inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I am wondering what nationality is Scott Podsednik?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/19/05 at 9:39 pm

What nationality is Chicago White Sox' player SCOTT PODSEDNIK? His last name is unusual..just curious.

How can I possibly find out? I hope this post does not sound bigoted.

Subject: Re: I am wondering what nationality is Scott Podsednik?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/22/05 at 1:32 am

I wouldnt have a clue who he is so I wont guess - but my friends husbands surname is Podshedcics - which is quite similar - and his parents are polish & russian.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 2:02 am

According to Wikipedia, he's Polish.  Sounds about right.  I thought, of course, Scott Podsednik sounds like the name of a nice Polish boy from Chicago...only he's a native of West Texas!
;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/22/05 at 3:38 am

According to Wikipedia, he's Polish.  Sounds about right.  I thought, of course, Scott Podsednik sounds like the name of a nice Polish boy from Chicago...only he's a native of West Texas!
;)
Thanks. BTW I'm rooting for the team he plays for, the White Sox, to win the World Series...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/22/05 at 4:38 am

Scott Podsednik is not too shabby looking...I like his gorgeous face,especially his eyes and his beard thingy..

But St. Louis' Albert Pujols is soooooo to die for....

Written By: Jen on 07/01/06 at 3:48 pm

I was curious about Scotty's last name too...it's so uncommon so I looked it up on the web and found this:

Occupations of your ancestors (and their godparents)
PODSEDEK or PODSEDNIK- Czech (in German Untersasser or Podsedker). Peasant, his social-economical status was between farmer and cottager. He hired plot by bigger farmer, unlike the farmers who were renters of the feudal landlords. Podsednik had up to 10 acres of arable fields, whereas big farmers, owned about 40 acres, i.e. +4x more.

So, it's a Czech name apparently.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...