inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sylvia Brown WRONG AGAIN!!!

Written By: guest on 01/20/06 at 7:03 pm

Where has good ole Sylvia been lately with all the happing 2006 events lately??

Let's see,... does she predict celebrity deaths?? Guess not, marriage break ups..no...
ahhh..REAL news...Miners trapped:  Sylvia is heard on tape decribing miners being trapped and whether they would be dead or alive apparently left to the alive side..well....was it the first miner mishap where 99% DIED OR THE LATEST WHERE THEY ARE MISSING?

I talked with her once to ask if she ever referred people to other psychics if she couldn't get the answer from beyond and she told me how she knows the answers....(you figure, even if a doctor or car mechanic is stumped they pass you to someone a little more familiar), but noooo Sylvia says what she has are the answers..well YOU MISSED....

Subject: Re: Sylvia Brown WRONG AGAIN!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/20/06 at 10:56 pm

Sylvia is on the Montel show like every other day.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/21/06 at 4:33 am

Sylvia is on the Montel show like every other day.
Erin, totally off the topic here but I love the picture u have.. Is that a fairy or a goddess?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/21/06 at 8:18 am

Where has good ole Sylvia been lately with all the happing 2006 events lately??

Let's see,... does she predict celebrity deaths?? Guess not, marriage break ups..no...
ahhh..REAL news...Miners trapped:  Sylvia is heard on tape decribing miners being trapped and whether they would be dead or alive apparently left to the alive side..well....was it the first miner mishap where 99% DIED OR THE LATEST WHERE THEY ARE MISSING?

I talked with her once to ask if she ever referred people to other psychics if she couldn't get the answer from beyond and she told me how she knows the answers....(you figure, even if a doctor or car mechanic is stumped they pass you to someone a little more familiar), but noooo Sylvia says what she has are the answers..well YOU MISSED....
You don't really believe in any of that "psychic" bunk, do you?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/21/06 at 8:22 am

Erin, totally off the topic here but I love the picture u have.. Is that a fairy or a goddess?

thanks kelly...I think it is a fairy....it came up when I did a search for "fairy". ;)

Written By: guest on 01/21/06 at 12:22 pm

Nope- I was part of the other threads trying to point out almost every event in the news has never been well predicted so maybe the psychic market has gone soft due to scrutiny these days.. and oh yeah..where did David Blaine go after the critics realized he 'can't float in mid air' like his specials indicated(they were edited to look like he rose in the air)....

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/25/06 at 2:07 pm

I'm very skeptical about people who do it for money, but I think we are capable of more than we know.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/25/06 at 4:37 pm

I'm very skeptical about people who do it for money, but I think we are capable of more than we know.
I agree with you...I don't know about "psychic" abilities, but I definitely believe in intuition, or "hunches," or a "Spidey Sense," if you will. I've felt flashes of it on numerous occasions, and it's even saved my life once or twice.  No BS.
    Funny story about "telephone psychics:" My best friend once dated a girl who, after their first or second date, called up her "personal psychic" to ask about him. The psychic told her that he was the perfect guy for her, that she should hold on to him at all cost and that she eventually would marry him. She then told my friend what her psychic said, and naturally my friend got freaked out and immediately dumped her and never returned her calls.  ;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/25/06 at 4:42 pm

I agree with you...I don't know about "psychic" abilities, but I definitely believe in intuition, or "hunches," or a "Spidey Sense," if you will. I've felt flashes of it on numerous occasions, and it's even saved my life once or twice.  No BS.
    Funny story about "telephone psychics:" My best friend once dated a girl who, after their first or second date, called up her "personal psychic" to ask about him. The psychic told her that he was the perfect guy for her, that she should hold on to him at all cost and that she eventually would marry him. She then told my friend what her psychic said, and naturally my friend got freaked out and immediately dumped her and never returned her calls.  ;D

I agree.  I think telepathy is probably real, but clairvoyance is something that you can't really control, unless you have great mastery over your brain.  There's a lot we don't know yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...