inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harry Potter 4 is out this week.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/15/05 at 3:49 pm

Anyone interested in seeing it?

Subject: Re: Harry Potter 4 is out this week.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/15/05 at 4:53 pm

I think Harry Potter just kinda went over my head... The books came out way after I was a kid or even teenager, so it sort of is something I haven't had a lot of interest in. I'm looking forward to the Chronicles of Narnia this December - now there's a classic for you :0)

Written By: TarzSp on 11/15/05 at 5:01 pm

Those poor kids. By the time they get to the next movie, they will all be 18 years old

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 11/15/05 at 6:49 pm

I might go see it.  But only because the Superman Returns trailer will be infront of this film.

And I am very eager to see the trailer for the new Superman film.  It's been nearly 20 years since we've had a film about Superman.

:)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/15/05 at 7:10 pm

Those poor kids. By the time they get to the next movie, they will all be 18 years old

I know...

Written By: PETER on 11/15/05 at 9:58 pm

Is the author controlling the story or the kids as she has to make them go through pubesence and mybe they would be attractive toread if they were various adventures of Harry as a kid all the time...

Maybe that's why Peter Pan wouldn't grow up!

Written By: kairi747 on 11/19/05 at 2:32 pm

i saw it last night.  i love the harry potter series (and i'm old!)  i don't think the actors' ages really matter that much to the story line, they are pulling it off.  look how old olivia newton john, john travolta, etc were when they pretended to be teenagers in grease!  (see, now i'm dating myself!)  but anyway, i enjoyed the movie.  it didn't stray TOO far from the book.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/19/05 at 5:01 pm

I've only seen the 1st Harry Potter movie, I was dragged to the Theater to see it back in Christmas of 2001 because my baby cousin wanted to see it.  It wasn't that bad, I suppose it was decent, it kept me kind of interested

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets comes on tonight on ABC and I guess i'll watch it and try and get into these movies.  Then i'll try and find "Prisoner of Azkaban" and watch that as well and if I like these movies enough, then i'll check out the new one

Written By: SAM-Indonesia on 11/22/05 at 12:12 am

Anyone interested in seeing it?
Tell you the truth, I didn't read the books and I didn't see HP 1,2,3 in movie. Luckily my oldest brother had the original vcds. Please remind the 2nd series of HP. I only remember the philosopher's stone( in movie it is written the sorcerer's stone), the prisoner of Azkaban.
As to 'the Goblets of fire' I feel that I should go to the movie. Without reading the books, I can say that it is a good story. Please tell me the tall lady from another wizard school. She fell in love with Prof. Hagrid right? And as to Lily Porter. The caracter is played by the author i.e. J.K. Rowlings. Correct me please. Well if you want to share more please contact me. 
Finally the order of Phoenix(correct me if necessary please) maybe I should go to the future and back to the past so I can share the final frontier with you all.   

Written By: TarzSp on 11/22/05 at 12:32 am

Well, I tried watching "Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets" (aka "Harry Potter 2") over the Weekend, but I was Bored to death by that movie.  So I decided to skip it and go ahead and watch "Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban" (aka "Harry Potter 3") and I enjoyed it alot! I was glad to see Gary Oldman in it, he rocks!

So I guess i'll check out Harry Potter 4 sometime this week

Written By: TarzSp on 11/22/05 at 12:37 am

Wow, I was just looking at IMDb.com and there are still 2 more Harry Potter movies coming out in the future.  "Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix" will be released on June 1st, 2007.  "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will be released on November 14th, 2008

So by the time they get to that last movie, Harry Potter will be 18 years old, yikes  :D

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 12:43 am

All these sequels... They need to just merge all these sequels into one .... Harry Potter takes on Rocky, The Police Academy Cops and Rambo in a cage match  ;D

Written By: TarzSp on 11/22/05 at 1:34 am

These poor kids, look at these side by side pictures of them from the 1st Harry Potter to the 4th Harry Potter movie and look at how much they have already aged

Harry Potter
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8598/hp0wh.jpg

Ron
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8922/rg5ul.jpg

Hermoine
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1466/ew5ly.jpg

Just imagine what they will look like in 2008  :o, they might be too old for Magic  :P

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 1:55 am

These poor kids, look at these side by side pictures of them from the 1st Harry Potter to the 4th Harry Potter movie and look at how much they have already aged

Just imagine what they will look like in 2008

Written By: karen on 11/22/05 at 10:45 am

I started reading the Harry Potter stories to my daughter as a bedtime story after we saw Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on TV last Christmas.  We have read Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets and seen them on film.

My daughter had Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as a 7th birthday present last week.  We haven't started reading it yet because we are part way through The Hobbit.

She wants to go and see the latest film, but here it has been rated 12A i.e. an adult must go in with any under 12's.  I am a little worried therefore given that she found Madagascar scary (!)  that we will go in and have to leave part way through.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/22/05 at 3:05 pm

I finally saw the new Harry Potter movie earlier and I really liked it!  I liked it a little better than "Prizoner of Azkaban"

And I thought the PG-13 Rating was well deserved. It had some pretty intense scenes, especially for a "Harry Potter" movie, and there was also a scene where Harry Potter is in some giant Bathtub and some Ghost Girl is trying to get a glimpse of his Manhood  ???

I also recall a scene near the end where Dumbledore said the "F" word...

Written By: guitarman0087 on 11/22/05 at 8:16 pm

I thought the movie was awesome. Its already made well over 100mil; I'm sure its gonna break more box office records! Definitely the darkest of the series.

Written By: Teofilo on 11/23/05 at 12:03 am

Please stop the American obsessing over youngness.  These children will get older and it is not a crime.  It is good for them.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/23/05 at 12:11 am

Please stop the American obsessing over youngness.  These children will get older and it is not a crime.  It is good for them.

Stop Trolling.  You're not fooling anyone by changing your "Guest" name

Written By: SAM-Indonesia on 11/23/05 at 1:22 am

I started reading the Harry Potter stories to my daughter as a bedtime story after we saw Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on TV last Christmas.

Written By: star500 on 11/23/05 at 3:12 pm

I saw the movie over the weekend, and I personally thought it was great. I enjoyed it throughly. They did leave quite a bit out I noticed but it wasn't glaringly obvious....only if you read the book before seeing the movie would you know.

I think the children are aging quite gracefully....whoever says otherwise should not comment. I think Harry was cute in this movie, Ron was....interesting-looking and Hermonie was very pretty. I also thought Neville Longbottom had aged very well, except for the buckteeth. But if you remember in the first movie, he was a chubby little guy and in this movie...not so much! I have included a picture of the actor that plays Neville.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 4:59 pm

i saw the first one and liked it. thought the second one was like the first, only not as good. thought the third was unlike the first, and not as good. based on this, am not planning on seeing the fourth.

take it with a grain of salt. i hated the lord of the ring movies, too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/05 at 5:06 pm

I like The Lord of The Rings films.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 5:27 pm

I like The Lord of The Rings films.

yeah, i'm pretty much on my own with not digging the LotR movies. (much like my snopeshate!) i just thought the characters were posterboard, the writing lacked a sense of humor, and the special effects, though well-rendered, didn't really capture my imagination. i got all bored, and didn't even bother to see the third one.

the first harry potter movie was much more imaginative and funny, i thought, but the sequels didn't do anything that the first movie didn't do better, imo. it's funny because i love peter jackson's earlier stuff, bad taste and all that, and also the guy who directed the third harry potter movie -- he did this amazing mexican road narrative movie called y tu mama tambien. so i was surprised when i saw the third HP movie and it left me flat.

Check for new replies or respond here...