inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Vacation Ever!

Written By: Lara Spencer on 10/14/05 at 1:16 pm

What's the best vacation you ever took?

Where you went:
How long ago it was:
Who you went with:
How you got there:
How long you were there:
Why it was memorable:
When you're doing it again:
Your fantasy vacation:

Subject: Re: Best Vacation Ever!

Written By: Toby on 10/14/05 at 7:37 pm

Where you went:  Washington, D.C.
How long ago it was: Last weekend
Who you went with: Two other cute girls
How you got there:  Drove
How long you were there: Three Days
Why it was memorable: We had a good time
When you're doing it again: Soon
Your fantasy vacation: No

Written By: danootaandme on 10/16/05 at 7:57 am

Where you went:                            Paris
How long ago it was:                    1974
Who you went with:                      Alone
How you got there:                        Hitchhiked from Bath England 
How long you were there:            Week
Why it was memorable:                It was Paris
When you're doing it again:        Probably won't do that again
Your fantasy vacation:                  To Hitchhike from Bath to Paris

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/05 at 1:46 pm

Where you went: Across Country
How long ago it was: 1998
Who you went with: Carlos
How you got there: Car
How long you were there: About a month
Why it was memorable: We first went to Tulsa to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday (and a family reunion-first time Carlos met most of my family), then my first trip to California (stayed with Carlos' sister) and we went to Disneyland, Hollywood and sailed to Catalina. On theway home we stopped in Vegas on the way home and won $300 in a slot machine. Then went to Zion National Part and visited some friends in Colorado.
When you're doing it again: We have made the trip to Califoria a few times since then but we haven't made the other "side trips" (except Tulsa) that we did on that first trip.
Your fantasy vacation: Anywhere with Carlos.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/16/05 at 8:42 pm

Where you went: Gold Country, California
How long ago it was: January 2004
Who you went with: Cooper
How you got there: By car
How long you were there: 4 days
Why it was memorable: It was a beautiful ride to and from. I saw snow for the very first time in my life. I saw some of the worlds tallest trees. And I was with the man I truly love.
When you're doing it again: We're planning another trip up towards Truckee and Placerville.
Your fantasy vacation: Maybe soon we can get out of the state again and visit some unusual places.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/16/05 at 11:11 pm

Where you went: Wildwood, NJ
How long ago it was: it was in the 80's
Who you went with: my family
How you got there: The Family Truckster ;) 
How long you were there: about a week
Why it was memorable: it was a family tradition for us to go there. We would travel 30 to Lancaster, Pa...spend the night there, and then venture off to Wildwood, NJ.  I can still remember the hotels that we stayed in, all of the colorful lights of the hotels along the beach, boardwalk, the neato restaurants that we ate at, little beach souveniors, flying kites on the sandy beaches, ....oh I could go on for hours! ;)
When you're doing it again:It's been years since we have taken a family vacation like that...we always talk about going back some year...that would be great!
Your fantasy vacation: I would like to travel across the US, cross country in an RV...that would be GREAT!

Written By: Alchoholica on 10/17/05 at 12:19 am

Where you went: Southern France
How long ago it was: 3 years
Who you went with: My Mom, My Dad, My Second Mom, My Second Dad, My 'Uncle', Six Friends
How you got there: Ex - Army Landrover with the roof removed  ;D
How long you were there: 2 weeks
Why it was memorable: It was just great, me and my old man really got along. There was so much to do, swimming in the rivers, diving off the cliffs. It's where i learnt to off road.
When you're doing it again: Probably not  :(
Your fantasy vacation: Paris, Rome and Moscow in one trip.

Written By: alyceclover on 10/27/05 at 10:18 pm

Where you went: New Oleans LA
How long ago it was: 2002
Who you went with: no one
How you got there: train
How long you were there: 8 hours
Why it was memorable: MUSIC-MUSIC-MUSIC French Quarter Dancing Trolley
When you're doing it again: not soon enough
Your fantasy vacation: ???
the vacation was the train trip which started in LA, Los Angeles, that is, when I first drove 'cross country I saw that train & said to myself "self" I wanna go on that, someday....met fantastic people, food was excellent, showering not too great  ;) and the train was late  >:( so not enough time in NO, before trip continued North, to visit family..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/27/05 at 10:21 pm

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/7560000/7566575.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/05 at 11:20 pm

heck ya...my absolute favorite!!

Erin :)

Written By: Harmonica on 10/28/05 at 1:16 am

What's the best vacation you ever took?

Where you went:
How long ago it was:
Who you went with:
How you got there:
How long you were there:
Why it was memorable:
When you're doing it again:
Your fantasy vacation:

NCAA DI Wrestling championships

1 year, 2 year and 3 years ago

My dad

Drove

4 days

Each and every single time

This year come march

It don't get much better than this.

Written By: Morton on 10/28/05 at 6:39 am

Where you went: Majorca, Spain
How long ago it was: About 10 years
Who you went with: Family
How you got there: Plane
How long you were there: 2 weeks
Why it was memorable: I was a kid, it was my first holiday, so it was always going to be special
When you're doing it again: No time soon
Your fantasy vacation: Hawaii

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/28/05 at 2:44 pm

Where you went: West Coast (Southern Utah, Las Vegas, L.A., San Diego/Tijuana, San Francisco, Oregon, Idaho)

How long ago it was: Summer 2001

Who you went with: My older brother

How you got there: Drove

How long you were there: 3 weeks

Why it was memorable: It was the first time I visited Las Vegas and California as a tourist (I've been there many times before and since in a big rig, but you can't really get out and explore in a semi-truck. I had a blast flying down the L.A. expressways at 90 mph in my car, I'd always wanted to do that.) Also we got to see a friend of my brother's in Vegas, our cousin and her future husband in L.A. and San Diego (and we also went to Mexico for the first time), our brother in Oregon, and our uncle in Boise, Idaho. Our parents just happened to be on vacation at the same time and we met up at the redwood forest in Northern California. Also, it was by far the smoothest road trip I'd ever been on, my car performed flawlessly, and it only rained one day out of the entire three weeks.

When you're doing it again: Probably not for a while, not until I get some vacation time built up.

Your fantasy vacation: Europe (was stationed in Germany for 3 years, I've always wanted to go back. Also, I'd like to visit the UK.) Either that, or I'd like to take another 3 week road trip, but this time it'd be on the East Coast (and I'd look some of you up, if you were interested.)

Written By: whistledog on 10/28/05 at 9:50 pm

Nah.  The European one was better. 

"Do you want that in the can"  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/27/05 at 1:28 am

Where you went: Across Country
How long ago it was: 1998
Who you went with: Carlos
How you got there: Car
How long you were there: About a month
Why it was memorable: We first went to Tulsa to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday (and a family reunion-first time Carlos met most of my family), then my first trip to California (stayed with Carlos' sister) and we went to Disneyland, Hollywood and sailed to Catalina. On theway home we stopped in Vegas on the way home and won $300 in a slot machine. Then went to Zion National Part and visited some friends in Colorado.
When you're doing it again: We have made the trip to Califoria a few times since then but we haven't made the other "side trips" (except Tulsa) that we did on that first trip.
Your fantasy vacation: Anywhere with Carlos.

Cat

I also when to Zion National Park and Las Vegas this past May!  What a beautiful place!

Written By: 80s gail on 11/27/05 at 1:30 pm

went to colorado,usa in 1994 for 2 weeks with my sister and brother in law,went to ouray,crested butte and breckenridge, the best holiday i've ever had! did a lot of walking and eating, still lost weight despite the huge portions they sell in america. Would I go back? You bet! Americans can't be beaten for friendliness.

Check for new replies or respond here...