inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Customers get REVENGE for bad customer services!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/03/05 at 8:52 pm

I found this on AOL.....http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20051102210709990007&ncid=NWS00010000000001

I would really LOVE to get back at Comcast Cable and Verizon for
High prices
as well as
CRAPPY service....
Too bad I can't do it without it being illegal!!

Subject: Re: Customers get REVENGE for bad customer services!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/03/05 at 8:55 pm

I won't do anything stupid, I promise....is anyone else fed up with stores, banks, utilities, supermarkets, gas stations, etc?

Written By: Skippy on 11/03/05 at 9:35 pm

If possible, I just won't bless them with my patronage in the future. I hear so many people complain about service or quality at and continue to go back replying "I can't pass up those prices". Well maybe those low, low prices are why their wares are so crappy, hmmmm, whadya think?
I do feel sorry for people at the mercy of public utilities who offer only sub-standard service. There is a certain phone service that comes to mind. I won't mention names, but they recently merged with a certain internet company that also isn't real great. There should some way to get either better service or a price equal to the service delivered when it comes to utilities.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/04/05 at 6:33 pm

There are some towns who have managed to get their own Cablevision and phone services for residents...so they have a smaller bill to pay than if they had Comcast or Verizon!

Written By: Skippy on 11/04/05 at 7:11 pm

There are some towns who have managed to get their own Cablevision and phone services for residents...so they have a smaller bill to pay than if they had Comcast or Verizon!

That sounds like a good idea. Cable service is franchised out, so if the community had enough subscribers that could work well. Basically, they cut out the middleman.

I'll consider myself lucky in that I own my own satellite system and can choose from a wide range of providers. I'm also not locked into receiving from only one satellite. At present I have 19 to choose from, with analog and digital channels. It's a small nuisance moving from one to another, but not too bad, and I did buy the system which means I pay for upgrades and repairs. I pay about $16.50/month for about 100 video channels, over 100 music channels and 100's of wild feed channels.

My internet service is local and they have their own servers. They update regularly, sending a notice if there's an interuption in service, and have great tech support. I connect at over 50kbs, and have DSL capability. I just need someone to make it available here in the boondocks.

Check for new replies or respond here...