inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Overstock.com Lady...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/06 at 8:18 am

Is it just me, or does that lady on those Overstock.com commercials creep you out too?

When she gets all breathing heavy when she ways "It's all about the goooolllddd" I feel the need to to spew chunks.

;D

Subject: Re: Overstock.com Lady...

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/08/06 at 8:37 am

At least we won't have to watch that Winter Wonderland commercial they did until next Christmas!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/08/06 at 4:26 pm

I can't stand her, either.  I have to change the channel when that commercial comes on.

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/06 at 7:15 pm

Can't say I've seen these commercials yet.  I'm now anxious to see one  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 7:22 pm

Well now I just feel like a freak. I clicked on this thread thing "ahh someone who else who finds themselves very turned on by this lady". But alas i was wrong.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/08/06 at 9:17 pm

what the freak does she look like?

Written By: jackas on 01/08/06 at 10:05 pm

Not a bad looking lady.  She just acts kind of odd in the commercials.  Like she's trying to be seductive, but it just doesn't go with the commercial theme.

http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/img/mxc/quicklink_oasis_012904_02.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 10:07 pm

what the freak does she look like?

Like this..http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/8.gif

http://notonlybutalso.typepad.com/notonlybutalso/images/sabineehrenfeld.jpg

EDIT: Does too, Chrissy. lol

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 12:28 am

"It's all about B.O.!"
:D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/09/06 at 5:03 am

She's not HALF as scary as the Leptoprin lady in my opinion.  At least the O lady looks friendly and human - the Leptoprin lady never blinks (she scares me).

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 6:08 am

Well now I just feel like a freak. I clicked on this thread thing "ahh someone who else who finds themselves very turned on by this lady". But alas i was wrong.  :-\\

You're not alone my friend! I find her to be a very beautiful woman! Very pretty face, fin -n- trim body, and a sexy voice....... whats not to find highly attractive?
Yeah, the commercials leave something to be desired, but who cares......she's hot! ;D

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 10:43 am

I agree,she is VERY pretty! Wassa matta wit you peoples! LOL!!

Before she will be doing TV shows or movies. Hey, you have to start somewhere right?

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 11:19 am

I

Before she will be doing TV shows or movies. Hey, you have to start somewhere right?

She has. Her name is Sabine Ehrenfeld (currently the #1 search on the web) and is a German actress and model. She is a very pretty 42 years old, speaks 4 languages, flys airplanes, shoots guns, and rides horses. (Divorced w / 2 kids) Lets hope to see more of her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 11:27 am

She has. Her name is Sabine Ehrenfeld (currently the #1 search on the web) and is a German actress and molde. She is a very pretty 42 years old, speaks 4 languages, flys airplanes, shoots guns, and rides horses. (Divorced w / 2 kids) Lets hope to see more of her.

Yeah, yeah, fine, but how is she in bed?

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 11:28 am

She is 42? Not that 42 is old, but I could swear she is in her late 20s! That's amazing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 11:39 am

She is 42? Not that 42 is old, but I could swear she is in her late 20s! That's amazing.

Yeah, amazing what make-up and lighting can do!

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 11:58 am

OK MAX- this is true

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 1:23 pm

I hear that HDTV is going to do all those women in.  I guess you can see so much detail that wrinkles cannot be hidden behind makeup.

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 1:24 pm

I agree,she is VERY pretty! Wassa matta wit you peoples! LOL!!

Hold it there, man.  Nobody said she wasn't pretty......just weird. ;) ;D

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 1:44 pm

Hold it there, man.  Nobody said she wasn't pretty......just weird. ;) ;D

What??  You say "........just weird"??  You're not gay, are you?? I mean if you've ever been married, or have even dated only a few females, ..................!! ;)        (they ALL are!!)

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 1:52 pm

What??  You say "........just weird"??   You're not gay, are you?? I mean if you've ever been married, or have even dated only a few females, ..................!! ;)         (they ALL are!!)

I am a female. ;D

What you said is very true, but she is beyond weird. ;)

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 2:17 pm

I am a female. ;D

What you said is very true, but she is beyond weird. ;)

But as someone else said on this thread- the weirdest is the Leptroprin lady with the blank stare non blinking eyes. I'm sure she's a alien / human hybred.... just not sure if the alien half is a "Gray", a "White", or a "Reptilian"!!

Also Jacks-  No offence intended about females being weird; I'm on my second wife and have loved lots and always will love all of yous (females)!!

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 2:39 pm

But as someone else said on this thread- the weirdest is the Leptroprin lady with the blank stare non blinking eyes. I'm sure she's a alien / human hybred.... just not sure if the alien half is a "Gray", a "White", or a "Reptilian"!!

Also Jacks-  No offence intended about females being weird; I'm on my second wife and have loved lots and always will love all of yous (females)!!

I haven't seen the Leptroprin lady. :(  At least I don't think I have.

No big deal, I'm not offended by that comment.  I agree with you.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/09/06 at 2:49 pm

I thought the overall effect of the commercial was kind of odd. I don't think she's unattractive, but she does creep me out. It just doesn't seem appropriate for the kind of stuff they're advertising.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 4:41 pm

Heh, you must not have seen the lady in the bowflex commercials. She is 51 and she looks AMAZING. Better than most 25 year olds. I wouldn't turn her OR Sabine away.

..or both.  ;D  ;)

Written By: thenewwavechick on 01/09/06 at 5:00 pm

At least we won't have to watch that Winter Wonderland commercial they did until next Christmas!  :D

*lol*  I still get that commercial stuck in my head.  It drives me up the wall.  ;D

Written By: jackas on 01/09/06 at 5:07 pm

Heh, you must not have seen the lady in the bowflex commercials. She is 51 and she looks AMAZING. Better than most 25 year olds. I wouldn't turn her OR Sabine away.

..or both.  ;D  ;)

LOL  My mother in law and I were watching tv when the bowflex commercial came on.  After it was over my mother in law says, "Yeah, right.  She's not 50." ;D  She's just jealous. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 8:09 pm

OK MAX- this is true

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/06 at 8:47 pm

Yeah she looks kinda OK but nevertheless creeps me out.

I mean, after all, the site sells overstocked TV sets and last year's surplus tampoons.

Why does she have to act all trampy?  Weird.  I don't think I'd party with her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 8:56 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/09/06 at 11:59 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: Carl on 01/10/06 at 11:43 am

Hmm, I don't really see her as acting all that 'trampy'

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/10/06 at 12:15 pm

Hey trampy isn't always bad. I believe it was Woody Allen who said "i like 'em a little, you know, dirty".

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/10/06 at 12:26 pm

Hey trampy isn't always bad. I believe it was Woody Allen who said "i like 'em a little, you know, dirty".

One of our Colonists(Benjamin Franklin perhaps?) said "A perfect wife is a debutante in the parlor, a chef in the kitchen, and a whore in the bedroom"
All thats left to worry about is how hot they look!!

Written By: Carl on 01/10/06 at 12:45 pm

I still can't believe she is 43! LOL!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/06 at 8:06 pm

I still can't believe she is 43! LOL!!

I woulda figured she was 45...  The crows feet are a dead giveaway...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/06 at 8:45 pm

I think we already know too much about how Woody likes 'em!  Eeeeuuu!
:P

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/10/06 at 9:00 pm

I think we already know too much about how Woody likes 'em!  Eeeeuuu!
:P

I like ol' Woody. I mean jesus the girl wasn't his real daughter. Anyway..

I checked and the quote was actually from Steve Martin.

Written By: jackas on 01/10/06 at 9:53 pm

I like ol' Woody. I mean jesus the girl wasn't his real daughter. Anyway..

WTF???  The girl was around 7 when he started a relationship with Mia.  What do consider your wife's seven year old, potential?

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/10/06 at 10:51 pm

WTF???  The girl was around 7 when he started a relationship with Mia.  What do consider your wife's seven year old, potential?

I've never heard that anywhere. I have always heard that she was 13. Do you have a source on that?

And if he did something like that he'd be in jail, wouldn't he?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/06 at 11:20 pm

I've never heard that anywhere. I have always heard that she was 13. Do you have a source on that?

And if he did something like that he'd be in jail, wouldn't he?

he didn't have a relationship with her when she was 7....he started a relationship with her mother when she was 7.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/11/06 at 12:03 am

he didn't have a relationship with her when she was 7....he started a relationship with her mother when she was 7.

Ok.

I don't really know all the details on what happened. But if the man did something wrong wouldn't he be in jail now?

In these "celebrity scandals" a lot of misinformation tends to get spread around. And while I like the guy I do know that Woody Allen was a much maligned celeb in the first place. I think a lot of people would have been looking for something to judge him over such as this. I wasn't condoning what happened either way because I don't know what happened exactly. But I have heard many jokes made about him that he had a thing "for his daughter" which is misinformation; she was his stepdaughter. They make it out as if he committed incest. It was the same thing with Jerry Lee Lewis. His "cousin" was his second cousin through marriage.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/06 at 10:55 pm

According to this link, she was discovered by the CEO of Overstock.com while doing an ad hawking Kotex:

http://www.askmen.com/women/celeb_profiles_model/5_sabine_ehrenfeld.html

;D

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 01/12/06 at 7:19 pm

Not a bad looking lady.  She just acts kind of odd in the commercials.  Like she's trying to be seductive, but it just doesn't go with the commercial theme.

http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/img/mxc/quicklink_oasis_012904_02.jpg

She always reminded me of Belinda Carlisle...as a matter of fact, that's who I thought the picture was at first!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/06 at 8:31 pm

I saw one of those Overstock.com ads on TV today.

The creepy lady said "We have anything you need... for everything you do..."

I'd say she is overreaching just a tad? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...