inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good news - Prince's new album set for Dec 13 release

Written By: Zoso on 12/10/05 at 5:15 am

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001657906

Prince Inks With Universal For New CD
December 09, 2005, 9:30 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, Los Angeles

Prince has inked a deal with Universal for the release of his next album, "3121." The set will be preceded by the single "Te Amo Corazon," the video for which stars actress Mia Maestro ("Frida," "The Motorcycle Diaries") and was directed by actress Salma Hayek.

The clip, which was shot in Marrakesh, will be available online Tuesday (Dec. 13) via Prince's NPG Music Club site. A press conference in Los Angeles is scheduled for that evening.

"3121" is the follow-up to Prince's 2004 studio set "Musicology," which was issued via a one-off deal with Sony's Columbia label. The album debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200.

That release was supported by a lavishly praised tour which drew nearly 1.5 million people and grossed $90.2 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Prince is expected to return to the road sometime next year.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/V-12/TeAmoCorazon.jpg

Subject: Re: Good news - Prince's new album set for Dec 13 release

Written By: Zoso on 12/10/05 at 5:20 am

I post on a Prince fan board and for ages and ages we were wondering what 3121 meant. Some said the album wont come out until the year 3121 (yeah right!), and there were a range of guesses as to what it means. But now we know. 3121 backwards is 1213 which becomes 12/13 (December 13) which is the release date of the album! I can't believe we didn't figure that out. So simple.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/11/05 at 7:23 am

Prince gets all the chicks.  :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/11/05 at 4:37 pm

Prince is cool, but I'm not super anticipating his album just yet...

Written By: Zoso on 12/12/05 at 11:29 am

If anyone was wondering what "Te Amo Corazon" means, in Spanish it translates to "I love you Corazon". Corazon could be a girl's name or it is also a mountain in Equador. I don't know why he would love a mountain, so I suspect it's a girl's name.

Check for new replies or respond here...