inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: my humps

Written By: lastofthefamous on 10/31/05 at 6:33 am

so what do you think of the new black eyed peas song " my humps"???..... normally i hate this kind of music but i love this song!

Subject: Re: my humps

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 8:48 am

phew. this thread's not about what i was expecting at all.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/31/05 at 10:47 am

I didn't expect this to be about this either.  I was more along the lines of.

Ok man, who would you rather have  Roseanne on a drunk night or mimi from Drew Carey on a stoned night.

Written By: whistledog on 10/31/05 at 9:04 pm

It's an OK song, but I'm a little disappointed this thread wasn't about what I was thinking when i saw the title  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/31/05 at 9:11 pm

WOT HUMP?

http://members.aon.at/frankenstein/images/feldman.jpg

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/01/05 at 6:31 am

I didn't expect this to be about this either.  I was more along the lines of.

Ok man, who would you rather have  Roseanne on a drunk night or mimi from Drew Carey on a stoned night.

well sorry i dissapointed you guys.... but ummm... ah hell roseanne!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/01/05 at 1:04 pm

This song gives me a "Wtf?" expression every time I have the misfortune of hearing it.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/01/05 at 1:54 pm

I really don't care at all for the song

I think "Don't Lie" is more catchy and listenable

Written By: Powerslave on 11/01/05 at 3:59 pm

I honestly don't mind a lot of BEP's stuff, but this song just sounds like a million other urban/rap/hip-hop radio fodder songs.

Written By: woops on 11/01/05 at 10:40 pm

BEP's songs are so & so, though I like "Where's The Love" and "Don't Phunk With My Heart"

As for "My Humps", it's like  a rejected "Weird Al" parody with a lame video

Written By: zcrito on 11/02/05 at 12:03 am

Well, "Let's Get It Started" from 2003/2004, wasn't half-bad (the "started" version not the "retarded" one, mind you), but it seems "The Peas" are really milkin' whatever limited talent they have for all it's worth. Good luck to 'em.

As for the "humpty" song, it has got to be the worst thing I've heard in quite some time. In a long time. Seriously.

I saw the video a couple of weeks ago and had to change channels. Stupid song. Stupid video.

(And I'm not saying I hate it just to annoy you LOTF)

:(

Written By: nally on 11/02/05 at 12:09 am

I, too, was a little misled when I saw the title of this thread!! :o

No, I have not heard their new single yet. I don't really care for their music in general, but "Don't Phunk With My Heart" is so-so; "Where Is The Love" is not too bad, and I don't mind "Don't Lie" cuz it seems to have a rather catchy beat. that's my opinon.

Written By: bbigd04 on 11/02/05 at 12:17 am

Don't Lie is the better song, but My Humps is more popular, figures. When I first heard My Humps, I thought it was just some dumb novelty filler song they threw in there, guess I was wrong it's no. 2 or something on the Hot 100, top selling on iTunes, most watched video on Yahoo!. I listen to it occasionally, I pretty much listen to all the new pop songs. I've seen the video as well, it's even dumber than the song. I think a lot of people like it just because it is so dumb, lol.

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/02/05 at 6:32 am

Well, "Let's Get It Started" from 2003/2004, wasn't half-bad (the "started" version not the "retarded" one, mind you), but it seems "The Peas" are really milkin' whatever limited talent they have for all it's worth. Good luck to 'em.

As for the "humpty" song, it has got to be the worst thing I've heard in quite some time. In a long time. Seriously.

I saw the video a couple of weeks ago and had to change channels. Stupid song. Stupid video.

(And I'm not saying I hate it just to annoy you LOTF)

it doesn't annoy me that ppl hate this song. the first time i heard it i thought it was ridiculous and then after the millionth time i heard it i was like it's not that bad. i mean there are worse songs out right now.

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 6:42 am

"
it doesn't annoy me that ppl hate this song. the first time i heard it i thought it was ridiculous and then after the millionth time i heard it i was like it's not that bad. i mean there are worse songs out right now. "

i think the million-times hearing it might be the thing. i had this job in college where i was working in a warehouse with a bunch of folks who were into this new R&B/soul music and a lot of it was pretty bad to me (there were some exceptions, i was sorta into SWV and that "don't go chasing waterfalls" song but, as is almost always the case with any random pop music, most of it was fingers on a blackboard to me). but after a few months of hearing it i started to like it, and by the end i'd bought a buncha albums on cassette and singles and such. now, ten years later, i found a bunch of these tapes and threw em in and they sound abhorrent to me again.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/02/05 at 1:34 pm

I can't stand the song because it doesent even have a beat or rhythm that you can actually "feel" and want to dance to or bob your head to or something

I hate songs like that.  It's just words and a crappy beat

Written By: zcrito on 11/02/05 at 1:40 pm

"
it doesn't annoy me that ppl hate this song. the first time i heard it i thought it was ridiculous and then after the millionth time i heard it i was like it's not that bad. i mean there are worse songs out right now. "

i think the million-times hearing it might be the thing. i had this job in college where i was working in a warehouse with a bunch of folks who were into this new R&B/soul music and a lot of it was pretty bad to me (there were some exceptions, i was sorta into SWV and that "don't go chasing waterfalls" song but, as is almost always the case with any random pop music, most of it was fingers on a blackboard to me). but after a few months of hearing it i started to like it, and by the end i'd bought a buncha albums on cassette and singles and such. now, ten years later, i found a bunch of these tapes and threw em in and they sound abhorrent to me again.

If you're talking about the last 10 years with R&B/soul music then it hasn't been as good as the pre-1995 years. Something happened in the late '90s with that music.

And there have been songs I disliked the first couple of times I heard them and I went  on to like them but the "humps" song isn't going to be one of them for me.

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 2:18 pm

great NAME for a song, i'll definitely give it that. every song i've ever heard would rock just a little more if it was called "my humps."

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/02/05 at 10:00 pm

the song is pretty unoriginal. it's trying too hard to be like Kelis's Milkshake and Ciara's Goodies, but it's not as convincing. The other two were smart about what they had to offer. They weren't just giving them away like Fergie is.

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/03/05 at 6:20 am

great NAME for a song, i'll definitely give it that. every song i've ever heard would rock just a little more if it was called "my humps."

i must agree

Written By: Bobby on 11/04/05 at 6:22 am

I enjoyed the video moreso than the song.  ;D

Written By: schmartypantz on 11/13/05 at 2:03 pm

I haven't seen the video, but I reall hate that song. It's just annoying tp me.
I do like other Peas songs tho.

Written By: woops on 11/13/05 at 6:54 pm

The video is really cheesy and lame, especially for a current hip hop video.

The song sounds a bit like that  Tom Green song  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 9:00 pm

I like their other songs...but somehow a song that uses the term "lady lumps" loses some popularity in my opinion!

Erin :)

Written By: nondiva234 on 11/14/05 at 12:14 am

Sorry to be the only one who likes this song...I love it! So addicting!

Written By: lastofthefamous on 11/16/05 at 6:19 am

Sorry to be the only one who likes this song...I love it! So addicting!
you aren't the only one!!!  ;)

Written By: Schillingfan on 11/16/05 at 11:20 pm

This song gives me a "Wtf?" expression every time I have the misfortune of hearing it.

me too!

Written By: Stompgal on 11/18/05 at 11:30 am

I like My Humps. It's not as good as Don't Lie, but it's quite catchy though.

Written By: aznbabiie1432 on 11/19/05 at 10:57 pm

this sonq drives me nuts! ii cant stand it

Written By: Apricot on 11/20/05 at 6:45 pm

The Black-Eyed Peas severely disappointed me with this whole album Monkey Business. Some of their old stuff was listenable, even enjoyable.. these are just terrible songs, and no one will stop singing them.

This is probably the worst of them, too.

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/05 at 1:51 pm

so what do you think of the new black eyed peas song " my humps"???..... normally i hate this kind of music but i love this song!

Personally, I think if someone has to ask what this song means then they are either too young... or  ;) too old  ;D to listen it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/05 at 1:55 pm

I am still trying to figure out which song is more overrated, My Humps or Hollaback Back.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 1:55 pm

I am still trying to figure out which song is more overrated, My Humps or Hollaback Back.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/05 at 1:56 pm

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...