inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody"... hit or miss

Written By: woops on 12/27/05 at 3:53 pm

Does anybody or have young siblings/children watch this family oriented sitcom from Disney titled "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" featuring everything that makes a cheesy tween sitcom, which we all had our share (ie "Saved by the Bell", "Full House", etc)?

Subject: Re: "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody"... hit or miss

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/05 at 7:45 pm

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but I have no trouble judiging a show by it's title.

Written By: alyceclover on 12/27/05 at 8:44 pm

Sounds like a fun show, but the name lacks luster...and if it's Disney, just think it won't be as good as it sounds. When I think Disney channel I think 3 year olds or tweens and sometimes it's good other's too, um, square?

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 12/28/05 at 10:42 am

It's another piece of junk from the Disney Channel

Written By: whistledog on 12/28/05 at 1:48 pm

I voted so/so.  I can see how it would be a good show for younger viewers, but it's not quite my cup of tea

Written By: nally on 12/28/05 at 11:23 pm

Having seen only one episode (I turned there once during a commercial break from another TV show I was watching), I am tempted to vote so-so. I do agree with ^ that it might appeal to younger viewers. However, in the one episode I saw a portion of, I thought one of the girls was kinda cute

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/05 at 6:39 pm

Having seen only one episode (I turned there once during a commercial break from another TV show I was watching), I am tempted to vote so-so. I do agree with ^ that it might appeal to younger viewers. However, in the one episode I saw a portion of, I thought one of the girls was kinda cute

If I had kids, I wouldn't want 'em watching this kind crap.  But...they probably would anyway.
::)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/05 at 8:26 pm

I haven't watched an entire episode, but what I have seen hasn't been too bad.  My daughter likes it so I guess it is ok.

Written By: woops on 12/29/05 at 9:41 pm

The prom episode does remind me of a "Different Strokes" episode I saw redone on "The Rerun Show"...

We all had our share of cheesy sitcoms...  ::)  :D

It's not that bad... though I never liked some of the shows that were popular when I was a tween/teenager, maybe some episodes of "Step by Step", but that's it. 

"Lizzie McGuire" was far worse.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...