inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PSYCHICS ..were/are they a crock??

Written By: PETER on 11/13/05 at 8:45 pm

Have you noticed we have NO official so-called  'psychic' spokesperson we turn to anymore as we did in the 70's when Jeanne Dixon seemed to appear on tv and make her annual predictions?

Did we finally realize how NAIVE we were eating it up?

If things can be SO 'psychicly' predicted, why hasn't one come up to the plate and been recognized 'officially'?

Must NOT be so real afterall....

Sylvia Browne you say?..Heard her on a talk show sate Bin Laden is DEAD... Another person who claimed to be able to predict/read things said they saw him INJURED..Someone has it covered..

The word is out how a magician "the Amazing Randi' has challenged someone to prove they have psychic abilities in a test..for $1 million..uh...NO ONE HAS WON or proven it... what else is there to say? 

Subject: Re: PSYCHICS ..were/are they a crock??

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 8:48 pm

Sylvia Browne is forever on the Montel Show...he always has her as a guest..nearly every week.

Erin :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 8:50 pm

Psychics are a crock

Take Miss Cleo for instance.  If she's such a good psychic, how come she couldn't predict that she'd be off the air?  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 8:53 pm

Psychics are a crock

Take Miss Cleo for instance.  If she's such a good psychic, how come she couldn't predict that she'd be off the air?  ;D

for the most part I think they are...like the cheesy television ones who want your money...etc...however, there are some that actually help solve mysteries. I had a spanish professor in college who was a psychic...she would travel all over the world, helping solve murder mysteries....and she was even on "Unsolved Mysteries".

Written By: ADH13 on 11/13/05 at 9:02 pm

I agree that if there were really psychics, they would be filthy rich because they would know what teams to bet on, what number to pick on the roulette wheel, which stocks were going to rise and when, etc.

Although once in awhile I will get a gut feeling about something really odd... and then it really happens.  Is that some sort of psychic?  I don't know, but I think it's happened to all of us.  Or you think about someone you haven't heard from in months and then all of a sudden the phone rings, and it's them.

I suppose it's possible that people can be psychic every now and then... but I don't think anyone can be psychic on demand... as in, for money.

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 9:39 pm

for the most part I think they are...like the cheesy television ones who want your money...etc...however, there are some that actually help solve mysteries. I had a spanish professor in college who was a psychic...she would travel all over the world, helping solve murder mysteries....and she was even on "Unsolved Mysteries".

That's kinda like that one that Patricia Arquette plays on TV on the show 'Medium'

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/05 at 10:24 pm

That's kinda like that one that Patricia Arquette plays on TV on the show 'Medium'

yes...exactly.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/05 at 12:23 am

I'm a skeptic.  I don't say there's no such thing as psychism, but hard proof is wanting.  I wouldn't recommend paying money to anybody who describes himself/herself as a "psychic."

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/14/05 at 8:52 am

I've always wanted to ask one of these phony psychics: If you really have the ability to see into the future, then why didn't you try and stop the 9/11 attacks?  ???

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/14/05 at 10:19 am

After many years of having an interest and curiosity about the whole psychic thing, I have come to the following conclusions:  No one can predict the future - there's too many variables - Some people are really good at reading body language (throw back to before we communicated verbally?) and can turn that into $$$ - Most Psychics blow smoke up your ass for money - identify your problems and tell you how everything is going to be great.  If there is life after death, those who have passed over must forget everybody they knew or why wouldn't they stick around to help?  Sylvia Browne is a crock......

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/05 at 5:29 pm

Predicting the future could never work anyway.  Sometimes things just happen the way they do, and if you knew exactly how your future would look, it might not happen the way it was predicted

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/05 at 10:20 pm

I've always wanted to ask one of these phony psychics: If you really have the ability to see into the future, then why didn't you try and stop the 9/11 attacks?

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 10:38 pm

For those interested and who could relate, Yes, I too had hunches etc.. not on a regular basis because I was jokingly told, someone would come to my door if I predicted something outrageous and it came true.. I do have it documented..on  cassette recording.. a radio show which took predictions one per person each New Year before anything goes down, I had predicted one year a swarm of aircraft would have trouble and within 3 months, watching Brokaw on the evening news..He opened with the story of how at that time FAA was seeing an extrodinary amount of aircraft having troubles..(I documented that on air-playing back my call-which luckily I taped).

A second eerie thing, one year, same predicting show, I saw 4 celebrities in an accident while on vacation or maybe it would be 2 celebrities and their friends they took with them etc.. Come August..Prince Diane had the car accident with her other celeb friend, body guard and driver 2 celebs and 2 others!

For this I was told, if I had named Diana, I would be in a lab now with wires in my head!
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
:o :o :o :o :o

Check for new replies or respond here...