inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: POGUES

Written By: RELAX on 11/25/05 at 2:47 pm

;)Anyone use E-Bay ?? for tickets for gigs? some people are currently selling tickets for the Pogues, but there are still tickets available for the last date 22 Dec. Brixton, London, available from the venue on line. I bought 4 no trouble.
I've never seen them live but curiosity go the better of me, the reputation preceeded them.

Subject: Re: POGUES

Written By: Skippy on 11/25/05 at 5:09 pm

I wouldn't take a chance on buying tickets for anything on eBay. There's so much counterfeiting going on these days, I only buy from licensed vendors.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/25/05 at 9:35 pm

Who is in the Pogues line-up these days?

Written By: Davester on 11/26/05 at 6:57 pm

This would be a reunion tour, wouldn't it? (Fairytale of New York)  With MacGowan at the front, once more...

Max, I can't find a list of current band members, other than MacGowan...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/05 at 8:06 pm

Written By: Davester on 11/26/05 at 11:25 pm

I live in CA but would definately consider going to a New York show.

Just think, the Pogues in NYC on Paddy's day! I dont think it would go over good without MacGowan...

I couldn't see a Pogues reunion without him (mumbling jibberish and speaking-in-tongues, aside...).  I know that the Dropkick Murphys were just supporting them on their tour of Great Britain and Ireland.  How I would've loved to have seen that show..!

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 1:23 am

In the 90's, Shane formed his own band called "Shane MacGowan and the Popes" and in 1994, had a hit with them called That Woman's Got Me Drinking.  He also had a few hits on his own, most notably the 1995 Sinead O'Connor duet Haunted :)

Written By: RELAX on 11/27/05 at 1:33 pm

Who is in the Pogues line-up these days?
Shane is back, will have to see how the previous concerts go Manchester,Glagow,Birmingham,then London 3 nights 22nd being the last,which I shall attend, and just before Xmas, I just wanted to do something different this year, do you think the last one in London will be particularly riot ridden ????? they sell booze at the Venues they have bars. Oh My Lord ! !

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/05 at 6:55 pm

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...