inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Character Actor Vincent Schiavelli Passes Away...

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/26/05 at 3:05 pm

You may not recognize his name, but you will surely recognize his face.

Subject: Re: Character Actor Vincent Schiavelli Passes Away...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/05 at 6:47 pm

I read about that this morning. So sad.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/26/05 at 7:07 pm

I knew him by name and face.  I always liked him.  First time I can ever reacall seeing him was on an old episode of Taxi.  He will surely be missed  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 12/26/05 at 9:46 pm

So sad.  He was also one of the teachers in Better Off Dead.  The one that asked Lane if it was ok to date Beth.  He was a great actor.

Written By: nally on 12/26/05 at 10:36 pm

Never really heard of him, but I have watched the "Cuckoo's Nest" movie, and read the book.

RIP Vinny :\'(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/05 at 11:29 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: BMG Guest on 12/27/05 at 1:49 am

He scared the begeesus out of me in Ghost.

Brian Mannix Girl - who cant log in !!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/27/05 at 1:52 am

He scared the begeesus out of me in Ghost.

Brian Mannix Girl - who cant log in !!!
heck yeah he was scary but he was cool because he taught Swayze how to do things as a ghost. but he was mad and mean at first

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/27/05 at 8:52 am

Oh man, this is sad. Especially with the high number of great actors who've passed recently, seemingly way before their time. :(

I remember him from Better Off Dead, and Fast Times, but the first thing I saw that he was in, was this half hour comedy tape in the 80's with Tim Conway, called Dorf on Golf. That's what I'll most remember him for.

My folks bought it way back when (my dad's a big golfer) and it was hilarious in its own way. Basically, Tim Conway is Dorf, this little, funny talking guy who tries to give tips on golfing as he's playing (ridiculous stuff). Of course, he plays terribly too. Anyway, his caddy is Leonard (Schiavelli's character), who ain't too bright and you can tell he'd rather be somewhere else. He doesn't say much either, but everything he did made the character work so well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/05 at 11:22 am

I read in the paper today that he was in 150 movies.  :o  I'm sure most people know his face rather than his name. I also read that he wrote a couple of cookbooks, too. A hard working man.

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 12/27/05 at 2:01 pm

He is an always will be one of my hero's in the acting world. He proved that you don't have to be beautiful or have a great body to be an absolutely outstanding performer.  The guy is twice the actor if not more than his better looking counterparts.  I'll never forget his performance in "Ghost".  The guy was awesome.

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/27/05 at 6:39 pm

Who remembers him as the man who played the sitcom version of Kramer when Jerry and George had that short lived sitcom on Seinfeld?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/27/05 at 7:05 pm

Who remembers him as the man who played the sitcom version of Kramer when Jerry and George had that short lived sitcom on Seinfeld?

That wasn't Vincent.

Written By: Billy Florio on 12/27/05 at 7:38 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/27/05 at 11:30 pm

Oh THAT guy...that sucks, took me a while to figure out who you were talking about too.  A memorable actor, even if I didn't know his name.

Check for new replies or respond here...