inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cartoon Network "jumps" even further like MTV did in the mid 1990's...

Written By: woops on 10/30/05 at 3:08 am

No more Looney Tunes  & classic Hanna Barbera cartoons in rotation,  lame current cartoons , and  , the only good thing on that network is "Adult Swim"...

Now they're planning to show live action movies in November like "Goonies" and the dreadful "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves"  :P

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", that's a combination of live action/animation, but "The Goonies", better off on another network like TBS.

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=153186

Subject: Re: Cartoon Network "jumps" even further like MTV did in the mid 1990's...

Written By: Morton on 10/30/05 at 8:43 am

...and so begins the downfall of Cartoon Network...

Subject: Re: Cartoon Network "jumps" even further like MTV did in the mid 1990's...

Written By: Skippy on 10/30/05 at 1:59 pm

Let's get all the enjoyment possible from "Tom & Jerry" while it's still on. I know I'm supposedly too old to be watching 'toons, but hey I appreciate the work that goes into a good ol' hand drawn background and characters.
I hate anime. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 1:59 pm

The future of Adult Swim is quetionable.  That new squid-hillbilly cartoon is soooo dumb I couldn't even watch a fulll episode, and if I see anymore stupid anime c-r-a-p I'll upchuck!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 2:01 pm

I feel the same way about Comedy Central.  There's 100 years of brilliant comedy on film, and look at the stupid assinine rubbish they show 90% of the time!
But that's for another thread...

I'm glad Skippy's with me on anime.

Written By: holtskee on 10/31/05 at 2:25 am

I guess Cartoon Network is to the point that we can now remember the "good old days" of it.

Just like MTV...

and Nickelodeon...

and Disney Channel...

and VH1...

;)

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/31/05 at 10:50 pm

The future of Adult Swim is quetionable.  That new squid-hillbilly cartoon is soooo dumb I couldn't even watch a fulll episode, and if I see anymore stupid anime c-r-a-p I'll upchuck!

did you see 12 ounce mouse?  Either its a cartoon that was created by Salvador Dali...or a bunch of high cartoonists.....

Check for new replies or respond here...