inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite paranormal television series of the 2000s

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/05 at 3:00 pm

What was your favorite paranormal show of the 2000s?  I am not including X-files, as it was in the 90s.

Subject: Re: Favorite paranormal television series of the 2000s

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 3:07 pm

Medium is a pretty good show :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/28/05 at 4:09 pm

I voted Beyond, 'cause it's the only show I've ever seen (there may have been 6 or 7 episodes broadcasted over here).
Can't stand the guy, but what he told was impressive.

Does Char have her own show in the US? If so, I'd like to vote for her too. She's been doing several shows on Dutch tv for the past couple of years, and I like watching them. Wouldn't mind to meet her in real life.

Written By: ... on 11/28/05 at 4:12 pm

A radio show, but Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, Art Bell, and Ian Punnett.

That show makes all other paranormal stuff seem lame and useless.

In fact, very recently a Canadian politician said something to the like of KNOWING ufos and aliens are real.

Any "Coast" fans here?

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/28/05 at 7:04 pm

I really enjoy watching Medium! Really a great show! :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/05 at 7:38 pm

Does Char have her own show in the US? If so, I'd like to vote for her too. She's been doing several shows on Dutch tv for the past couple of years, and I like watching them. Wouldn't mind to meet her in real life.

No, sorry, I haven't heard of Char.  Is she a psychic too?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/05 at 9:40 pm

OTHER:
I like select programs on paranormal activities.  Mostly they're documentary-style.  Sometimes you see them on Discovery or Sci-Fi.  I like programs about ghosts, UFOs, and unexplained phenomena.

I'm generally not a fan of dramas on the subject.  Some "X-Files" episodes were awesome, but mostly they were pretty lame.

I'm not that big a fan of "Coast to Coast" because they host too many phonies who rant about the same old government cover-ups over and over again.  Then you've got Mrs. Maude Ingerschott from East Podunk, Arkansas, calling up about how she "seen a flying saucer and even got abducted into one of them things."  Pretty redundant.

Those people do exist though, I went out with one a couple of times.  This lady was perfectly normal other than her beliefs that:
a. She has been abducted by extraterrestrial craft numerous times since the age of nine.
b. On one such occasion the ETs performed on her a tubal ligation.
c. Her brother is a space alien and ETs regularly visited their home to meet with him.
d. Her ET brother is being held in seclusion at an undisclosed location by the U.S. government.
e. An ET about three feet high with a conical head recently entered her bedroom via the closet to check up on her.
Other than that, Sharon was a perfectly rational, gentle, and kind woman.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-014.gif

Written By: woops on 11/28/05 at 10:10 pm

None, I don't like these kind of shows...

Though I doubt there's anybody here that watches Disney Channel, there's "That's So Raven Corny"

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/05 at 10:15 am

I did enjoy the re-make of The Twilight Zone.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/29/05 at 6:45 pm

My sister is a big fan of "Supernatural", but I don't see what the fuss is about.

Written By: FaultyDog on 11/30/05 at 1:55 am

No, sorry, I haven't heard of Char.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 4:39 pm

Other: There is a series on SciFi called Ghost Hunters. This is not fiction but a group who calls themselves T.A.P.S. (which I can't remember what that stand for) who is based in the Rhode Island area (I think). This team get calls from people who are "bothered" by "spirits". The team spends the night in the place with all sorts of equipment-and documents everything. They then spend hours going through the footage and basically try to debunk everything. They report their findings to the people who hired them. Most of the time, they get nothing but there are times when they can't debunk it. One time there was footage of a chair that moved across the room and no one was there. There was another time when they got actual footage of an apparition appearing on their video.  :o  I love that show.  ;D ;D  If you like REAL ghost stories, I recommend this show.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...