inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatever happened to : EDWARD FURLONG?

Written By: guest on 11/13/05 at 10:07 pm

I've read various chat sites and updates on actors but this one eludes me as to 1)his official site hasn't been UPDATED since 2002 or more...2)If he has a FAN club that is to be informed on their idol, we haven't heard anything of him in ages since last years arrest for believing the fools at PETA 3) His info on the imdb states he's done about 4 movies alone recently..we haven't seen a one..WHAT? Are these HOME movies? 

Guess he became a 1(?) HIT wonder?

Subject: Re: Whatever happened to : EDWARD FURLONG?

Written By: TarzSp on 11/13/05 at 11:16 pm

Last I heard, he was at a Grocery store near where my grandparents live and he took all of the Lobsters out of a "Lobster Aquarium" and threw them all over the store.  He got arrested for it and his Mugshot is on "The Smoking Gun"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/furlongmug1.jpg

Here is the story on his arrest

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/furlongmug1.html

Written By: guest on 11/13/05 at 11:24 pm

Was aware of it being on a movie shoot and apparently he got drunk etc.. as he supports PETA...but that's not much since then...hopefully he's come to his senses but isn't there ANY news like appearing at a b'day party for P Hilton or someone in the news or is he just an OUTSIDER now?

Can't even recall him doing TV appearances etc..maybe proof that you can still survive and NOT have any press??

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/14/05 at 7:36 am

I hope he doesn't become a "has been", but if the last couple years are any indicator, he will be.

I liked him in Detroit Rock City and thought he fit in really well with the "retro 70's cool" look. In fact, he wouldn't have been out of place as a castmember on That 70's Show, IMO.

Written By: Eddie on 11/14/05 at 3:04 pm

He is divorced, and conducting acting workshops for at-risk youth in Los Angeles.

Written By: PETER on 11/14/05 at 3:20 pm

Well, hope it is doing well..maybe one day we'll hear how an at-risk youth thanks Eddie for teaching him..

Also..you think it was part of his sentencing to perform this service? Wondering ???

Written By: Eddie on 11/14/05 at 3:25 pm

I don't know.  I made it up, but it's possible.

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 4:00 pm

My guess after reading that was..HE teaching ACTING????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: TarzSp on 11/14/05 at 5:37 pm

Looks like Edward proves us all wrong afterall!  I just had a look at his IMDb Profile, and he is currently doing 6 Movies! (He also had 3 come out this year).  He even played "The Crow" in the new "Crow" Sequel

Check it out, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000411/

Written By: Harmonica on 11/14/05 at 8:39 pm

Looks like Edward proves us all wrong afterall!

Written By: guest on 11/14/05 at 8:42 pm

I originally thought he had quite a few movies but thought maybe they were for his HOME use... ;D

Okay, 6 BUT WHERE ARE THEY /WILL THEY ACTUALLY PLAY IN A GOOD THEATER? Not like people are rushing to see it in droves...
It is just weird how such a former (BIG?) actor is quietly doing something that should be promoted..but THE CROW, I remember when I think Corey Feldman was in one of those?

Come on Eddie, do good..hope you've grown in your craft..and staying away from the 'kid' star scandals.. but then again -
remember when he went to drug rehab in Malibu (dropped a load of $$) then seemed to still be messin wid the dope? :-\\

Written By: TarzSp on 11/14/05 at 9:59 pm

I'm not saying one way or the other but realize that IMDB.com is not ever 100% accurate, they have errors up the wazoo.

secondly I have a feeling that Eddie Furlong is going to be a lot like Cory Feldman, he'll make his comeback.  After American History X and his outstanding performance as supporting actor to Edward Norton he should have gone to the top from there, but life along with the master of it works in other ways.

First off, IMDb is very accurate, and secondly, the movies that are listed that he has done are all in "Post-Production", meaning that the Cast List is confirmed

I don't know where you get your info from...

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 10:11 pm

I remembered some news about a movie Ray M. from the "DOORS' used him in..last I heard I haven't heard anything other than nice try but the DOORS fans thought RAY was having problems keeping his career together and pulling at strings to get attention..Uh great Eddie...nice movie to get wrapped up in..

Anyone else want to see another DOORS movie? 

Another not seen much kid star is Lukas Haas..liked Johns for what it's worth but he's a different character now and last I heard,HIS buddy Leo DiC is giving him a movie to star in, about a college student or dropout..more later as it develops.... 

Written By: TarzSp on 11/14/05 at 10:16 pm

I remembered some news about a movie Ray M. from the "DOORS' used him in..last I heard I haven't heard anything other than nice try but the DOORS fans thought RAY was having problems keeping his career together and pulling at strings to get attention..Uh great Eddie...nice movie to get wrapped up in..

Anyone else want to see another DOORS movie? 

Another not seen much kid star is Lukas Haas..liked Johns for what it's worth but he's a different character now and last I heard,HIS buddy Leo DiC is giving him a movie to star in, about a college student or dropout..more later as it develops.... 

I HATE that guy  >:(

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 10:39 pm

You didn't like the cute little innocent kid from WITNESS??

awwwww...

Don't really think he ever did any rotten movies??

Written By: TarzSp on 11/14/05 at 10:53 pm

You didn't like the cute little innocent kid from WITNESS??

awwwww...

Don't really think he ever did any rotten movies??

No, he's a nerdy looking idiot today.  He was in that movie "Last Days" (Which is supposed to be inspired about Kurt Cobain) and he was horrible in it

Plus, he dated Natalie  :P

I just don't like him

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 12:33 am

First off, IMDb is very accurate, and secondly, the movies that are listed that he has done are all in "Post-Production", meaning that the Cast List is confirmed

I don't know where you get your info from...

You are such a little know it all you know that?  I've proven IMDB wrong on 5 occasions, and if I can do it 5 times I'm sure other people can do it 5 times too, and if you get 10 people, that makes 50 people right there.  That's a lot of error.

Donald Pleasence according to IMDB.com was to be in Halloween H20, after he had already died.  Tell me, how is this possible?

Alex Vincent according to IMDB.com turned down a role to play Andy Barclay in a new script for a sequel to child's play,  when Don Mancini himself came out and said after Bride of Chucky's release that he had no intentions of bringing back Andy Barclay nor had anyone gotten in contact of Alex Vincent or Justin Whalen. He wanted a fresh new idea and Andy Barclay's character was not a part of it.

Scott Steiner who's real name is Scott Rechsteiner according to IMDB.com was listed as a NCAA Division I Wrestling Champion.  Since when was 6th place a national title?

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 1:11 am

You are such a little know it all you know that?  I've proven IMDB wrong on 5 occasions, and if I can do it 5 times I'm sure other people can do it 5 times too, and if you get 10 people, that makes 50 people right there.  That's a lot of error.

Donald Pleasence according to IMDB.com was to be in Halloween H20, after he had already died.  Tell me, how is this possible?

Alex Vincent according to IMDB.com turned down a role to play Andy Barclay in a new script for a sequel to child's play,  when Don Mancini himself came out and said after Bride of Chucky's release that he had no intentions of bringing back Andy Barclay nor had anyone gotten in contact of Alex Vincent or Justin Whalen. He wanted a fresh new idea and Andy Barclay's character was not a part of it.

Scott Steiner who's real name is Scott Rechsteiner according to IMDB.com was listed as a NCAA Division I Wrestling Champion.  Since when was 6th place a national title?

First off, every single one of those, you got from the "Mini Biography" and "Trivia" sections on IMDb

It's the users on IMDb.com who submit stuff to IMDb to put in the Mini Biographies and Trivia sections, not IMDb itself.  You or me could submit something for them to stick in the Mini Biographies or trivia sections of a movie or actor

IMDb is always accurate on anything that THEY edit and do themselves (Filmography, Cast, etc..).  They aren't the ones putting stuff in the Mini Biography or Trivia section

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 2:44 pm

First off, every single one of those, you got from the "Mini Biography" and "Trivia" sections on IMDb

It's the users on IMDb.com who submit stuff to IMDb to put in the Mini Biographies and Trivia sections, not IMDb itself.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 3:25 pm

Halloween H20

Cast

Donald Pleasence    Dr. Sam Loomis

HA!

Taken from IMDb.com

Donald Pleasance

Miscellaneous Crew - filmography

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) (in memory of) (as Donald Pleasance)

HA!

Oh, btw, here is the link to the "Halloween H20" Page on IMDb.com, and nowhere on there does it have Donald Pleasance listed in the cast, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120694/fullcredits

The only place it lists him as being in "H20" is on his own Filmography Page, but if you bothered to even look, you would have noticed that it was under the "Miscellaneous Crew" section and it said "IN MEMORY OF" beside his name, because if you watched the movie, you would have seen the part where it said "IN MEMORY OF DONALD PLEASANCE"

HA!

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 4:26 pm

Taken from IMDb.com

HA!

Oh, btw, here is the link to the "Halloween H20" Page on IMDb.com, and nowhere on there does it have Donald Pleasance listed in the cast, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120694/fullcredits

The only place it lists him as being in "H20" is on his own Filmography Page, but if you bothered to even look, you would have noticed that it was under the "Miscellaneous Crew" section and it said "IN MEMORY OF" beside his name, because if you watched the movie, you would have seen the part where it said "IN MEMORY OF DONALD PLEASANCE"

HA!

Do you know why your able to find that?  Because me and about 100 members of ohmb.net  wrote to imdb.com and asked them to please change it.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 4:51 pm

Do you know why your able to find that?  Because me and about 100 members of ohmb.net  wrote to imdb.com and asked them to please change it.

;D Well since you have no proof of that, it means squat to me

Plus, you're still going on about Donald Pleasance as if him being listed in H20 suddenly means that IMDb screws up on everything.  I guess anytime IMDb has someone listed in a movie, we shoulden't ever take it seriously?  I guess I should refuse to believe then that Edward Furlong is doing ANY movies at all, let alone 6 of them  ;D

I know how badly you want to win this argument (Even though I keep proving you wrong countless times and then you retort with something like "Oh, well, uhh...I E-mailed them and asked them to change it")

Go ahead, declare yourself the winner if it's what you want, see if I care  ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 6:29 pm

;D Well since you have no proof of that, it means squat to me

Plus, you're still going on about Donald Pleasance as if him being listed in H20 suddenly means that IMDb screws up on everything.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 6:33 pm

I'll put you in your place. I'll find another error on your flawless imdb.com and we'll see who has the last laugh.  Thanks, putting someone where they belong is always a special treat.

Go ahead, but you're obviously wasting your time. The argument here was whether or not Edward Furlong is really doing 6 Movies or not, and you for some reason refuse to believe it

The point in the long run isn't whether IMDb makes errors or not, but whether Edward Furlong's Filmography is correct.  Why don't you e-mail IMDb and ask them for some conformation on Furlong's Filmography

That should save some time

Also, by your logic, no website is Accurate at all.  IMDb happens to be the Most visted website among Movie/Celebrity related websites on the Internet, and it's like the #2 or 3 most visted Website on the entire internet.  It's not called the "Internet Movie Database" for nothing, you know

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 6:47 pm

Actually, I just proved you wrong.  I just now looked at an Archived version of the "Halloween H20" and the "Donald Pleasance" pages on IMDb.com from December 2004.  Here are the links to compare

Donald Pleasance IMDb.com Page (Current) - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000587/
Donald Pleasance IMDb.com Page (December 2004) - http://web.archive.org/web/20041112092602/http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000587/

Halloween H20 IMDb.com Page (Current) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120694/
Halloween H20 IMDb.com Page (December 2004) - http://web.archive.org/web/20041129023137/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120694/

Hmm...No Donald Pleasance anywhere on the H20 Page and no "Halloween H20" listed under Actor-Filmography for Donald Pleasance.  It's still listed under "Miscellaneous Crew - filmography" and IN MEMORY OF

Looks like you've been caught in a lie  ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 11/15/05 at 11:44 pm

Actually, I just proved you wrong.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/16/05 at 12:10 am

I haven't been caught in jack sheesh other than a time limit problem. They changed it, same way you change your answer on a test while looking over at the smart girl's paper, last second before the teacher collects the paper.

All in good time and I never once said I didn't believe what they had to say about Eddie Furlong, my point was pointing out that they are not 100% or even close to it accurate.

All in good time.

;D Yeah, Sure, Whatever  ;D

You'll go to no stops to win an argument, won't you? (even if you have to *cough*Lie*cough*)

Ok, so they put up the "Halloween H20" page on IMDb back in 1998, so he wasn't even on the Cast list from August 1998 untill December 2004, and you're trying to tell me that sometime between January 2005 and November 2005, they decided to just randomly place Donald Pleasance in the Cast list for no reason at all?  Especially after he was absent from the Cast list for 7 years?

Boy, you drive a hard bargain  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...