inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody"... hit or miss

Written By: woops on 12/27/05 at 3:53 pm

Does anybody or have young siblings/children watch this family oriented sitcom from Disney titled "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" featuring everything that makes a cheesy tween sitcom, which we all had our share (ie "Saved by the Bell", "Full House", etc)?

Subject: Re: "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody"... hit or miss

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/05 at 7:45 pm

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but I have no trouble judiging a show by it's title.

Written By: alyceclover on 12/27/05 at 8:44 pm

Sounds like a fun show, but the name lacks luster...and if it's Disney, just think it won't be as good as it sounds. When I think Disney channel I think 3 year olds or tweens and sometimes it's good other's too, um, square?

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 12/28/05 at 10:42 am

It's another piece of junk from the Disney Channel

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/05 at 1:48 pm

I voted so/so.  I can see how it would be a good show for younger viewers, but it's not quite my cup of tea

Written By: nally on 12/28/05 at 11:23 pm

Having seen only one episode (I turned there once during a commercial break from another TV show I was watching), I am tempted to vote so-so. I do agree with ^ that it might appeal to younger viewers. However, in the one episode I saw a portion of, I thought one of the girls was kinda cute

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/05 at 6:39 pm

Having seen only one episode (I turned there once during a commercial break from another TV show I was watching), I am tempted to vote so-so. I do agree with ^ that it might appeal to younger viewers. However, in the one episode I saw a portion of, I thought one of the girls was kinda cute

If I had kids, I wouldn't want 'em watching this kind crap.  But...they probably would anyway.
::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/05 at 8:26 pm

I haven't watched an entire episode, but what I have seen hasn't been too bad.  My daughter likes it so I guess it is ok.

Written By: woops on 12/29/05 at 9:41 pm

The prom episode does remind me of a "Different Strokes" episode I saw redone on "The Rerun Show"...

We all had our share of cheesy sitcoms...  ::)  :D

It's not that bad... though I never liked some of the shows that were popular when I was a tween/teenager, maybe some episodes of "Step by Step", but that's it. 

"Lizzie McGuire" was far worse.  :P

Written By: Dude111 on 03/06/18 at 10:09 pm

I liked it..... One of the few newer shows I did like!!!

I think I saw the last episode also when thier boat docked......... It was sad :(

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/06/18 at 10:17 pm

I only watched some of the first season but I did like it. It was the only good "new" show from Disney Channel imo.

Written By: nally on 03/06/18 at 10:44 pm

I liked it..... One of the few newer shows I did like!!!

I think I saw the last episode also when thier boat docked......... It was sad :(

That, of course, was from the spinoff, Suite Life On Deck, which lasted as long as the original (root) series, 3 years. I still enjoyed it for the most part.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 11:19 pm

That, of course, was from the spinoff, Suite Life On Deck, which lasted as long as the original (root) series, 3 years. I still enjoyed it for the most part.

You watched Disney Channel in your mid-late 20s? :D ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 11:21 pm

The Suite Life of Zack & Cody was one of my favorite Disney Channel shows growing up 8).

Written By: Dude111 on 03/07/18 at 3:51 pm

Oh yeah Nally your right buddy I forgot!!!

Both are good :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 3:54 pm

I didn't like it, but I was 16/17 when I watched it so I wasn't the target audience.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 3:56 pm

I didn't like it, but I was 16/17 when I watched it so I wasn't the target audience.

https://i.imgur.com/PijcGEU.gif

Written By: nally on 03/07/18 at 10:14 pm

Oh yeah Nally your right buddy I forgot!!!

Both are good :)

I know, in 2008 the original "Suite Life" series ended (with the primary setting as the Tipton Hotel), and then the spinoff "Suite Life On Deck" premiered later that year (with S.S. Tipton ship as the primary setting). Zack, Cody, London, and Mr. Moseby carried over to that series. I enjoyed both sitcoms as well, even though there were a few episodes I primarily didn't care for.

Written By: nally on 12/31/22 at 11:11 am

You watched Disney Channel in your mid-late 20s? :D ;D

I just happened to find certain programmes on that channel interesting. I stumbled across it in 2005, the year that the Suite Life premiered.

By the mid 2010s, however, some of the newer programmes didn't really interest me.

Check for new replies or respond here...