inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Song Is This?

Written By: Lara Spencer on 11/07/05 at 9:32 am

I just heard this song when I was on hold, and I recognize it, but I don't know the name of it, or who does it. 

The tune is mostly played by fingerpicked guitar, at least the part I heard, and the few words I was able to make out included the words "never goin' back again" (or something like that).  At another place words that sounded like "is that a wonder?" (rough guess) were interjected.  It sounded like it could have been maybe Fleetwood Mac, or some other group with both male and female singers. Since it was on Muzak and followed by Rod Stewart's "You're In My Heart, You're In My Soul", so it's defanately some mainstream pop tune.

Sorry for the lame explanation, wish I could hum the tune...

Subject: Re: What Song Is This?

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/07/05 at 2:11 pm

I just heard this song when I was on hold, and I recognize it, but I don't know the name of it, or who does it. 

The tune is mostly played by fingerpicked guitar, at least the part I heard, and the few words I was able to make out included the words "never goin' back again" (or something like that).  At another place words that sounded like "is that a wonder?" (rough guess) were interjected.  It sounded like it could have been maybe Fleetwood Mac, or some other group with both male and female singers. Since it was on Muzak and followed by Rod Stewart's "You're In My Heart, You're In My Soul", so it's defanately some mainstream pop tune.

Sorry for the lame explanation, wish I could hum the tune...

hi Lara..sounds like you're talking about 'Never Going Back Again' by Fleetwood Mac..you were bang on..i found a midi file for you to listen to to be sure:

http://www.freewebs.com/singkaraoke/pages/fleetwood_mac/never_going_back_again.html

Subject: That's It!

Written By: Lara Spencer on 11/07/05 at 11:21 pm

You're the best!

Written By: lara spencer on 11/07/05 at 11:23 pm

Geez, you look just like Jane Fonda.  You must get that all the time.

Written By: Tia on 11/07/05 at 11:25 pm

omg! i was trying to think of who she reminded me of...

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/07/05 at 11:25 pm

um..no..never actually  ;D

Subject: Re: That's It!

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/07/05 at 11:27 pm

You're the best!

happy to help  :)

Written By: Tia on 11/08/05 at 6:04 am

um..no..never actually  ;D

hmm. still trying to think of it then. in my defense, i only have sixteen colors on my computer so everyone looks a tad blurry.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...