inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How To Become More Positive!

Written By: Student on 11/14/05 at 3:35 pm

I am feeling very depressed about humankind in general and I want to do something to improve my outlook.

Subject: Re: How To Become More Positive!

Written By: saver on 11/14/05 at 3:53 pm

As it must've been said when many ages went through battles and tough times, CHANGE what you can and others will do the rest...

Great that your life is doing good, you can't change the world in a day and if you'd like to make a change start in your own back yard...campaign to have trees planted for beautifying the area or if you mean making the world a better place in whole..pick an area that makes you want to help change and the rest will follow..

Imagine how when the world lived in battle and armies attacked castles with swords and battering rams..eventual the GUN was invented! :-\\ 

Just figure out what you want to change then go for it...THAT'S where you'll feel better.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/14/05 at 3:59 pm

Unless you are seriously depressed what you have to do is stay away from people who are negative,
don't listen to sad songs, and never say "I can't" even when you think it.  If you think "I can't" add "but I'll
try"  If you want a positive outlook of the world, look at what everyday people do everyday.  You are
probably focusing on the bad stuff and missing the everyday good stuff.  It helps to if you do something
simple everyday, like help someone to cross the street, it isn't much, but helping someone out and getting
a thanks makes you feel better, wierd cliche, but it is true.

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/14/05 at 4:06 pm

Count your blessings, when you see someone homeless, or in a wheelchair, make note and be thankful that you are not not.

Written By: Student on 11/14/05 at 9:47 pm

Thank you for your positive answers.  I think it is right that I need to focus on positive things and positive energy.  I think unfortunately, that means I should stop coming to this sight.  You all are nice, but there is too much negative stuff here, especially the politics messages, and network news and certain magazines and newspapers, etc., , and it makes me want to give up on people being able to get along.  I think I should concentrate on having positive 'real' interactions with my friends.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/05 at 9:55 pm

you can't escape negative things in life...and as for this messageboard...the people here (in the political areas) like to debate..that's what it is all about. There will always be someone who disagrees with your way of thinking, etc...you can't escape it.

Erin :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/15/05 at 6:54 am

Thank you for your positive answers.  I think it is right that I need to focus on positive things and positive energy.  I think unfortunately, that means I should stop coming to this sight.  You all are nice, but there is too much negative stuff here, especially the politics messages, and network news and certain magazines and newspapers, etc., , and it makes me want to give up on people being able to get along.  I think I should concentrate on having positive 'real' interactions with my friends.  :)

Perhaps you mistake debate and disagreements for negatives.  A lot of us disagree, sometimes seriously,
on different issues, but when someone keys in with a problem or some kind of crisis then they always
find advice, condolences, etc.  Just because people disagree doesn't mean they don't get along, if
you hope to have long term social relationships that is something you will have to understand.

Written By: Student on 11/15/05 at 12:16 pm

LOL! I have very long term relationships, I just don't act nasty to my friends when we disagree.  Maybe that's why they last so long!  Thanks, everyone.

Written By: PETER on 11/15/05 at 9:56 pm

Thank you for your positive answers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/15/05 at 11:45 pm

My way:

A Zen outlook on life, peace to all, malice to none...and lots and lots of psychotrophic medications!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-124.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...