inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Doom: The Movie

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/20/05 at 10:24 am

Doom will finally be coming out as a movie. Is there anyone here who is a fan of the game series, and looking forward to watchin the movie?

Subject: Re: Doom: The Movie

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/05 at 10:35 am

I've played the game a few times.  I suck real bad at it  ;D

It looks like it will be a good movie.  Lots of guns, explosions and The Rock .. what more could you ask for in a great action film :)

Written By: TarzSp on 10/20/05 at 11:34 am

Since "The Rock" is in it, I'll be Avoiding this movie

I really hate The Rock

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 12:21 pm

Remember when they tried to make a cartoon series out of Pac-Man?
:D

Let video games be video games and movies be movies.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/20/05 at 12:27 pm

I like the part of the movie with the first-person view of the chainsaw about to dice up the devil dog thing.  I remember that fondly from the old school Doom.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 12:48 pm

I like the part of the movie with the first-person view of the chainsaw about to dice up the devil dog thing.  I remember that fondly from the old school Doom.

Actually, Doom was the last video game I was addicted to.  I'm not much of a gamer, but I found the pre-"Quake" Dooms irresistable.  I also found out the cheat codes, heh heh!  But, I mean, you didn't stand a chance at the upper levels without using the invincibility code a few times!
::)

Written By: Satish on 10/21/05 at 5:55 pm

Actually, Doom was the last video game I was addicted to.  I'm not much of a gamer, but I found the pre-"Quake" Dooms irresistable.  I also found out the cheat codes, heh heh!  But, I mean, you didn't stand a chance at the upper levels without using the invincibility code a few times!
::)

Really? I thought you could make it to the top levels if you spent enough time at it.

I totally loved the game, also!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/05 at 8:51 pm

Really? I thought you could make it to the top levels if you spent enough time at it.

I totally loved the game, also!

Oh, I'm sure it's "possible," but it takes to much time and discipline.  If I wanted a challenge of time and discipline, I'd take up French horn! 
;D

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 8:59 pm

The Critics HATE this Movie. Alot of Negative reviews, especially Roger Ebert who gave it 1 out of 4 Stars

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/21/05 at 10:02 pm

The Critics HATE this Movie. Alot of Negative reviews, especially Roger Ebert who gave it 1 out of 4 Stars

Figure as much...

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/22/05 at 1:12 am

Eberts review had one of his best lines in it...it went something along the lines of: "DOOM the movie is like inviting your friend over your house, and have him play games on your computer, but he's not letting you play."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/05 at 1:17 am

Eberts review had one of his best lines in it...it went something along the lines of: "DOOM the movie is like inviting your friend over your house, and have him play games on your computer, but he's not letting you play."

;D ;D ;D

I don't always agree with Ebert, but when he really rips on a movie, he generally right on!

Check for new replies or respond here...