inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: the new harry potter movie stunk

Written By: annonymouse on 01/01/06 at 11:31 pm

i hated the latest harry potter movie. in the book there was the house elf and dobbey appeared. hermoine started a patition thing about elf labor. atleast thats what happened in the book. in the movie they left the whole rest of the story and just showed the three tasks and barely anything more! i was very dissapointed.

Subject: Re: the new harry potter movie stunk

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/06 at 1:31 am

I liked the film alot, as it was the the film was at least two hours long. I doubt that that anyone, can sit through an even longer Harry Potter film.

Written By: AFTERSHOCK on 01/02/06 at 2:43 pm

Love the books, but I only bothered to see the first movie which spent so much time fiddling around with special effects and ignoring any character development that I never bothered to see any of the others. Personally, I feel that the movies give the Harry Potter franchise a bad name. It's like comparing the pyramids of Egypt with the Luxor hotel in Vegas - two totally different worlds that have nothing to do with one another, except millions of people visit the Luxor Las Vegas to experience the whole "Egyptian thing" in blissful ignorance of the fact that.. wait for it.. it's NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL.

But then again, I'm a reader. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/06 at 3:27 pm

I haven't seen the newest of the films-YET!!! I think it would be impossible to include everything from the books into the movies. With each book getting longer and longer, the final movie would have to be about 8 hour long to include EVERYTHING. While I must admit that I am disappointed in some things haven't been included in the films, I understand why they had to make cuts. (I was very disappointed in the second movie that they cut Nick's "deathday" party)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...