inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dumb move,dad(parent punches referee at high school sporting event!)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/29/05 at 7:26 pm

Are parents losing their minds about silly stuff these days or what...http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20051028112709990011&ncid=NWS00010000000001 Thank god not all parents are like this fool. What a great example to set for the kids...NOT!

Subject: Re: Dumb move,dad(parent punches referee at high school sporting event!)

Written By: Morton on 10/30/05 at 8:42 am

And then people wonder why kids today are getting more unruly... it's no surprise with people like him setting examples

Subject: Re: Dumb move,dad(parent punches referee at high school sporting event!)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/30/05 at 1:44 pm

What's worse is the referee that got punched is a POLICEMAN. And that policeman,whose jaw got broken,IS PRESSING CHARGES on the dim bulb dad. Good! That dad probably has an anger problem and maybe jail time will give the fool time to think about his actions.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 1:53 pm

Sportsmanship: "It's not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game," has degenerated to "it's not whether you win or lose...it's whether you win!"
I trace this directly back to the 1980s when Wall Street and Big Business were pushed by the Reagan Administration as the model to follow for ALL endeavors in life.

Don't pick fights with the bullies or the cads, 'coz I'm not much cop at punching other people's dads...
--David Bowie
"Kooks"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:51 pm

He's a ****ass.....  ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/30/05 at 5:42 pm

What makes me absolutely sick is that parents are teaching their kids that they have to win at all costs...and taking the fun out of playing sports away from their kids!

I was on the track and field team at high school..thank God I did not have to put up with family pushing me to win. I did it because I loved track and field. And I still do(I watch the sport when the Summer Olympics are on TV!)

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/05 at 6:54 pm

It's parents like these that ruin the games for their kids.  They need to realize it's not about winning, but having fun

Check for new replies or respond here...