inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need advice from anyone

Written By: racer on 11/07/05 at 9:27 am

Right now I'm going through a terrible break-up. The person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with ended things with me last week because school, work, and me were too much. We didn't end on bad terms, but it came out of nowhere. I don't know if once he graduates in December he'll come around.......or if by then he'll just be over me.   :(

Any words of wisdom and/or encouraging words for me?? How have you guys dealt with break-ups? Any songs that are good to listen to get over a broken heart?   :\'(

Subject: Re: Need advice from anyone

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/05 at 11:53 am

What Crazymom said.  Keep busy. Find a hobby, volunteer, etc. Also, ice cream helps.  ;D  Just keep telling yourself that you will get over this. I know it hurts now, but it will get better.

Cat

Written By: alyceclover on 11/07/05 at 12:18 pm

poor baby....when my daughter was in this situation I told her Now is the time to think of the bad times....like, remember how you hated when he picked his nose at the dinner table....kind of stuff

how long were you together?

What songs did you listen to before you knew him....those are the ones to listen to now, it will put you mentally back to a happy time....crying helps, so it's not really bad to listen to your special songs to help deal with the pain

I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor, Touch of Grey by Grateful Dead I Am Woman by Helen Reddy (you can bend, but never break me) that song from the movie South Pacific "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Head" Better Love Next Time by Dr Hook

sadly to say it could take years to get over the heartache...everyone heals at different speeds....rent some comedy movies too...even tho' it's probably real hard to concentrate and get over the shock right this minute, just hang in there....

best wishes as you travel this road :\'(

Written By: racer on 11/08/05 at 9:13 am

Thank you all for you great advice!!! Crazymom, I went ahead and drove it in my head to not think about him. As hard as it was, I try not to analyze the break-up or the relationship because that does nothing, but drive me crazy. Luckily I have a great support system with me. My friends have been great and every piece of wisdom helps. I'm doing so much better now. Don't get me wrong, I'm still extremely upset and sad about this, but the thing that is keeping me going is knowing that if he was the one, we'll be together again. If not, then...it just wasn't meant to be.  :(

We were only together for 7 months. But we both expressed to each other that this was the most intense relationship we've ever been in. He told me at one point that he's never felt this way for anyone so quickly. And he's been in 3 long term relationships. I mean, there were times we would "joke" about, when we buy a place or about kids or how I would be the one to stay home while he worked. I mean, I really thought it was going to last. I know right now he needs his space and maybe he'll come back once he graduates this December. And if not, then hopefully I'll be fully healed by then.

Thanks again for your kind words and taking the time to share some of your thoughts! I really, honestly appreciate it!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...