inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I don't like how they changed Alpha-Bits

Written By: Sammy Reed on 01/15/06 at 1:13 pm

Yesterday, I got a box of Alpha-Bits cereal from the store, opened the box, and was pretty disappointed. They have changed Alpha-Bits.
They made it unsweetened, with the same texture and flavor as Cheerios, and with the educational junk they put on the box about how parents should feed their kids, pretty much turned it into baby food.
WHY?!?

Subject: Re: I don't like how they changed Alpha-Bits

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/06 at 1:19 pm

Yesterday, I got a box of Alpha-Bits cereal from the store, opened the box, and was pretty disappointed. They have changed Alpha-Bits.
They made it unsweetened, with the same texture and flavor as Cheerios, and with the educational junk they put on the box about how parents should feed their kids, pretty much turned it into baby food.
WHY?!?

Well, why do YOU think?

Peter:  There's a message in my Alpha-Bits.  It says 'ooooo'!
Brian-the-Dog:  Peter, those are Cheerios.
;D

As long as they turn my Cap'n Crunch into granola with raisins and dates!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/06 at 6:38 pm

Same thing happened to me not that long ago.  I mean WTF?

They're ALPHA BITS for crying out loud.  if I wanted to eat Cherrios, I'd buy a box of those.

A great American product has been desecrated.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/06 at 8:17 pm

crap...I hate when that happens. They always have to go and ruin a good thing. You know what else I hate? When certain restaurants change their signs to live up to the times....like...Pizza Hut for instance, I always liked their little red hut roof logo...now it's all new and modernized...I hate when they do that!! :(

Old Logo...just fine the way it was...
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=pizza+hut/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1362la83t/EXP=1137464160/*-http%3A//www.newtonnewtonflags.com/flags_banners_images/corporate-flag-pizza-hut.jpg

New, hyped up..lame logo....
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=pizza+hut/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1348job47/EXP=1137464222/*-http%3A//www.siouxland.net/dynaimg/content/bites/dining%20guide/pizza_hut_logo.jpg

Written By: Carl on 01/16/06 at 10:12 am

Change isn't always good, sometimes it sucks!!

Written By: Roadgeek on 01/16/06 at 12:50 pm

crap...I hate when that happens. They always have to go and ruin a good thing. You know what else I hate? When certain restaurants change their signs to live up to the times....like...Pizza Hut for instance, I always liked their little red hut roof logo...now it's all new and modernized...I hate when they do that!! :(

Old Logo...just fine the way it was...
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=pizza+hut/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1362la83t/EXP=1137464160/*-http%3A//www.newtonnewtonflags.com/flags_banners_images/corporate-flag-pizza-hut.jpg

New, hyped up..lame logo....
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=pizza+hut/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1348job47/EXP=1137464222/*-http%3A//www.siouxland.net/dynaimg/content/bites/dining%20guide/pizza_hut_logo.jpg

Exactly. Pizza Hut isn't the same. That's why I always go to the crappy still stuck in 1983 Pizza Hut here in Greensboro. It's not the cleanest and most modenrized Pizza Hut around, but it's real retro and I have many memories there.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 01/16/06 at 1:05 pm

Alpha Bits used to be sweet?  I don't remember them being so ???

To me, they were sweet. They had this characteristic taste no other cereal had. That's what I was in the mood for when I got that last box. This is why I'm so disappointed. There's no other cereal that tastes like that.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/16/06 at 6:25 pm

Alpha Bits used to be sweet?  I don't remember them being so ???

I thought they were 100% sugar, with a little wheat particles added for flavor.    :)

Otherwise there would have been no "need" to introduce the low-sugar version.  :-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 10:46 pm

OK, OK, they changed the red roof, but it's still a red roof.  I mean, as opposed to a Russian Orthodox-style steeple or something.  And hey, just like old times, the service is still incredibly slow, the seats are still uncomomfortable, the salad bar is still a wilted breeding ground of vicious amoebas, they still have rancid Miller Light on tap, the soft drink (both choices--light and dark) are still flat, and the pizza, ahhh, the pizza, no matter what style you choose, it's still saturated in congealed grease and sits in your stomach like a steamship's rusty anchor!

So what R-U gripin' about?
;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 10:48 pm

OK, OK, they changed the red roof, but it's still a red roof.  I mean, as opposed to a Russian Orthodox-style steeple or something.  And hey, just like old times, the service is still incredibly slow, the seats are still uncomomfortable, the salad bar is still a wilted breeding ground of vicious amoebas, they still have rancid Miller Light on tap, the soft drink (both choices--light and dark) are still flat, and the pizza, ahhh, the pizza, no matter what style you choose, it's still saturated in congealed grease and sits in your stomach like a steamship's rusty anchor!

So what R-U gripin' about?
;D

true.  well...to tell you the truth....I never really cared much for their pizza...my little boy likes to go there...but I would prefer other places. I just hate how they have to change things that were ok as they were.

Written By: jackas on 01/16/06 at 11:24 pm

WHY?!?

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I bought some about two months ago and I was baffled.  I could have sworn that they used to be sweet, but I thought that maybe I was confused.  I'm so glad I saw this thread! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/16/06 at 11:30 pm

The new Alpha-Bits taste like crap.  All I need is a bottle of piss to wash them down

I don't understand why these cereal companies can't just leave those great tasting cereals alone.  Everything is so health conscious these days.  Look at Cheerios.  Now they got whole grain cheerios, multi-grain cheerios.  What next?  Low sodium fat free no taste Cheerios?  It's like eating drywall for god sakes  ;D

Written By: Skippy on 01/16/06 at 11:42 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/17/06 at 5:58 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Skippy on 01/17/06 at 4:54 pm

How many Alpha-Bits are ther in an Alpha-Byte?  ;D  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/06 at 5:49 pm

Actually, I believe they are made from oats as are Cheerios, same general grassy grain family though.  ;)

Most "sugar cereals" are an oat, rice, or wheat base.  Some people think the over-the-top sugar cereals, such as Froot Loops and Trix, are fabricated from the start in some laboratory in Battle Creek, these folks need to look up the definition of cereal.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/17/06 at 9:24 pm

They are trying to make cereals more healthier for kids.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/18/06 at 4:23 am

[quote author=Ły

Subject: They have now re-sweetened Alpha-Bits!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 06/02/09 at 10:08 pm

Great news!
I saw Alpha-Bits today, and the word "sweetened" was on the box, so I picked it up!
This stuff is pretty good!
Thanks, Post, for re-sweetening Alpha-Bits!

Subject: Re: They have now re-sweetened Alpha-Bits!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/09 at 6:36 pm

Great news!
I saw Alpha-Bits today, and the word "sweetened" was on the box, so I picked it up!

If only my problems were so easily solved.
:-\\

Subject: Re: They have now re-sweetened Alpha-Bits!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/03/09 at 7:04 pm

Great news!

There is a God.

And we now know that He appreciates good breakfast cereal.

:)

Check for new replies or respond here...