inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rosa Parks,Civil Rights icon,passed away

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/24/05 at 10:37 pm

Rosa Parks rest in peace. You were brave enough to lead the way....http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051024223309990004&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Subject: Re: Rosa Parks,Civil Rights icon,passed away

Written By: nally on 10/24/05 at 10:38 pm

That's so sad. :( :\'( And it's been almost 50 years since the day she refused to give up her seat.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/25/05 at 12:09 am

Thank you, Ms. Parks. RIP  :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/25/05 at 4:41 am

I am one of the few here who is old enough to remember the event.  It took more than courage to
do what she did.  She is one of the greatest American heroes because of who she was and what
she did. All those who value truth and freedom owe a debt to her that can never be repaid.  Rest
in Peace Mrs. Parks.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/25/05 at 6:57 am

Rosa Parks
1913/2005
May She Rest In Peace
:\'(

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6084/msparks3io.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/05 at 1:02 pm

I salute Rosa Parks in her passing at the age of 92.
Thanks for your memory, Danoota, and the pic from Joe.
It's important to remember Mrs. Parks' protest was not made in isolation.  She was part of a concerted effort of civil disobedience, and it was she who made one of the first affirmative statements.  That her protest was planned makes it no less brave or heroic.  She was alone in the act itself and had to face the consequences of breaking a racist law that had been custom for eighty years.  It's hard for us to appreciate today how blatant and violently enforced the racist policies of Jim Crow were.
We all owe Mrs. Parks a debt of gratitude for the part she played in standing up against intolerable racism.  She will forever by an emblem of courage in the face of oppression.

Rest in peace, Rosa!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/25/05 at 1:06 pm

I salute Rosa Parks in her passing at the age of 92.
Thanks for your memory, Danoota, and the pic from Joe.
It's important to remember Mrs. Parks' protest was not made in isolation.  She was part of a concerted effort of civil disobedience, and it was she who made one of the first affirmative statements.  That her protest was planned makes it no less brave or heroic.  She was alone in the act itself and had to face the consequences of breaking a racist law that had been custom for eighty years.  It's hard for us to appreciate today how blatant and violently enforced the racist policies of Jim Crow were.
We all owe Mrs. Parks a debt of gratitude for the part she played in standing up against intolerable racism.  She will forever by an emblem of courage in the face of oppression.

Rest in peace, Rosa!

Rosa Parks
1913/2005
May She Rest In Peace

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6084/msparks3io.jpg

I echo your thoughts everyone, this dear lady has been featured on our evening news tonight. What a strength of character.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/05 at 1:13 pm

The world has lost a great and brave lady.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

R.I.P. Rosa.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/25/05 at 3:53 pm

Not only the mother of the modern civil rights movement, but a moral compass and a beacon lighting the way to freedom.  My my son and daughters, and all sons and daughters continue the struggle.

Thank you Mrs Parks

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/25/05 at 6:20 pm

You'll be sadly missed.... rest in peace....  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/05 at 8:48 pm

Rest in peace, Ms. Parks.  The world is a better place because you were in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...