inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Apprentice/Martha

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/19/05 at 9:14 am

Does anybody follow Martha's show?

Seems to me to be a VERY lightweight version of the "true" apprentice show run by Donald.

-Alexis always has this look on her face, like she really has to go to the can, but has to wait until the cameras stop rolling.

Subject: Re: The Apprentice/Martha

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/19/05 at 10:52 am

Not if I can help it!  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/05 at 7:44 pm

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-014.gif
Pass me another barbiturate, please.

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/05 at 12:20 pm

Its like a train wreck you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself.... hell Jim is the only one I remember from week to week.  I have watched every episode but have a hard time keeping the people straight from week to week....

Martha is stiff and boring and really full of herself in an unassuming way. Her daughter and that guy who's not George (that's what I call him because I can never remember his name and he reminds me of Donald's sidekick George) seem to sleepwalk through the show. They may even be a little afraid of Martha. 

I LOVED the episode where Martha fired (I mean said goodbye to) two people... It was the week after Donald fired four people... I had an imaginary conversation play in my head where the two walk out of the board room and Martha makes a call to The Don. 

MARTHA: "Hello Donald, it's Martha"
DONALD: "Hello how's the show going"
MARTHA: "That's why I'm calling. Things are going *pretty* well but I wanted to ask you a question"
DONALD: "SHOOT!"
MARTHA: "How many Apprenti did you fire last week?"
DONALD: "Martha, I FIRED FOUR Apprentices last week. I HAD NO Other CHoiCE because they cost Dick's Sporting Goods a 34 o/o deficit in SALES. I mean how can   you expect to work for the the TRUMP organization if you can't maintain SALES.  BLAH BLAH BLAH
MARTHA: "Well thank you Donald that helps a lot. I think I will have to let two people go this week."
DONALD: "GOOD  that means that I am still ahead

Yeah okay so I have WAAYYYY too much time on my hands!!!!

peace out

Written By: whistledog on 11/25/05 at 1:33 pm

They cancelled Martha's Apprentice.  I'm not surprised.  I thought it was a good idea, but she just doesn't have as much power as The Donald does

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/05 at 1:31 am

Its like a train wreck you know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself.... hell Jim is the only one I remember from week to week.

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/05 at 2:58 pm

Agreed.

that other buffoon does not come off anything like George (of Donald's show).

Check for new replies or respond here...