thing as fair. There's just what is, and what you want. The distance between the two is what your life is supposed to be about.

I agree. Very well put.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/11/05 at 6:12 pm

absolutely not.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/11/05 at 6:18 pm

If your a rich, white, heterosexual, Christian male with wife and 2 (or however many, doesn't matter) kids (and vote republican/conservative) then yes.

Otherwise: no.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/11/05 at 6:56 pm

If your a rich, white, heterosexual, Christian male with wife and 2 (or however many, doesn't matter) kids (and vote republican/conservative) then yes.

I don't think that's a fair statement.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/11/05 at 7:07 pm

I don't think that's a fair statement.
Probably not.  ;D

...which is why I'll just stay away from posting in these topics

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/11/05 at 11:31 pm

no, life is not fair.

Erin :)

Written By: rich1981 on 10/11/05 at 11:45 pm

If you mean fair as in justified, then no, not always but if you mean fair as in above poor, it varies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/05 at 12:16 am

Nope.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 10/12/05 at 4:55 am

Just be happy that you're alive, and dont worry about whether it's fair or not.

Written By: Bobby on 10/12/05 at 5:48 am

Now that's a good point.  :)

Written By: bj26 on 10/12/05 at 9:14 am

I also agree, it's a good point.  If you can somehow keep the faith even when times are hard, believing things will get better, then the issue ot fairness becomes a non-issue.  Like what happened to Job (mind you I'm not much of a bible person) but I believe the example of Job was that he kept his faith even in the face of complete personal tragedy, and things finally turned around.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/12/05 at 10:52 am

Some of the greatest genius of the 20th century emerged from people who suffered from tremendous personal and professional setbacks.

Damn near every single one of them. It's hard to find someone who didn't have an amount of adversity in their life who became successful men and women of the 20th century.  Infact the larger amount of empathetic pathos the more infulential and signifigant they were.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/12/05 at 10:52 am

Actually he makes a valid point. The way America is shifting back to the Leave to Beaver years. If you don't fit anywhere in this category, you should be concerned.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/12/05 at 12:04 pm

Probably not.  ;D

...which is why I'll just stay away from posting in these topics

It's cool, I mean, the Christian man may feel life isn't fair because people are against his beliefs or some smut like that... I think we all feel this unjustified feeling that we're alone in our thinking and that in itself is unfair.

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/12/05 at 12:13 pm

"Life's a piece of shi*.. when you look at it but... always look on the bright side of life.. de dum de dum de dum de dum"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Written By: bj26 on 10/12/05 at 3:32 pm

"Life's a piece of shi*.. when you look at it but... always look on the bright side of life.. de dum de dum de dum de dum"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
If you really feel that way, it's too bad, however it's okay.  Some of us have had some unfortunate happenings in our lives.  When times were tough, I always told myself to keep my chin up and get over it, but it seemed a difficult task at the time.  Anyway, I'm still in the game and I plan to be a hitter next time I step up to the plate!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/05 at 3:35 pm

I'm with Tanya on this.  Life is fair, but there are people who are in a position to make it unfair, that
is not fair.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/12/05 at 3:57 pm

Just be happy that you're alive.

That's also a good point. I totally agree.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/05 at 11:08 pm

Natural law:
I'm alive, my adversary is not.  Fair for me...but not such a good deal for him, then, eh?
;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/12/05 at 11:17 pm

If you really feel that way, it's too bad, however it's okay.  Some of us have had some unfortunate happenings in our lives.  When times were tough, I always told myself to keep my chin up and get over it, but it seemed a difficult task at the time.  Anyway, I'm still in the game and I plan to be a hitter next time I step up to the plate!

It was a song  ;)

Written By: McDonald on 10/13/05 at 2:25 pm

Hells no! Life sucks like a wind tunnel, and it's up to us humans to be compassionate with one another and to help ease the pain of living while we have to be here. That's my $0.02.

Written By: Apricot on 10/13/05 at 3:50 pm

No, it's not.. the imbalance is staggering.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/13/05 at 6:10 pm

Hells no! Life sucks like a wind tunnel, and it's up to us humans to be compassionate with one another and to help ease the pain of living while we have to be here. That's my $0.02.

Hate to tell you this McDonald but us humans as a whole don't seem to be doing what is "up to" us, worth a hoot.

Written By: STAR70 on 10/13/05 at 6:16 pm

if life were fair, I would be humping Salma Hayek RIGHT NOW!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: McDonald on 10/14/05 at 12:15 am

Hate to tell you this McDonald but us humans as a whole don't seem to be doing what is "up to" us, worth a hoot.

Ya don't say! I didn't even notice... 

Written By: TarzSp on 10/14/05 at 4:30 am

My life is already screwed in terms of a long term future, so "Hell No"

I do hope that there is such thing as Reincarnation so I can come back with a New Life and start over again from a clean slate

Written By: Harmonica on 10/14/05 at 8:39 am

Ya don't say! I didn't even notice... 

As Billy Joel says sometimes things can "only be seen by the eyes of the blind, in the middle of the night."

Written By: Harmonica on 10/14/05 at 8:41 am

My life is already screwed in terms of a long term future, so "Hell No"

I do hope that there is such thing as Reincarnation so I can come back with a New Life and start over again from a clean slate

If Reincarnation already is real, what makes you think this is your 1st try? Only asking cause it seems your pretty confident in getting that clean slate and being about to make the most of it.  As long as mankind has been around, this should be about your 6th or 7th try.  What makes you so sure things are gonna treat you better on the 8th try?  Or that You'll do better on the 8th try?

Written By: Toby on 10/14/05 at 7:09 pm

It doesn't matter, since you get to reincarnate over and over again.

Written By: Keet on 10/15/05 at 2:52 am

It's not the idea that you start off with a clean slate.  It's the fact that you're developing your soul in each separate life so you can become one with Him.  One life shapes your humanity, another life develops your patience, etc.  If you screw up doing it, you get a chance to begin again by learning from your mistakes (Karma). 

...at least that's what my fortune cookie told me

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/15/05 at 4:34 pm

I wish....  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/05 at 4:40 pm

As Billy Joel says sometimes things can "only be seen by the eyes of the blind, in the middle of the night."

If life was fair, I wouln't hafta hear Billy Joel songs everywhere!
:P

Written By: Mistress Leola on 10/18/05 at 3:52 pm

I wish....  ::)

Or Stevie Wonder songs  ;)

Hey, what's wrong with Billy Joel?  The man's a genius!  :P

Written By: alyceclover on 10/20/05 at 9:58 am

Or Stevie Wonder songs  ;)

Hey, what's wrong with Billy Joel?  The man's a genius!  :P

Hey, what's wrong with Stevie Wonder? The man's a genius!  :P  8)

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/05 at 10:01 am

Life is not fair.  If it was, I'd be married to pop star Lara McAllen, I'd have a huge mansion in London, and I'd be RICH RICH RICH  :P

Written By: alyceclover on 10/20/05 at 10:09 am

life just IS, as indifferent as a hurricane that crosses your path leaving your life in total destruction  :\'(
'if you look way down in your heart and soul', sometimes I think life is very fair....the ole Karma thing, what goes around comes around, when people ask "why me", I say I can think of a thousand reasons why, me and they tend to agree, 'well, there was that time that I .....' as you did unto others it's being done unto you, yet I know a lot of unfair things that have happened to me in my life, that I'd never, ever do to another.
Was life the director for those people who for some odd reason chose not to go to work that day...9-11-2001...or was it just dumb luck?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 12:50 pm

life just IS
Oh is it, now?
:P

Written By: TarzSp on 10/24/05 at 12:47 pm

I've been sitting here listening to some music, and out of nowhere, something hit me, and Now i'm just in a deep depression and I just absolutely hate my life.  This just came out of nowhere

I just feel too much Hate in my heart right now, I'm so pissed off and I don't even know what i'm upset about.  I'm now just in a mood where I just don't feel like doing anything anymore, I'm just too bored with Life

Oh well, I'll just try and suck it up

:(

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/24/05 at 12:49 pm

I've been sitting here listening to some music, and out of nowhere, something hit me, and Now i'm just in a deep depression and I just absolutely hate my life.  This just came out of nowhere

I just feel too much Hate in my heart right now, I'm so pissed off and I don't even know what i'm upset about.  I'm now just in a mood where I just don't feel like doing anything anymore, I'm just too bored with Life

Oh well, I'll just try and suck it up

:(

That's when blowing up public buildings is the most fun.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/24/05 at 12:52 pm

That's when blowing up public buildings is the most fun.

Sorry, but I'm not psycho at all

And I thought you were a Cardinal fan...

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/24/05 at 12:53 pm

Sorry, but I'm not psycho at all

And I thought you were a Cardinal fan...

I am.. but my hatred of the wild card is strong!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/25/05 at 6:39 pm

My life is what I make it. That's how I deal with things, good and bad, in my life, by remembering those words and applying them to situations that happen to me. And I know that I can go for the things in life I want to acheive.

Check for new replies or respond here...