inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: iS ANYONE BESIDES ME GOING TO MISS aRRESTED dEVELOPMENT?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/12/05 at 1:56 am

i AM GOING TO MISS THE bLUTHS.. THEY WERE SO FUNNY.. SUCH A great kooky show.  I swear, I have no idea why some shows get the axe and some just keep going  IE:  King of Queens!

Subject: Re: iS ANYONE BESIDES ME GOING TO MISS aRRESTED dEVELOPMENT?

Written By: Suite Life on 12/12/05 at 5:36 pm

Nope

Not to sound rude, but I found that show a bit overrated.

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/05 at 5:51 pm

Arrested Development might not get cancelled.  Apparently producer Brian Grazer is shopping the sitcom around to other networks.  Just canse FOX no longer wants it, I am sure some other network will and actually put it in a good time slot so people can actually see it

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/12/05 at 6:35 pm

Can't say I've really had the chance to properly watch it. The stupid networks always place potentially good shows on at some weird hour (11pm), and cancel them because (shock, horror!) they are rating low. All the while, shows like Survivor, The Apprentice and Supernanny get the good 7:30 or 8:30 spots.  >:(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/13/05 at 2:40 am

Nope

Not to sound rude, but I found that show a bit overrated.
Its okay.... I loved it though.. It so different u know?  Thanks for the info alos about the show being shopped around.  I hope they save it.. Cable would be cool but i doubt the actors would atke the pay cut they would have to take.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/13/05 at 8:59 am

I don't think it's going to be saved.  It's too expensive (huge cast) to be shown without a big draw for the advertisers.

It's a riot to watch, lots of twists.  It's disappointing that shows like Freddie are even aired, let alone receive better ratings. I watched part of one episode of that a couple weeks ago.  It was a plot stolen straight from Three's Company (a show that was already a rip off of a British sitcom).  The networks don't air stuff unless it's safe and predictable, and can draw enough ratings to keep the advertisers happy. 

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/13/05 at 7:56 pm

We all know the ratings system is a huge farce (especially in this country) anyway.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/05 at 7:57 pm

It almost seems strange why FOX wants to cancel Arrested Development.  FOX is all about sitcoms about messed up families, which is what makes FOX a unique network

Written By: kellygoo72 on 12/14/05 at 12:05 am

I don't think it's going to be saved.

Check for new replies or respond here...