inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite "New" Guns N Roses song

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/04/05 at 10:56 pm

:D

Subject: Re: Favorite "New" Guns N Roses song

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/05/05 at 1:48 pm

You mean the album has been released?  ::)  ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/05/05 at 9:50 pm

No, the album hasn't been released. But GNR performed these songs during the 2002 tour, and IRS was leaked on the internet earlier this year. All these songs are available online. You should listen to them and see what you think. I didnt include the song 'Silkworms' because it really sucked.

Written By: Icy on 11/06/05 at 2:25 pm

they're still making songs?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/07/05 at 2:27 am

Yep, they still are. Coming 'soon' to a record store near you!! :D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/08/05 at 10:58 pm

No one has heard any of these songs? :-[

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/05 at 11:04 pm

No one has heard any of these songs? :-[

I think it's a case of choosing to hear them  ;)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/08/05 at 11:06 pm

Can't say I'd go out of my way to hear anything from GnR, especially new stuff.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/10/05 at 9:47 am

What I'd like to know is, which of these will happen first: Guns N'Roses releases Chinese Democracy, or actual Chinese democracy?!?  ::)

Seriously though, are these new songs any good? Is it worth my time to download them? Although I can't say I have a very high opinion of Axl Rose, I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/11/05 at 10:39 pm

The best new songs are "The Blues", "Madagascar", and "Chinese Democracy". Download these songs and you'll like them. The best quality versions are from Boston, Tokyo, and Osaka concerts.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/12/05 at 12:10 pm

The best new songs are "The Blues", "Madagascar", and "Chinese Democracy". Download these songs and you'll like them. The best quality versions are from Boston, Tokyo, and Osaka concerts.
I went ahead and downloaded these songs, and I thought they were OK (out of these, I thought "Madagascar" was the best). However, I also found a track called "Dust In The Wind" (which to my surprise was not a cover of the Kansas song) which I liked a lot, especially the guitar solo. Do you know who was playing lead on that?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/12/05 at 8:59 pm

I went ahead and downloaded these songs, and I thought they were OK (out of these, I thought "Madagascar" was the best). However, I also found a track called "Dust In The Wind" (which to my surprise was not a cover of the Kansas song) which I liked a lot, especially the guitar solo. Do you know who was playing lead on that?
Slash plays lead on 'Dust in the Wind'. Its a song they played a couple of times on the Illusions tour in late 92-early 93. You didnt like The Blues? Thats definitely my favorite new song. It has potential to be a #1 hit. A great song about love and obsession. Kinda like an "anti-love song". 8)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/12/05 at 10:58 pm

Slash plays lead on 'Dust in the Wind'. Its a song they played a couple of times on the Illusions tour in late 92-early 93.

Shows how much I know.  ::)
You didnt like The Blues? Thats definitely my favorite new song. It has potential to be a #1 hit. A great song about love and obsession. Kinda like an "anti-love song". 8)
It was OK, maybe it was just that the sound quality wasn't the best (and it was the only one I could find).

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 12:08 am

I wonder if the new GnR will be a big success?  They've been out of the spotlight for so long, will people still like them?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/13/05 at 10:26 pm

New GNR will be huge! Studio versions of 'The Blues', 'Madagascar', and 'Chinese Democracy' will probably top the charts. There are other 'epics' that we haven't heard yet that are considered mindblowing according to people who have heard them. 'Catcher in the Rye' is supposed to be his tribute to John Lennon. 'Prostitute' is a hard rock song with orchestra. 'This I Love' is supposed to be the best song Axl has ever written, and is supposed to be similar in style to November Rain.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/13/05 at 10:31 pm

Can't wait.

When's it coming out?  ::)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/15/05 at 9:22 pm

When hell freezes over! ;D Seriously though, it is supposed to come out mid 2006. There's a rumor that GNR will have a song on The Da Vinci Code soundtrack, and its also rumored they will play the music festival Rock in Rio. Looks like we will finally get it next year. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...