inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First Rocky VI.... Now Rambo IV!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/28/05 at 10:52 pm

Rambo is back in business. Sylvester Stallone will reprise his role as gun-toting John Rambo in the upcoming "Rambo IV," said Ben Nedivi of Millennium Films, which is producing the project with Emmett/Furla Films.

The 59-year-old Stallone also intends to bring boxer Rocky Balboa out of retirement. He will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," the sixth film in that franchise, with shooting set to begin next year.

Nedivi said the $50 million "Rambo IV" will recapture the rawness of "First Blood," which launched the franchise in 1982.

Production is set to begin after "Rocky Balboa" wraps.

Michelle Bega, a spokeswoman for Stallone, said the actor wasn't available for comment Friday.

A new "Rambo" script hasn't yet been written, but the story calls for the reclusive Vietnam veteran to return to his vigilante ways when a young girl is kidnapped.

The first three films grossed a combined $614 million worldwide.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20051028/113055366000.html

He looks like Sly needs cash.... badly......  ;D

And it get's better..... Wesley Snipes and Jean Claude Van Damme are going to do a movie together!  ::)  ;D

http://www.star-ecentral.com/movies/buzz/buzz.asp?file=archives/buzz/2005/10/26SnipesandV&date=10/26/2005

Subject: Re: First Rocky VI.... Now Rambo IV!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/28/05 at 11:09 pm

I wonder if anyone here has seen Driven or Get Carter?  I did see recently D-Tox, his latest film on Cable, it stunk...  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/05 at 11:36 am

Last time I saw Rambo I ("First Blood") it was dubbed to Portugese when I was in Rio De Janiero.

Movie was still awesome.  The Brazilians ate it up too.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 11:47 am

I wonder if anyone here has seen Driven or Get Carter?  I did see recently D-Tox, his latest film on Cable, it stunk...  ::)

D-Tox was very bad.  The DVD/VHS title of it is called 'Eye See You'.  I actually wasted $9.99 to get this on VHS when it came out.  A word to the wise:  Stallone movies that go straight to video are not very good  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/05 at 1:12 pm

;D

I argee!  ;D

But whose are worse...

Stallone's, Van Damme's, or Seagal's?  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/05 at 1:13 pm

D-Tox was very bad.  The DVD/VHS title of it is called 'Eye See You'.  I actually wasted $9.99 to get this on VHS when it came out.  A word to the wise:  Stallone movies that go straight to video are not very good  ::)

Psssssssssssst.... You should ask for your $9.99 back.....  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 5:27 pm

;D

I argee!  ;D

But whose are worse...

Stallone's, Van Damme's, or Seagal's?  ;D

The last like 3 Seagal movies went right to video and they were ALL really bad movies.  Van Damme has had a few good ones like 'Derailed'.  That wasn't too bad

Psssssssssssst.... You should ask for your $9.99 back.....  ;D

That ship has long sailed.  I ended up selling the VHS for $3 to a pawn shop.  Jokes on them though.  The tape inside got chewed up by my VCR, but I didn't tell them that ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/05 at 5:31 pm

Even your VCR hated the movie!  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 5:33 pm

Even your VCR hated the movie!  ;D

I only wish my VCR could have advised me against buying the movie in the first place  ;D

Damn JVC VCR's.  They're not good for anything  >:(  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/05 at 5:42 pm

Could have been worse... could have been Betamax!  ;D  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/05 at 5:47 pm

Could have been worse... could have been Betamax!  ;D  ::)

Actually betamax would have been better.  Those tapes are easier to smash  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/29/05 at 6:17 pm

Actually betamax would have been better.  Those tapes are easier to smash  ;D

;D

Written By: gord on 10/29/05 at 9:35 pm

Driven was really bad, shame because he got alot of access to the CART series, parts of it were shot in Toronto during the Molson Indy and most of the drivers had cameos in it. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 1:57 pm

Lemme guess...it's gonna be Rambo goes to Iraq.  I'll wager the film comes out just after we've abandoned the Iraqi venture as utter futility and lost thousands more American lives...with a few Americans held in captivity somewhere in the desert.
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:51 pm

It sounds just like the plot to Rambo III.....  ::)  :o  ;D  Except it's set somewhere else!  ;D

Written By: jlp937 on 10/31/05 at 12:18 am

Actually I think news of Rambo IV came out before the Rocky VI did!  I don't think he should do Rocky IV becuase he will mess up his new plastic face!!

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 12:22 am

What they should do is save time and money by combining the two and creating Rockbo.  In Rockbo, Rocky Balboa and John Rambo discover they are identical twins separated at birth.  Now reunited, the pair travel to Iraq to help fight in the war

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/31/05 at 1:46 am

RAMBO V
Back in Time...
Rambo vs. Rimbaud
A sissy French poet has kidnapped the name of a
true American Hero...and he's out for vengeance!

http://litterature.canalblog.com/rimbaud.jpg

Written By: Hairspray on 10/31/05 at 11:11 am

He doesn't even look right anymore; too much plastic surgery.  What is it with celebrities and their fear of aging?

I think both of these movies are a bad idea.  Rocky V should have never been made.  It sucked rocks!  And I like many Stallone movies.  Cop Land was severely underrated.  But yeah, his time has passed, IMHO.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 12:33 pm

No.... see his "Oscar Award Winning â„¢ " performance in Spy Kids 3-D, then you know he's time is over!!!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 12:38 pm

RAMBO V
Back in Time...
Rambo vs. Rimbaud
A sissy French poet has kidnapped the name of a
true American Hero...and he's out for vengeance!

http://litterature.canalblog.com/rimbaud.jpg

The first was for himself. The second for his country. The third to save his friend. This time it's against a poet....

NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!!!

Eat shrapnel,  Rimbaud!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 12:48 pm

Or how about....

ROCKY VI: ROCKY VS. BULLWINKLE !!!!

;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 9:02 pm

Or how about....

;D

Moose and Squirrel?  I smell Oscar  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/31/05 at 9:06 pm

Or how about....

;D

Uh, see the "Rocky" thread.

I remember at the height of Rambo-mania in the mid '80s tthere were several babies given the name Rambo.  I remember one couple, standing in front of their rebel flag bedecked monster truck, proudly holding aloft their baby Rambo swaddled in camouflage!
I thought, "This does not augur well!"  I mean, not literally, 'coz I didn't know what the word "augur" meant.  
I also remember some photos of the Jonesboro school shooters dressed in Rambo costumes as little tykes.  CREEPY!

Another funny thing I remember is the Rambo war toy manufacturers approaching Stallone with their franchise products hoping for a personal endorsement.  All they got was a tongue-lashing from Sly.  He indignantly scolded them for promoting violence to children and swore he'd never let his kid play with those toys, over his dead body.  
OK, Sly, but you're the one who...I mean, you developed the Rambo character to manipulate American resentment over Vietnam, but now you don't...now you won't...Sly, are you a hypocrite or something?  Oh, wait, wait, I'm sorry I said that, I didn't mean it, honest, Mr. Stallone!
:D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/31/05 at 9:58 pm

I had a couple of Rambo figures a kid, once....  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 10:00 pm

I had a few of the Rambo figures.  I even had the Rambo NES game  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...