inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Phil of the Future" gets canned, and hasn't yet reached 65 episodes!!!

Written By: woops on 12/21/05 at 1:57 pm

Corny Disney Channel teen sitcom  "Phli of the Future" got finally got canned!  :D

Most Disney Channel shows have a 65 episode limit, but "Phil of the Future" only aired for two seasons.

Though "That So Raven" broke the 65 episode thing...  ::)

Then again, "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" featuring the talented comedic 20 year old actress Ashley Tisdale is the only show worth watching. Despite that Brenda Song also appeared on "Phil of the Future". Also like the fact this show pokes fun at Paris Hilton (Song plays ditzy hotel heiress London Tipton).

We all had our share of cheesy sitcoms (Saved by the Bell, Full House, Facts of Life, Welcome Back Kotter, Brady Bunch, etc), but "Phil of the Future" had awful acting, annoying characters, corny special effects, and mindless fluff which makes "Small Wonder" look like gritty realism.

I'm a bit suprised that many of the episodes of the show were directed by Fred Savage (the same Fred Savage who was on "The Wonder Years")...

The Disney Channel hasn't been good since they became MTV Jr. in the late 1990's, which they became a regular/ non pay channel and I was a tween (it's target audience)...but was more into their classic animation instead of "Flash Forward"  ::)

Subject: Re: "Phil of the Future" gets canned, and hasn't yet reached 65 episodes!!!

Written By: Marian on 12/21/05 at 2:38 pm

I think the girl who plays Pim has potential.Anyway,most shoiws in this time slot are supposed to be suitable for kids,hence the corniness.

Subject: Re: "Phil of the Future" gets canned, and hasn't yet reached 65 episodes!!!

Written By: kairi747 on 12/26/05 at 9:38 pm

well, i like phil of the future.  but i liked the first season better.  i liked debbie.

Written By: annonymouse on 01/02/06 at 11:05 am

i hate the suit life of zack and cody.  all it is is two obnoxious twins running around and causing trouble. its loud and its not at all funny!
  also what the hell was disney thinking when the put that brandy and mr.whiskers show on the air or that dumb "my life as a teenage robot! and how about that stupid rugrats all grown up. i stopped liking rugrats when they added dill then hated it when they put in kimmy. they need to replace disney with toon disney and take regular diney off the air. toon disney is a channel that you have to have a certain cable for and it has all of the old disney shows like monsters and gargoyles. also it has some recently canceled shows like house of mouse.

Written By: YWN on 01/02/06 at 3:18 pm

Disney has some sucky shows...  I liked So Weird a lot though...and I also liked Jett Jackson.

Then again, I was ten at the time those shows aired, so I don't know if I'd like any Disney shows now.

Written By: kairi747 on 01/02/06 at 5:41 pm

rugrats is so nickelodeon - get your kids stations right please!!  :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/02/06 at 8:20 pm

My Nick days were about 1996-'98 (tail end of Old School), Disney was maybe 1999-'02.  By 2003 I was really getting tired of Disney and I no longer watch it.

And one more note: Raven sucks.

Written By: annonymouse on 01/03/06 at 10:38 am

Disney has some sucky shows...  I liked So Weird a lot though...and I also liked Jett Jackson.

Then again, I was ten at the time those shows aired, so I don't know if I'd like any Disney shows now.

yeah so wierd was good when they had phee (the main character) but then they got rid of her and put in some blonde girl.
and i loved jet jackson the movie was pretty good too.

Check for new replies or respond here...