inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chris Rock tells Kids nationwide: No Santa

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/24/05 at 6:43 am

Chris Rock's 'No Santa' Show Is Christmas Spoiler
By: The Associated Press
12/23/2005

NEW YORK -- So is Chris Rock part of the great anti-Christmas conspiracy?

Conspiracy or not, Rock is a grinch who threw a spoiler at Christmas.

Maybe not Rock himself, but his show, "Everybody Hates Chris," upset a few people the other night by revealing that Santa Claus doesn't exist! Oops. We just said it.

Rock isn't talking about the issue. But there are at least some people who think the comedian deserves at least a lump of coal in his stocking for his show last week, in which his TV brother drops the "No Santa" bomb on his baby sister.

Drew told Tonya: " Everybody knows there's no Santa Claus … Come here, let me show you something. I'm taking you to the toys ... Santa doesn't come down the chimney. We don't even have a chimney. We have radiators."

Little Tonya stomps out of the room. Then, more bubbles are burst when Tonya's dad, Julius, tells her the Easter bunny and tooth fairy don't exist, either.

"Somebody better give me my teeth back," the girl fumes.

UPN said it got "a handful" of complaints about the show last week. Even the show's executive producer and co-creator said his own 6-year-old son was upset when he saw the show.

Ali LeRoi said his wife ended up telling the boy to ignore it since "it was just a TV show" and that worked.

The Santa episode aired on Dec. 15 and was repeated on Monday.

Link

Subject: Re: Chris Rock tells Kids nationwide: No Santa

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/05 at 7:06 am

So who familiar with Chris Rock lets his 6 year old watch the show.  I saw the show and thought it
was hilarious, but the time slot and the comedian involved is for children above the age of Santa.
Another insipid hue and cry about a non issue.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/24/05 at 11:49 am

So who familiar with Chris Rock lets his 6 year old watch the show.

Written By: Marian on 12/27/05 at 3:09 pm

I saw that episode.The "no Santa" revelation is a common oiccurrence in families.

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/27/05 at 6:43 pm

This is stupid.

First off, of all the things Chris Rock has said that piss people off, this is definitly not the worst of them. 
Secondly, It's a friggen sitcom!
Thirdly, to all those that complain, get a freaken life! There is no Santa...there, I said it, if I kid reads this though, are they gonna get upset? 

Written By: Marian on 12/27/05 at 9:04 pm

This is stupid.

First off, of all the things Chris Rock has said that piss people off, this is definitly not the worst of them.

Written By: alyceclover on 12/27/05 at 11:17 pm

I found out that there was no Santa before I knew who Santa was; ie: never had that traumatic moment when parents (thou shalt not lie) was uncovered. I would have raised my children without the belief (being such an obedient to the ten commandments Christian) but their Father won't have allowed it...so I skirted around the issue.

Can you imagine telling an, oh, 7 year old child who asks "Mom is there a Santa Claus", "well what do you think, dear?" I sure wasn't going to tell her. My other daughter insists that there is a Santa Claus.(never came to my house)

It's a fun thing, for the 'have's' but destructive for the rest of us.....Santa brougth him a ($2,000) whatever and all he gave me was ($25.00) this lousy whatever. I must be a really bad kid.

Chris Rock is funny. That's what comics do...make us laugh at the truth. Yes, he shouldn't do that....admire his courage. Truth is, the majority of Christians like the myth.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/27/05 at 11:32 pm

Now I wish I had seen the show...I am sure I would have been in stitches.

Written By: YWN on 12/30/05 at 11:51 pm

This is one of those arguments that is too absurd to even counter, like the evil liberal media flashing subliminal messages about Cheney.

I never believed in the fat old bastard myself.

There is no such thing as Santa Clause

Written By: annonymouse on 01/02/06 at 11:06 pm

there are lots of shows that talk about how  santa isnt real along with other holiday characters. it just so happened that a bunch of parents were letting there kids watch this show.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/02/06 at 11:47 pm

U know, I cannot BELIEVE they are making such a big deal about this.. The show is about his life growing up as a child and when we were kids, we did learn there was no Santa.. IM sure the parents watching this episode with their kids have had the whole Santa question asked to them this yr already.. Imean, Santa at every corner, come on.. Besides, parents should be answering all kinds of questions and dealing with things regarding their kids.. I was thinking, in one of the 1st episodes of Chris <Great show, Julius is the best! ;)>, the bully in school calls Chris a N***ER.... Did parents watch that and explain that to their kids or have a problem with that?  Course not!  Nuff said!  Ho HO NOOOOOOOOO!  < Besides, there IS a Santa!!>  Isnt there? :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 01/02/06 at 11:50 pm

Santa Claus exists is to Elvis running a bait and tackle shop in Kentucky  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/02/06 at 11:52 pm

Who cares?  ;D

I don't think kids need Santa, they need ET.  Seriously.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/03/06 at 12:18 am

Big deal. I think its one of the more ridiculous things in our culture anyway. Thats a great way to teach your kids to think rationally..by lying to them about some mythical character.  ::)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/03/06 at 2:26 am

I agree with the statement above,  parents have been screwing with kids heads for yrs.... I just cant believe they made such a stink about it all....

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/03/06 at 2:57 am

I'm just glad my old buddy Chris is gettin some attention, good or bad. He is my favorite philisopher and a huge influence on me as a writer. And as an entry level monkey at a huge corporation, "Nothing make me happier than not knowin the answer to yo question!"

Written By: Schillingfan on 01/03/06 at 5:00 pm

I found out that there was no Santa before I knew who Santa was; ie: never had that traumatic moment when parents (thou shalt not lie) was uncovered. I would have raised my children without the belief (being such an obedient to the ten commandments Christian) but their Father won't have allowed it...so I skirted around the issue.

Can you imagine telling an, oh, 7 year old child who asks "Mom is there a Santa Claus", "well what do you think, dear?" I sure wasn't going to tell her. My other daughter insists that there is a Santa Claus.(never came to my house)

It's a fun thing, for the 'have's' but destructive for the rest of us.....Santa brougth him a ($2,000) whatever and all he gave me was ($25.00) this lousy whatever. I must be a really bad kid.

Chris Rock is funny. That's what comics do...make us laugh at the truth. Yes, he shouldn't do that....admire his courage. Truth is, the majority of Christians like the myth.

That's quite true with some religious people believing things that aren't really true. 6 other words that mean the same thing: Sticking Your Head In The Sand. In other words, not wanting to believe the truth

Check for new replies or respond here...