inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Darkness

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 1:35 am

I kind of like that "One Way Ticket" song.  Very Eighties-sounding.

Subject: Re: The Darkness

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/07/06 at 5:28 pm

I have their "Permission to Land" CD, yeah, The Darkness are cool. Especially Justin Hawkins, what a voice that little guy has!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/07/06 at 6:22 pm

Everyone thinks they are a novelty band. But I beg to differ. Here is a newish band that is doing something different from the boring, dreary, depressing rock music quite often heard on the radio, yet they get shafted for doing it.

I guess this second album will be the deciding factor to see if they still have it, or were just a one album wonder.

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/06 at 10:14 pm

Mr. Hawkins looks so goofy in his videos  :D

The Darkness are huge here in Canada.  Their Christmas song "Don't Let the Bells End" was quite popular as was "I Believe in A Thing Called Love", bot  songs I really love.  "One Way Ticket" is good also, and doing very well in our charts  8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/08/06 at 12:24 am

The Canadians seem to know what's good for them, as us Americans mostly do not. I have liked the Darkness since I saw their video for "I believe in a thing called love," but I have not seen much else about them since (that was almost two years ago, yikes!) But they're rocking!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/09/06 at 12:09 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Criz on 01/09/06 at 12:47 pm

I gotta say that I didn't really like them at all in 2003 when their first album came out. I thought their singles were nothing special.

However, I can't explain why, but I just love 'One Way Ticket'!! Have you heard the full version? The intro sounds like  Incantation's 'Cacharpaya' and is so bizzare when juxtaposed with the 70s glam rock guitar sounds!!

Check for new replies or respond here...