inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Two teenagers who beat up homeless men surrender to authorities in Florida

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/15/06 at 8:22 pm

What would make two teenagers do these horrible acts I cannot fathom..here's the link with their story...http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060115015809990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001&ncid=NWS00010000000001

I hope those two get the punishment they deserve!

Subject: Re: Two teenagers who beat up homeless men surrender to authorities in Florida

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/06 at 8:25 pm

some people are complete scum. >:(

Subject: Re: Two teenagers who beat up homeless men surrender to authorities in Florida

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/06 at 8:34 pm

Off with their 'nads, I say.  Complete dirt bags.  >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 01/15/06 at 10:08 pm

What a horrible story.  Those poor men.  I say throw the book at them hard.  And try the 17 year old as an adult.  It wouldn't be fair that his record would be cleared when he turned 18, especially since one of the men died. 

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/15/06 at 10:11 pm

I have only one question... WHY?!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/15/06 at 11:51 pm

Did I see a baseball bat?  That's pretty harsh.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/16/06 at 12:07 am

Did I see a baseball bat?  That's pretty harsh.

actually... that is

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 1:16 am

Sigh!  We as a nation have spent twenty-five years developing an atmosphere of resentment and rage for the downtrodden and destitute, then when two of our finest Bush Youth finally take the initiative to rid the streets of this kind of lowly scum, you guys get all weepy and sentimental!  Well, I must say I am very disappointed in all of you!
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/16/06 at 7:51 am

Those two rancid wastes of flesh should rot. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/16/06 at 8:39 am

I hope someone beats them (the teenagers) with basebats.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/16/06 at 10:09 am

Speaking of homeless people, I walked along the drunken streets of San Francisco yesterday, with more than enough hobos to go around...

But don't worry! I didn't baseball bat them!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 10:38 am

Speaking of homeless people, I walked along the drunken streets of San Francisco yesterday, with more than enough hobos to go around...

Aw...Doms....I knew I could count on you to be a fine example of an upstanding citizen. ;)

Written By: Tia on 01/16/06 at 10:45 am

Sigh!  We as a nation have spent twenty-five years developing an atmosphere of resentment and rage for the downtrodden and destitute, then when two of our finest Bush Youth finally take the initiative to rid the streets of this kind of lowly scum, you guys get all weepy and sentimental!  Well, I must say I am very disappointed in all of you!

troodat. the right fosters attitudes like this, and then recoils in horror to see what it's wrought. look on other threads in this board and you'll see people blamed for having the debilitating disease of AIDS, blamed for being suicidally depressed, blamed for being poor. but then when this blame-the-victim attitude erupts into violence, suddenly they recoil but don't see their own part in creating the sort of society in which things like this happen.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/16/06 at 1:39 pm

I hope someone beats them (the teenagers) with basebats.  ::)

Oh they will definitely get beat with something in prison!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/16/06 at 1:54 pm

troodat. the right fosters attitudes like this, and then recoils in horror to see what it's wrought. look on other threads in this board and you'll see people blamed for having the debilitating disease of AIDS, blamed for being suicidally depressed, blamed for being poor. but then when this blame-the-victim attitude erupts into violence, suddenly they recoil but don't see their own part in creating the sort of society in which things like this happen.
Those are the same right-wingers who denounce abortion but won't support programs like WIC, Medicaid, or TANF(better known as welfare)!...They figure "It's not me who's the victim so why should I care?"

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/16/06 at 2:00 pm

You bet they'll be fodder for their fellow cons in whatever penal institution they're sent to...they will be beaten and possibly raped....I took a psychology course in high school, we learned about people in prison...those two are in for a real rude awakening in the big house!

Written By: zcrito on 01/16/06 at 9:06 pm

I was there once. Downtown SF has got 'em bad. Nice city and downtown though.

Written By: zcrito on 01/16/06 at 9:17 pm

I wonder if our "homeless" people did anything to really tick them off?

I live in an urban area and get the panhandling crap all the time.
After about the 100th time you get tired of being profiled (they run past someone who is black and zero in on the white guy) and cursed at if you don't give them any money.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 10:38 pm

I always thought the streets of San Fran must be drunk, the way the dip up and down and sway back forth all the time like that!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 10:40 pm

After about the 100th time you get tired of being profiled (they run past someone who is black and zero in on the white guy) and cursed at if you don't give them any money.

;D ;D ;D
You've got a perverse sense of humor after my own heart!

Don't you?
???

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/16/06 at 10:50 pm

Sadly, this phenomenon of "bum beating" is nothing new. About 15 years ago, my little brother used to work with these two idiots (whom we derisively referred to as the "G.E.D. Boys") that would brag to him how they'd drive around looking for homeless people and beat them up just for kicks. I've always thought that was a real chickensh*t thing to do.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 11:02 pm

Sadly, this phenomenon of "bum beating" is nothing new. About 15 years ago, my little brother used to work with these two idiots (whom we derisively referred to as the "G.E.D. Boys") that would brag to him how they'd drive around looking for homeless people and beat them up just for kicks. I've always thought that was a real chickensh*t thing to do.  >:(

Some of those homeless people, especially male alcoholics, look eminently ass-kickable when they're moping on the sidewalk, but some of 'em are pretty hale characters under that despondant exterior.  Pick on the wrong one, and he'll kick YOUR ass, and you'd deserve it too!
8)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/17/06 at 12:31 am

I thought the whole story was sick!!! what a bunch of losers... Cant these kids get laid like other teens.. <small joke there> .  I have no idea what kind of parnets raise kids like that... I think u have to teach the value of life.. all life.. Besides, many of us are just a paycheck away from being homeless!!!  They should be ashamed of themselves... IM sorry to preach but I think iTS sIcK! :\'(

Written By: Marian on 01/17/06 at 2:32 pm

Good point,but i think they must have looked into that.Interesting about ignoring black people--i wonder if a black person here has been panhandled.

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 01/17/06 at 4:20 pm

Nice excuse to kill somebody. ::)

I'm sorry, but even if they did cuss you out, that is no reason to beat the holy hell out of them. And since we're talking theories here, what did the people say to THEM to cause the homeless people to use foul language? I've heard many a person shout awful things at homeless people when they were just asking for loose change. And I know when they ask me for money and I have none at the time, I just tell them that I don't have any or else I'd give it to them. Do they cuss me out? No. They just ask somebody else.

Man, compassion has gone down the cr@pper in this country.

Written By: Stereomanic on 01/17/06 at 4:33 pm

i thoroughly hope these two idiots get what they desrve. there is no justification for murder

Written By: STAR70 on 01/17/06 at 4:52 pm

i thoroughly hope these two idiots get what they desrve. there is no justification for murder

i hope these two punks get THE CHAIR

Written By: zcrito on 01/17/06 at 10:16 pm

Why are 99% of the panhandlers out there all males ? I've only come across one female in the last 15+ years. Why is that??
If all these "homeless" panhandlers are victims of a cruel world, a cruel economy, a cruel president, a cruel whatever, wouldn't/shouldn't there be a good number of females out there too ??

Written By: zcrito on 01/17/06 at 10:22 pm

;D ;D ;D
You've got a perverse sense of humor after my own heart!

Don't you?
???

No humor intended. I'm just tired of being profiled.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/17/06 at 11:03 pm

Why are 99% of the panhandlers out there all males ? I've only come across one female in the last 15+ years. Why is that??
If all these "homeless" panhandlers are victims of a cruel world, a cruel economy, a cruel president, a cruel whatever, wouldn't/shouldn't there be a good number of females out there too ??

There probably are a lot of homeless females out there, but instead of being panhandlers they're prostitutes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/18/06 at 4:19 am

There probably are a lot of homeless females out there, but instead of being panhandlers they're prostitutes.

If you go to any big city, you will fnd female panhandlers.  They're what we used to call "bag ladies" (a classification not necessary in the country prior to the Reagan administration).  Prostitution is a separate phenomenon with a deep, dark pathology. 
Female panhandlers I find tend to suffer from mental illnesses other than alcoholism.  One of the most grating panhandlers I ever heard used to stand outside of Park Street station in Boston and chant ad nauseam "You gotta quarter," or in the Boston bray, "Ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah...."  So that's what you'd hear as you went down to the subway at Park Street at 8:30 in the morning.  Upon returning at 6:30, you'd hear: "Ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah, ya gotta quatah...."   She was a pitiable old woman to be sure, but that voice was like a bandsaw, it was like fingernails on the blackboard!

No humor intended. I'm just tired of being profiled.

No humor intended, eh?  Well, I'd have to profile you as...well, I can't say such things on this board!
:-X

Written By: danootaandme on 01/18/06 at 5:27 am

I worked on the Big Dig, so I got to know a couple of the regulars when over by Chinatown.  There was
one older guy who was pretty cool who rode his bike every day and would stop to chat.  Didn't panhandle though.  Said he was in the movie "Titticut Follies" and I don't doubt that since he seemed to have a wealth of knowledge about Bridgewater State Hospital  A lot of the people called "bums" are mentally ill, more than a few I would say have some form of autism.  I can see alot of the signs since I have an autistic child and am a bit knowledgable.  That is the sad side of it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/06 at 6:16 am

I worked on the Big Dig, so I got to know a couple of the regulars when over by Chinatown.  There was
one older guy who was pretty cool who rode his bike every day and would stop to chat.  Didn't panhandle though.  Said he was in the movie "Titticut Follies" and I don't doubt that since he seemed to have a wealth of knowledge about Bridgewater State Hospital  A lot of the people called "bums" are mentally ill, more than a few I would say have some form of autism.  I can see alot of the signs since I have an autistic child and am a bit knowledgable.  That is the sad side of it.

we watched that documentary in one of my psych classes....it was pretty sad and disturbing. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...