inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: eHarmony and Lavalife

Written By: Harmony on 10/17/05 at 3:10 pm

Has anyone heard anything about or had any experience with eHarmony or Lavalife?  eHarmony's system seems pretty good from their commercials, but I don't know anybody personally that's tried it.  Lavalife looks kind of cheezy and maybe for a younger crowd, but I'm not sure.

Subject: Re: eHarmony and Lavalife

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/17/05 at 3:36 pm

I knew someone that tried eHarmony...they have this personality test that you fill out and they claim that they match you up with people similiar to youself.  This person didn't have any luck though.

Erin :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/05 at 4:14 pm

They're just gold digging services for spoiled broads with regal senses of entitlement.  It's also good for rich guys in their fifities looking for a trophy wife.  That's just about it.

They claim to be Christian, but they're Christian in the manner of Tom DeLay and Rick Santorum.  eHarmony discriminates against applicants based on sexual orientation, social values, depression, income, weight, and height.  The area of discrimination varies based on the individual applicant.

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 6:17 pm

All these dating sites where you have to pay to be a member.   It's like you're paying to get a date.  It just doesn't feel right.  I'd rather find a girl the old fashioned way:  Going to a bar, hitting on some chick, finding out she has a mean jealous boyfriend who them knocks all my teeth out  ;D

Written By: Mistress Leola on 10/19/05 at 9:33 am

They claim to be Christian, but they're Christian in the manner of Tom DeLay and Rick Santorum.  eHarmony discriminates against applicants based on sexual orientation, social values, depression, income, weight, and height.

You mean if I'm straight, they'll refuse to hook me up with all the cute gay guys that otherwise fit my profile?  That's unconscionable.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/19/05 at 9:42 am

Lavalife is a place where MOST males cheat on their wives, want cybersex, and one night stands only.;) They have to BUY credits in order to chat with the females. How do I know this you may ask? I use to belong there. Then when I found out what kind of scuzballs were on there .. I left.

Written By: McDonald on 10/19/05 at 2:18 pm

You mean if I'm straight, they'll refuse to hook me up with all the cute gay guys that otherwise fit my profile?  That's unconscionable.

More like, if you're an athiest or whatever, they'll tell you that they're unable to help you.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/05 at 2:27 pm

All these dating sites where you have to pay to be a member.   It's like you're paying to get a date.  It just doesn't feel right.  I'd rather find a girl the old fashioned way:  Going to a bar, hitting on some chick, finding out she has a mean jealous boyfriend who them knocks all my teeth out  ;D

That's part of the problem.  They all say they want a nice, sensitive guy.  But they really get off on having a mean, jealous boyfriend.
I wish I didn't have the same primal instinct as every other heterosexual male, 'coz with most of the "hotties" I run out of things to talk about after like three sentences.  The alpha-males on the town all seem to have one thing in common: "Duh!"  Same with the "hotties."  The difference is, I my eyes are not drawn to male bods in that slobbering, canine way!
:P

Written By: Mistress Leola on 10/19/05 at 2:37 pm

More like, if you're an athiest or whatever, they'll tell you that they're unable to help you.

Really, it's a religious dating service?  That's cool, I guess.  Odd that they don't overtly market themselves that way, though.

Written By: McDonald on 10/19/05 at 4:38 pm

Really, it's a religious dating service?  That's cool, I guess.  Odd that they don't overtly market themselves that way, though.

Exactly. I think if they're going to use religion as some sort of definitive criterium, they should at least let it be known in their marketing strategy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/05 at 8:51 pm

I knew someone that tried eHarmony...they have this personality test that you fill out and they claim that they match you up with people similiar to youself.  This person didn't have any luck though.

Anyway, I don't want a woman similar to myself.  I drive me crazy!
:D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/20/05 at 2:23 am

My brother once tried Match.com, but it seemed to have failed him. Some of the girls just stood him up. I have never subscribed to such a service. I have too many men on the side the way it is, j/k  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 1:00 pm

My brother once tried Match.com, but it seemed to have failed him. Some of the girls just stood him up. I have never subscribed to such a service. I have too many men on the side the way it is, j/k  ;D

Say whaaaat?
:o

I did Match a few years ago.  Turns out a lot of the female profiles are either expired or bogus.  A lot of the for-real gals are bitter divorcees with three brats and more baggage than the LAX terminal!  Count me out!
::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/20/05 at 1:12 pm

Say whaaaat?

I did Match a few years ago.  Turns out a lot of the female profiles are either expired or bogus.  A lot of the for-real gals are bitter divorcees with three brats and more baggage than the LAX terminal!  Count me out!

lol, yeah, you heard me!  ;D

Written By: Mistress Leola on 10/20/05 at 2:03 pm

Say whaaaat?

I used match a few years back, with a fair amount of success.  But these days, there are far too many teenage boys with PCs -- you don't know what the hell you'll end up with... ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 2:54 pm

I used match a few years back, with a fair amount of success.  But these days, there are far too many teenage boys with PCs -- you don't know what the hell you'll end up with... ;)

Teenage boys with PCs?  Well, some people will...
:-X

Written By: Bee Dee on 10/21/05 at 5:18 pm

I would not recommend that somebody uses the internet to start a relationship.  You do not know who the person is really, and they could be pretending there somebody there not.  People have met really strange people on the net.  Meet people from other people you already know or join groups.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/21/05 at 5:50 pm

I would not recommend that somebody uses the internet to start a relationship.  You do not know who the person is really, and they could be pretending there somebody there not.  People have met really strange people on the net.  Meet people from other people you already know or join groups.

Believe it or not, I think I've met stranger people through friends and/or groups..

Written By: Dagwood on 10/21/05 at 6:09 pm

I know of a couple of people that met online that got married and are very happy.  It happens.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/21/05 at 6:14 pm

I know of a couple of people that met online that got married and are very happy.  It happens.

I am one of them! :)  I mean, I have met some wackos online AND in real life....but believe it or not, there are normal people out there!

Check for new replies or respond here...