inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tabloid Journalism!

Written By: Comcast Sux on 11/08/05 at 11:33 am

Muckraking Journalists Capitalising On People's Physical Insecruities!

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article325464.ece

Subject: Re: Tabloid Journalism!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/08/05 at 1:09 pm

Gee... What else is new?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/05 at 6:46 pm

Hmmm...."muckrakers" used to write withering attacks on social injustices ala Upton Sinclaire's "The Jungle."  In today's celebrity-driven media, if you don't have a chauffer-driven limo, you're a nobody, so I guess "social injustice" is the fact that you're jealous of how skinny Kate Hudson is.
This is totally mental!
:D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/08/05 at 7:04 pm

What I'd really like to know is, how did these tabloids and these stupid shows like Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood convince people that they should actually give a sh*t about how skinny or fat some bimbo actress is, or what they look like without makeup, or whether or not their tits are real? Can someone please explain to me why I am supposed to care about any of this?  Since I have almost zero interest in any of this BS, does that make me a bad American?

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/05 at 8:30 pm

Muckraking Journalists Capitalising On People's Physical Insecruities!

What else is new  ::)

Written By: Comcast Sux on 11/09/05 at 11:55 am

What I'd really like to know is, how did these tabloids and these stupid shows like Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood convince people that they should actually give a sh*t about how skinny or fat some bimbo actress is, or what they look like without makeup, or whether or not their tits are real? Can someone please explain to me why I am supposed to care about any of this?  Since I have almost zero interest in any of this BS, does that make me a bad American?

Who clicked on the link?  Hmmmmmm?    :P ::) ;) :D ;D :)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/09/05 at 8:43 pm

Who clicked on the link?  Hmmmmmm?    :P ::) ;) :D ;D :)
http://handiklap.home.comcast.net/kelso_burn.gif

:o :o :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/05 at 12:29 am

http://handiklap.home.comcast.net/kelso_burn.gif

:o :o :o

Now wait a minute, "Tabloid Journalism" is a genre spanning from politics to social issues to sports to Hollywood.  From its title this thread could be about thirty different things.  Kate Hudson was a disappointment.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/10/05 at 2:50 pm

I am surprised nobody else has commented in here on the latest bit of "Tabloid Journalism" to hit the news:

Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders Renee Thomas and Angela Keathley were arrested in a Tampa bar after getting in an altercation with another patron.  Apparently the patron objected to the two of them having lesbian sex in a bathroom stall in the bar.  Thomas was charged with false name and assault on a patron of the bar, in addition to "lewd and licivious activity" (the same thing Pee-Wee Herman was charged with).

And as a side note, they have been dismissed from the Panthers.  But their careers are not dead, because of the offer they are considering from Penthouse Magazine.  It seems that every "Men's Magazine" on the racks wants to feature the two in a nude spread.

Written By: Ophrah on 11/10/05 at 3:01 pm

I am surprised nobody else has commented in here on the latest bit of "Tabloid Journalism" to hit the news:

Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders Renee Thomas and Angela Keathley were arrested in a Tampa bar after getting in an altercation with another patron.  Apparently the patron objected to the two of them having lesbian sex in a bathroom stall in the bar.  Thomas was charged with false name and assault on a patron of the bar, in addition to "lewd and licivious activity" (the same thing Pee-Wee Herman was charged with).

And as a side note, they have been dismissed from the Panthers.  But their careers are not dead, because of the offer they are considering from Penthouse Magazine.  It seems that every "Men's Magazine" on the racks wants to feature the two in a nude spread.

Now, THAT's an important story!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/05 at 6:34 pm

I would've only objected...if they didn't let me watch!
:P :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...