inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Love The '00s

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/03/06 at 4:34 pm

My idea:

"Do You Love the Two-Thousands?  Is loving Emo your Dirty Little Secret?  Well, Donald Trump, pierce your nose and put on that Italian charm bracelet, play that Fiddy MP3 ... this is 2005!"

Subject: Re: I Love The '00s

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/03/06 at 5:02 pm

I'll do 2000-2004 too:

"Still can't get enough 2000s?  Okay, Nelly, listen to this hot shhh: Y2K was a hoax, Boy bands aren't dead, and Dot-com shares are worthless.  So put on your Survivor DVD and roll in your New Beetle ... This is 2000!"

"Do people not understand your love for the 2000s?  Maybe this is How I'll Remind You of 2001 ... the year we'll never forget for its bad *9/11 attacks shown* and ... slightly less bad highlights *N'SYNC*.  So pop in your South Park tape ... this is 2001!"

"Can't get enough of the Raging '00s?  Would you feel so empty without 2002?  Is Spongebob gay?  Well, put on your grills and blings, this is I Love the '00s: 2002!"

"You can find me In Da Club? Welcome to the year where bombs dropped over Baghdad, Fiddy brought back Gangsta Rap, Beyonce was Crazy In Love, and Lord of the Rings mania hit its peak ... This is 2003!"

"Okay, Paris Hilton, check this: Kerry loses to an idiot, Green Day sweep the nation by storm, and a HUGE TORNADO hits Los Angeles.  You're fired, because this is I Love The '00s: 2004!"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/06 at 5:38 pm

;D

Quick.... before VH1 (or VH blah) steals your idea!  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/03/06 at 8:08 pm

;D

Quick.... before VH1 (or VH blah) steals your idea!  ;D

I liked I Love the 80s ... I Love the 90s was cool too but way too early.  ;D

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 01/03/06 at 11:56 pm

How 'bout 'I Can't Stand the 2000s'!!! Seriously.

Written By: Loven1 on 01/04/06 at 12:49 am

I like the sound of that.  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 12:56 am

How about "I Love The 90s: Part Deux"? ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/06 at 10:09 am

Sounds like something VH1 would do.  ;D

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 01/04/06 at 1:27 pm

yeah VH1 will do I love the 2000's

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 2:10 am

Have you had a bad day, then remember 2006 that year where- I've already messed it up, anyone else want to try to do 2006 to 2009? I apologize for my terrible attempt to make you love 2006.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/17/16 at 8:34 am

Have you had a bad day, then remember 2006 that year where- I've already messed it up, anyone else want to try to do 2006 to 2009? I apologize for my terrible attempt to make you love 2006.

This thread was over a decade ago. Most of the views on the 2000s by people have changed quite a bit. People had the "If it's modern then it sucks" mentality and only really commented on the downsides I see. Nothing on pop culture or tech has been mentioned in this thread. Just comments that basically just say "The 00s sucks".  Crazy how different 2006 is from 2016. 10 years can do a lot.

Also the fact that the first comment mentions Donald Trump is funny. Little did the top poster know what will happen within 10 years of time. Fast forward to 2016 and you hear headlines like "DONALD TRUMP IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT AGAINST BILL CLINTON'S WIFE". And everyone is like "HOLY SH!T WHAT!" :o What a crazy future we live in. :D

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/17/16 at 9:39 am

This thread was over a decade ago. Most of the views on the 2000s by people have changed quite a bit. People had the "If it's modern then it sucks" mentality and only really commented on the downsides I see. Nothing on pop culture or tech has been mentioned in this thread. Just comments that basically just say "The 00s sucks".  Crazy how different 2006 is from 2016. 10 years can do a lot.

Haha Your awesome.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/17/16 at 9:46 am

Haha Your awesome.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/14567433.jpg

8):)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 9:55 am

yeah VH1 will do I love the 2000's

They already did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_the_2000s

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/17/16 at 9:56 am

They already did.

Well that was in 2014. Which is about 8 years after the old post. Funny to see posts by people from 2006 vs those by people from 2016.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/16 at 9:58 am

Back when Donald Trump was that businessman you respected. Innocent times. His TV show was decent.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/17/16 at 10:04 am

Back when Donald Trump was that businessman you respected. Innocent times. His TV show was decent.

Wanna see something funny? Here is a video of a younger Donald Trump back in 1980. In the video Trump literally states that he doesn't care for being president.
O5VEjF1uhYo

Funny how opinions can change over the course of 36 years. But hey 36 years is a long time.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 10:19 am

Well that was in 2014. Which is about 8 years after the old post. Funny to see posts by people from 2006 vs those by people from 2016.  ;D

Well, it's not like they'll respond to our posts, since they retired a long time ago before we signed up here.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/17/16 at 1:11 pm

The 2000s are the best decade ever, of course I love it.  :)

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/17/16 at 1:45 pm

Also the fact that the first comment mentions Donald Trump is funny. Little did the top poster know what will happen within 10 years of time. Fast forward to 2016 and you hear headlines like "DONALD TRUMP IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT AGAINST BILL CLINTON'S WIFE". And everyone is like "HOLY SH!T WHAT!" :o What a crazy future we live in. :D

Yeah, it truly has changed a lot, I always like to see threads from a while ago to compare them to present times. It's really interesting to me :)

Written By: Howard on 08/17/16 at 2:45 pm

They already did.

When will they do I Love The 2010's? ???

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/16 at 2:46 pm

Wanna see something funny? Here is a video of a younger Donald Trump back in 1980. In the video Trump literally states that he doesn't care for being president.
O5VEjF1uhYo

Funny how opinions can change over the course of 36 years. But hey 36 years is a long time.

He's said a lot of other things that contradict with what he's said before ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/17/16 at 2:47 pm

O5VEjF1uhYo

LOL send this to Hilary.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/17/16 at 2:50 pm

O5VEjF1uhYo

I don't think he wants to be president now. Too much work for him, he would rather relax at his comfy mansion. If he does get elected, my bet is he would pass on the title to his vice president.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 3:05 pm

I don't think he wants to be president now. Too much work for him, he would rather relax at his comfy mansion. If he does get elected, my bet is he would pass on the title to his vice president.

Which is probably why it would be terrible if Trump becomes president. We all know that he doesn't want to do the job and sh*t, but for the fact that he has Mike Pence as his running man freaks me out. I mean, do we really want some homophobic politician as president, who could possibly be worse than George W. Bush?

Written By: Howard on 08/17/16 at 3:07 pm

He should take over for Hugh Hefner.

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/16 at 5:02 pm

He said as much to John Kasich. He offered him the VP spot, telling him he'll be the "most powerful VP in history" and in charge of "all domestic and foreign policy". When Kasich asked what Trump would be responsible for, his son said "he'll focus on 'making America great again'".

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-vice-president/

So yeah, if Trump becomes President, you can bet that Mike "Shock therapy for gays and mandatory funerals for fetuses" Pence will be the effective president.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/16 at 5:39 pm

He said as much to John Kasich. He offered him the VP spot, telling him he'll be the "most powerful VP in history" and in charge of "all domestic and foreign policy". When Kasich asked what Trump would be responsible for, his son said "he'll focus on 'making America great again'".

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-vice-president/

So yeah, if Trump becomes President, you can bet that Mike "Shock therapy for gays and mandatory funerals for fetuses" Pence will be the effective president.

That's the thing that I'm worried about if Trump becomes president. The fact that he's a strong conservative who actually believes everything that Trump says is unbelievable. It's like we're gonna to Hell if he Trump gets elected, because obviously Trump doesn't give a crap about being the president. I don't even know what sort of acts he'll do, since he could ruin anything imaginable in the U.S.

Written By: wixness on 08/22/16 at 9:20 pm

Proud to love the emo look as it totally beats the short back and sides look that Asian totalitarians and fundie Christian scum endorse.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/22/16 at 9:22 pm

Proud to love the emo look as it totally beats the short back and sides look that Asian totalitarians and fundie Christian scum endorse.

I may like the emo look better, but isn't that kinda offensive towards actual Christians? Maybe some of them don't like the emo look, since it doesn't look appropriate to them.

Written By: wixness on 08/22/16 at 10:00 pm

I may like the emo look better, but isn't that kinda offensive towards actual Christians? Maybe some of them don't like the emo look, since it doesn't look appropriate to them.

I feel like the currently "hot" look pushes guys back into their gender roles, ones which I hate. I don't like short hair because I feel like I don't suit it and because I feel like it makes us guys pathetic unless we were physically fit, and sometimes not even then. Plus, it just reminds me too much of the 50s, and I feel like most don't even suit it and it goes better on those who are actual punks or men from said decade.

Written By: 2001 on 08/22/16 at 11:10 pm

I still see some younger guys with long hair. They usually wear a hat with a hat though. Also that messy textured hair is pretty common too

http://www.hair-style.ca/article/5-minutes-tousled-hair-tutorial-for-men_a53/1

(Personally I prefer shorter hair  :-X)

Written By: wixness on 08/23/16 at 4:09 am

I still see some younger guys with long hair. They usually wear a hat with a hat though. Also that messy textured hair is pretty common too

http://www.hair-style.ca/article/5-minutes-tousled-hair-tutorial-for-men_a53/1

(Personally I prefer shorter hair  :-X)

Sadly they always seen to cut it short not too long after childhood.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/23/16 at 6:59 am

I feel like the currently "hot" look pushes guys back into their gender roles, ones which I hate. I don't like short hair because I feel like I don't suit it and because I feel like it makes us guys pathetic unless we were physically fit, and sometimes not even then. Plus, it just reminds me too much of the 50s, and I feel like most don't even suit it and it goes better on those who are actual punks or men from said decade.

I consider that you think that hairstyle is conformist, which I could understand from a very politically correct decade like this. I liked the emo hairstyle, because it identified emos easily with what they liked. Especially when it didn't look stupid, compared to most 2010s subcultures.

Written By: XYkid on 08/23/16 at 10:04 am

I still see a lot of 00s hair styles here in Seattle oddly enough.
Once the 10s hit, a lot of guys, especially famous guys, cut their hair and undercuts became the main trend. In the past year or so, I've noticed more guys with longer hair, but then again I've been hanging out in the city of Seattle a lot more so that may have something to do with it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/23/16 at 2:35 pm

I still see a lot of 00s hair styles here in Seattle oddly enough.
Once the 10s hit, a lot of guys, especially famous guys, cut their hair and undercuts became the main trend. In the past year or so, I've noticed more guys with longer hair, but then again I've been hanging out in the city of Seattle a lot more so that may have something to do with it.

I guess Portland is the hub for the 90s, while Seattle is the hub for the 2000s.

Written By: 2001 on 08/23/16 at 3:31 pm

Speaking of emo and Donald Trump, here's a video that sings Donald Trump's tweets as an emo song!

Jl8NUwCeDrs

Written By: Howard on 08/23/16 at 3:35 pm

Speaking of emo and Donald Trump, here's a video that sings Donald Trump's tweets as an emo song!

Jl8NUwCeDrs

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/24/16 at 9:38 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XOxVavSVR-U/TdlzRhwlgwI/AAAAAAAAA1k/RuJ-ySYOgsE/s1600/Regreso%2Bal%2Bfuturo-Back%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bfuture-Robert%2BZemeckis-1985-the%2Bactor%2Bcopia.jpg

You have a point -- even the scriptwriters of 30 years ago decided that 30 years wouldn't be long enough to transition from actor to Presidential candidate.  Yet here we are.  (And the friggin' DeLoran landed me in the wrong decade again...)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/24/16 at 9:46 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XOxVavSVR-U/TdlzRhwlgwI/AAAAAAAAA1k/RuJ-ySYOgsE/s1600/Regreso%2Bal%2Bfuturo-Back%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bfuture-Robert%2BZemeckis-1985-the%2Bactor%2Bcopia.jpg

You have a point -- even the scriptwriters of 30 years ago decided that 30 years wouldn't be long enough to transition from actor to Presidential candidate.  Yet here we are.  (And the friggin' DeLoran landed me in the wrong decade again...)

If I wanted an actor to be president, I would either have Arnold Schwarzenegger (despite being born in Austria) or Jerry Springer. If Ted Cruz could become our presidential candidate, despite being born Canadian, then why not Schwarzenegger?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/16 at 9:55 pm

I used to have a searing hate for the early 00's, but now that's changed.

http://www.bobcatbanner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/The-Eminem-Show.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/16 at 10:02 pm

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpjHlkYxMcTsAHRG5aRDu1XRl2E178xbC-DRkyvi-iclgxF14OLQ

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/24/16 at 10:03 pm

Bro, I think you should maybe change the image. It's just a bunch of text.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/16 at 10:07 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_(US_cover).jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/16 at 10:07 pm

Bro, I think you should maybe change the image. It's just a bunch of text.

Okay.

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/16 at 1:40 pm

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpjHlkYxMcTsAHRG5aRDu1XRl2E178xbC-DRkyvi-iclgxF14OLQ

http://www.dafont.com/forum/attach/orig/1/7/178498.jpg

Album of the forever!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...