inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should they continue the death of TOOKIE?

Written By: PETER on 11/16/05 at 10:38 pm

I didn't think this is political so I am entering the inquiry here:

Many are trying to have the death penalty for the former Crips Founder...

The typical..Mike Farrell..etc.. gee where were they when the killings by his actions were news..

The reports are he wants a fair trial..sure took a long time to realize he didn't get one hmm?

Then all the supposed 'GOOD' deeds he did are being mentioned while the victims are DEAD and long gone...
I put this out for discussion..what I hear is BIG DEAL he's just a con who's a CON.

Subject: Re: Should they continue the death of TOOKIE?

Written By: PETER on 11/23/05 at 10:55 pm

Tookie ANTI DEATH supporters are steaming mad at the radio hosts who are doing a 'Kill Tookie Hour' on their show regullarly..

The advocates claim the host(s) is racist with a remark added how if anyone did a 'Kill President Bush Hour' it would be yanked, fined etc....

Uh, oone slight problem BUSH WAS NEVER CONVICTED FOR MURDER!!! Oh and EVERY JUDGE APPEALED TO REJECTED IT!

Using him as an example..not knowing the trial and the evidence..does anyone else feel the same?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/05 at 1:43 am

On the one hand, I'm against the death penalty.  Period.
Objectively, if the punishment forthe crimes of which the Tookie Monster was convicted is death, then Tookie must die even if he became a nice guy in prison.
It goes to a philosophical question.  Is our penal system strictly for punishment, or is there room for reform and penitence (as in penitentiary)?  We allow for parole and time off for good behavior, so can the justice system spare a man's life for good behavior even though the punishment for his crime hasn't been met?

Written By: PETER on 12/12/05 at 4:05 pm

YEAH ! Praise be! Tookie goin back home to hell for Christmas...Why's everyone so upset with dat? ;)

Written By: FelineFrenzy on 12/12/05 at 6:35 pm

This was the founder of the Crips for crying out loud.  Even if he is not guilty of the crimes he is in prison for, which he probably is, I'm sure he has murdered someone before.  Even if he hasn't murdered before, I'm sure he has ordered, watched or has knowledge of multiple murders. 

I'm not upset that he is going to be executed, after all that's what the jury decided, but I really don't feel that a state has the right to take someone's life, regardless of the crime they commit.  Maybe life in solitary would be better.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/12/05 at 7:11 pm

He is gonna be executed...this is from AOL's news page.http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051211092309990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001

if he murdered anyone the motherf*cker deserves to rot in H*LL.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/12/05 at 7:53 pm

Bottom line with Tookie is that although he claims to have "redeemed himself", he has failed to cooperate with the police, and he has never renounced or apologized for his heinous crime.

As somebody mentioned here earlier, the concept of PUNISHMENT applies here.  The PENALTY for murdering four people is death.  Off with his 'nads, I say.

By the way, it is not like he killd 4 other people in some sort of drug deal.  Three of his victims were a couple and their daughter (maybe son, I forget)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/12/05 at 11:23 pm

Bye Bye Tookie, Ol' Scratch has the weenie roast all ready for you..and any other murdering Crip or Blood SOB that gets the death penalty!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/12/05 at 11:36 pm

25-26 years is too long to be on death row. I think most everyone would be a different person,  reformed, changed, perhaps spiritually awoken and in no way the same person when arrived. I take no pleasure in him dying, I only wish the victims had been given an appeal or a chance at clemency before they were torn apart by shotgun blasts to the back, face. I believe if I do somethin like that, then I should forfeit my life as payment for the one I took. I would expect it as punishment. I think his death can be a stronger message to young urbanite potential gang members than any book he has or would write. Now he gets to show them what price you can pay for that lifestyle of crime and murder. Goodbye Stanley Williams

Written By: karen on 12/13/05 at 5:20 am

Looks like they decided to continue with it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4523502.stm

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/05 at 5:32 am

Dirt bag got what he had coming.  Let's hope that more of his buddies get the same.

California got one right this morning.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/13/05 at 9:59 am

This is what really makes up my mind for me.....how much can he have changed if he's refusing to talk about other crimes he witnessed, ordered, knew about, did himself, etc ?

One thing I find interesting is that while he was in jail, he commited numerous assaults against guards and other inmates.  He was in Solitary until the early 1990's, when he suddenly "reformed".

Then again, the time he reformed himself was the same time that California finally started to enforce their death penalty.  I guess that is when he finally realized that yes, they were eventually going to get around to executing him. hat is when he started to write children's books, and became this reformed prisoner.  However, he still was an active member of the CRIPs gang, even inside of prison.  And his son even spent some time in jail with him, being convicted of 2nd Degree Murder in 1994.

And despite the evidence against him, he maintained his innocence until the end.  I could give him a lot more respect if he had admitted to what he had done, and actually done something about gang violence.  Instead, he only paid it lip service, and maintained his gang contacts both in and out of prison.

Tookie ANTI DEATH supporters are steaming mad at the radio hosts who are doing a 'Kill Tookie Hour' on their show regullarly..

The advocates claim the host(s) is racist with a remark added how if anyone did a 'Kill President Bush Hour' it would be yanked, fined etc....

The John And Ken Show is constantly a target of groups like this.  And as a long-time listener to their show (over 10 years), I can assure you there is nothing Racial in their support of the Death Penalty.  They went after Robert Blake and Scott Peterson just as hard as they went after OJ Simpson and Tookie Williams.  They simply see criminal scum as criminal scum, and it is simple as that.

Written By: PaperGirl on 12/13/05 at 4:38 pm

I saw Oprah on TV today saying something about the state of California executing an innocent man....PUHLEEZE!

Written By: Mushroom on 12/13/05 at 4:46 pm

I saw Oprah on TV today saying something about the state of California executing an innocent man....PUHLEEZE!

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/05 at 6:31 pm

I can see somebody in good conscience objecting to Tookie's execution based on feeling tat executions per se are immoral.  Fair enough.  :-\\

But don't try to convince me that a guy convicted of two separate murders, totaling 4 deaths, and who was the founder of one of the most ruthless gangs in the USA is innocent.  That insults my intelligence.  >:(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/13/05 at 7:08 pm

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/13/05 at 7:09 pm

An eye for an eye...Tookie got just what he deserved!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/13/05 at 8:18 pm

Make room for me in that pew.....cause Im a saint too.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/05 at 10:14 pm

One news station interviewd a former crips gang member/leader/pal of the executed one, and they asked him if tookie ever killed or ordered the killing of anyone. The question was good, because also asked him if to be the leader and to live in that area wouldn't it help to have that killer reputation and be a prerequsite of the head guy in charge? He answered no, he never did. I changed the channel.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 12/13/05 at 11:27 pm

I don't believe he truely wanted to redeem himself.

If he was innocent then he should've asked to be freed on that account and then tried to prove it. If he did it and was truely trying to redeem himself then he should've realized that there is a difference between redemption of one's character and paying for one's  crime.

I personally don't believe in the death penalty but that is the law of the land, which he was fully aware if he commited the crime.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/05 at 11:32 pm

I think he's guilty as sin...but if evidence surfaces that he's innocent, or that his crimes no longer qualify for the death penalty...well, that's a pity, ain't it!

Check for new replies or respond here...