inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What will the 2010s be like?

Written By: 2012 on 11/21/05 at 6:10 pm

What do you think the 2010s will be like?  Technologically, culturally, politically?

I'd guess they'd be quite different from now ... today will seem corny and inferior technologically. 

Of course, the world's ending in 2012 so wondering is moot.

"Limp WHAT?!"

Subject: Re: What will the 2010s be like?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/21/05 at 7:29 pm

They will be 10 better than the 2000's.

;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/21/05 at 7:38 pm

We might actually start saying the years as follows: Twenty-Twelve, Twenty-Thirteen, Twenty-Fourteen... as opposed to Two Thousand and Twelve, Two Thousand and Thirteen etc.

Written By: Batfan2005 on 11/22/05 at 12:32 pm

I think they will just be called "the teens" or the "two-thousand tens." As far as styles, I think they will bring back the grunge and alternative styles from the 90's. I also think that in 2008, a Democrat will be elected president, and he will serve 2 terms from 2009-2017.

Written By: temaichi on 09/09/17 at 11:32 pm

They will be 10 better than the 2000's.

;D

You meant to say 10 times worse right?! This is too funny!! ;D ;D

- From the future

Written By: temaichi on 09/09/17 at 11:35 pm

I think they will just be called "the teens" or the "two-thousand tens." As far as styles, I think they will bring back the grunge and alternative styles from the 90's. I also think that in 2008, a Democrat will be elected president, and he will serve 2 terms from 2009-2017.

You got the last one right!!! Holy cow!!! :o :o

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/09/17 at 11:40 pm

You got the last one right!!! Holy cow!!! :o :o

Why do you keep on reviving threads from twelve years ago?

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/09/17 at 11:46 pm

Man the oldest replies are fascinating. Haha Way back to 2005. I wish I was here then.

Its fascinating. Its like literal time travel.

Written By: temaichi on 09/09/17 at 11:58 pm

Man the oldest replies are fascinating. Haha Way back to 2005. I wish I was here then.

Thank youuuu!! Thats exactly what im talking about! I like to read peoples predictions from the past just like how we are giving each other predictions on the 2020s decade and see what they got right about our current time. ::)

Written By: temaichi on 09/09/17 at 11:59 pm

Its just interesting stuff and definetly worth a read! :P

Written By: Bab2781 on 09/10/17 at 9:30 am

So far the 2010's have been very crappy in my eyes.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/10/17 at 10:47 am

You meant to say 10 times worse right?! This is too funny!! ;D ;D

- From the future

No, both the 2000's and 2010's are good in their own ways.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/10/17 at 1:19 pm

No, both the 2000's and 2010's are good in their own ways.

I agree. The '10s haven't been a terrible decade when you look at it in perspective. Both the '00s and the '10s have their positives and negatives. As humans, we have a tendency to over-emphasize the positive when looking at the past and over-emphasize the negative when looking at the present.

I think for the most part the '10s have played out how most people predicted they would back in the '00s. The exception is I doubt anybody could have predicted Trump. It was always likely that a Republican would win in 2016 because that's what tends to happen after two-term Presidents but nobody could have predicted it would be Trump.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/10/17 at 1:31 pm

It was always likely that a Republican would win in 2016 because that's what tends to happen after two-term Presidents but nobody could have predicted it would be Trump.
This! Back in 2015, it was either Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio that Republicans thought who was going to win the presidency; however, after Trump came out of nowhere with announcing that he was running for president, all the others ended up following him.

Written By: Howard on 09/10/17 at 2:29 pm

I agree, I don't mind.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/11/17 at 12:17 am

I don't mind it either, but only when it adds something to the forums. Making one sentence in response to a comment made over 10 years ago is not "discussion"; it's called a waste of time.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/11/17 at 2:43 pm

I don't mind it either, but only when it adds something to the forums. Making one sentence in response to a comment made over 10 years ago is not "discussion"; it's called a waste of time.

Couldn't agree more. It gets annoying when I find a thread that has an interesting topic thinking it's something new, only to find out it was made over a decade ago.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/11/17 at 5:15 pm

Couldn't agree more. It gets annoying when I find a thread that has an interesting topic thinking it's something new, only to find out it was made over a decade ago.
What about threads that were made between 1 and 5 years ago?

Written By: temaichi on 09/11/17 at 5:36 pm

Sorry, man. Thought it would be fun to create some humour into the forum since its always about being serious all the time. Sometimes you gotta find your way to make other people laugh in the forum and look back at funny predictions that were made at the time.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/11/17 at 5:42 pm

Idk. I mean at least threads from 2016 are more recent than ones from 2005

Written By: Slim95 on 09/11/17 at 7:00 pm

It is fun reviving old threads. Grave digging is good if we are looking at predictions from the past and seeing if they came true. Keep it up, it adds activity to this forum.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/12/17 at 12:17 am

Idk. I mean at least threads from 2016 are more recent than ones from 2005
So are the ones from 2014-15 although threads from 2006-08 and 2010-13 tend to get revived as well.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/17 at 2:38 pm

Those are OK.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/17 at 2:39 pm

It is fun reviving old threads. Grave digging is good if we are looking at predictions from the past and seeing if they came true. Keep it up, it adds activity to this forum.

It's good to reminisce once in a while.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/12/17 at 2:46 pm

If it adds activity it's fine. Even if the post that revived the thread is just 1 sentence as long as that one sentence can spark more discussion then I'm okay with that. If people don't want to be part of the thread then they can ignore it and the thread will die again, right?

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/12/17 at 4:16 pm

You know what could be worst though? The spammer bots reviving older threads in a false sense, literally adding nothing to it.
If it adds activity it's fine. Even if the post that revived the thread is just 1 sentence as long as that one sentence can spark more discussion then I'm okay with that. If people don't want to be part of the thread then they can ignore it and the thread will die again, right?

One sentence responses can actually OP discussions. Haha They really add charm to the thread as long as their actually responding to the topic.

Written By: temaichi on 09/12/17 at 7:27 pm

Exactly, man. You definetly get it!! ::)

Written By: ofkx on 12/22/17 at 3:07 pm

Holy crap he literally got EVERYTHING right.

Check for new replies or respond here...