inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a tolerable Christmas song

Written By: Dante's Babe on 12/18/05 at 12:12 am

Hey, I've been hearing this every day on The oldies station and it starts out with a man saying, "The beach is cold and empty, the wind is just whippin down the board walk, how many of you out there have been good this year...." and then it goes into a version of Santa Claus is comin to town, only the words are sung on a higher note...I thought maybe Ray Charles, but I wasn't thinking he did any Christmas hits....I wanted to find it for a gift CD...dunno if this is enough info....any help is appreciated....
>:( :o 8)

Subject: Re: Help with a tolerable Christmas song

Written By: ADH13 on 12/18/05 at 12:22 am

Hey, I've been hearing this every day on The oldies station and it starts out with a man saying, "The beach is cold and empty, the wind is just whippin down the board walk, how many of you out there have been good this year...." and then it goes into a version of Santa Claus is comin to town, only the words are sung on a higher note...I thought maybe Ray Charles, but I wasn't thinking he did any Christmas hits....I wanted to find it for a gift CD...dunno if this is enough info....any help is appreciated....

I know what you're talking about..but I don't know who sings it.. but it comes on our oldies station too, so next time I hear it I will try to wait for the dj to say who it is.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/19/05 at 5:33 am

The Bruce Springstein version?  ???

Written By: kairi747 on 12/19/05 at 3:52 pm

om my gosh!  on an oldies station??  nothing like putting me into deep depression just in time for christmas!  that is definitely the bruce springsteen version.  wow, thanks a lot!  >:(

Written By: Dante's Babe on 12/21/05 at 3:45 pm

I'm sorry! Its was on 3WS, the Pittsburgh Oldies Station. I woulda never guessed that was Bruse Springsteen, though, seriously! He's all classic rock....Hope you have a nice holiday  :-*

Written By: kairi747 on 12/21/05 at 6:33 pm

well, thanks, i feel a LITTLE better!!  ;)  same to you!

Check for new replies or respond here...