inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is the concept of generations too generalized?

Written By: bbigd04 on 01/22/06 at 7:43 pm

With all the talk on here about diving people into certain categories based on when they were born, I've thought about the concept of generations in general and if it really makes any sense. The one probably I have with it is first of dividing by birth year is pretty inaccurate, let's say you put gen x as 1965-1981, so by that definition someone born in December 1981 is gen x, while somebody born in January '82 isn't and that really makes no sense at all. I really think the whole idea is too generalized because everybody's different and it's really hard to define people's tastes by the year that they were born. I mean I know 15 year old kids into '80s music, and 33 year olds into today's music more than '80s. Though a lot of people fit the stereotypes of their generation, many do not.

Subject: Re: Is the concept of generations too generalized?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/22/06 at 7:46 pm

With all the talk on here about diving people into certain categories based on when they were born, I've thought about the concept of generations in general and if it really makes any sense. The one probably I have with it is first of dividing by birth year is pretty inaccurate, let's say you put gen x as 1965-1981, so by that definition someone born in December 1981 is gen x, while somebody born in January '82 isn't and that really makes no sense at all. I really think the whole idea is too generalized because everybody's different and it's really hard to define people's tastes by the year that they were born. I mean I know 15 year old kids into '80s music, and 33 year olds into today's music more than '80s. Though a lot of people fit the stereotypes of their generation, many do not.

I think there's a core span of generations that makes you an absolute part of them (but of course you can split hairs there too), and then a gray zone.  For instance, somebody born in 1987 or 1990 is absolutely Gen X, but an '83er would depend on their personality.  Basically, there's around 10 "core years" and than ten years around that core period which blends in with the other.

I'd say, for Late 20th gens:

Boomers: 1946-1957 is absolute, 1958-1964 is grey period with X
Xers: 1965-1975 is absolute, 1976-1985 is grey with Y
Yers: 1986-1993 is absolute, 1994-2005 is grey with Z

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/22/06 at 8:21 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

^ I especially find this bit interesting, as you scroll down:

The "Anti-Y" Trend
To the contrary, many members of Generation Y show little or no interest in (in fact openly hate) their own music. An increasing trend among Generation Y members, (sometimes called the Anti-Y Movement) is to listen to rock that was around before they were born or popular while they were young. Bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, pre-Load Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (and Ozzy Osbourne), and Cream are common favorites, among many others. It can be expected that these members of generation Y will start bands that will evoke the style of these aforementioned bands than present day musicians, and may have a musical impact on the upcoming Generation Z.

(Slightly off-topic, but nevermind)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/22/06 at 9:06 pm

The "Anti-Y" Trend
To the contrary, many members of Generation Y show little or no interest in (in fact openly hate) their own music. An increasing trend among Generation Y members, (sometimes called the Anti-Y Movement) is to listen to rock that was around before they were born or popular while they were young. Bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, pre-Load Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (and Ozzy Osbourne), and Cream are common favorites, among many others. It can be expected that these members of generation Y will start bands that will evoke the style of these aforementioned bands than present day musicians, and may have a musical impact on the upcoming Generation Z.

I'm "Anti-Y".  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 01/22/06 at 9:23 pm

The "Anti-Y" Trend

That's how my one cousin is, he listens to mostly '80s stuff while I admittedly mainly listen to today's music. I guess I fall into the Y stereotype more than I think, lol.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/06 at 1:39 am

Yes.

One gripe I have is that the baby-boomers get credit for foudning the counter-culture of the 1960s.  Not so.  It was older hippies closer to my parents age, people born anywhere from 1937--1943 who really paved the way.  Those years are the latter stage of the so-called "Silent Generatin," not at all "Baby Boomers."

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/23/06 at 1:43 am

Yes.

One gripe I have is that the baby-boomers get credit for foudning the counter-culture of the 1960s.  Not so.  It was older hippies closer to my parents age, people born anywhere from 1937--1943 who really paved the way.  Those years are the latter stage of the so-called "Silent Generatin," not at all "Baby Boomers."

My grandmother, born in 1936 (and quite a hippie herself, than and now) was a hippy leader in the '60s I believe.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/23/06 at 4:16 pm

Yes.

Very true.

I'd consider myself "anti-Y", I listen to some current music, but the ones I listen to are themselves anti-Y. They are influenced by older rock n roll.

There seems to be quite a few anti-Yers among people born in the late 80s and early 90s. i.e. the "core" of the Generation. I knew lots of them in high school. We are just entering college now..I think that in another 3 or 4 years once we've been in college awhile(therefore got control of those radio stations, hehe), and have time for those musicians among us to come into their own, I think you may then see an explosion in classic rock-influenced music. It tried to take off in 2002/2003, but the world didn't seen quite ready. I think its still going to happen though, by the end of this decade. Probably 2008 or 2009.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/23/06 at 4:41 pm

Very true.

I'd consider myself "anti-Y", I listen to some current music, but the ones I listen to are themselves anti-Y. They are influenced by older rock n roll.

There seems to be quite a few anti-Yers among people born in the late 80s and early 90s. i.e. the "core" of the Generation. I knew lots of them in high school. We are just entering college now..I think that in another 3 or 4 years once we've been in college awhile(therefore got control of those radio stations, hehe), and have time for those musicians among us to come into their own, I think you may then see an explosion in classic rock-influenced music. It tried to take off in 2002/2003, but the world didn't seen quite ready. I think its still going to happen though, by the end of this decade. Probably 2008 or 2009.

People still love their grunge rock too much to accept a new wave of rock and roll.  Face it, Eddie Vedder wannabe, Nirvana was innovation in 1992, but now?  Not so much.  Between 2002 and 2005, there were so may innovative rock bands (White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, and dare I say The Darkness) that got some attention, then prompty faded into obscurity to Nickelback and Incubus.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/23/06 at 5:01 pm

People still love their grunge rock too much to accept a new wave of rock and roll.  Face it, Eddie Vedder wannabe, Nirvana was innovation in 1992, but now?  Not so much.  Between 2002 and 2005, there were so may innovative rock bands (White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, and dare I say The Darkness) that got some attention, then prompty faded into obscurity to Nickelback and Incubus.

Things change, dude. Right now its older Echo Boomers, who are on the cusp with Xers, who are making the music. In a few years real Echo Boomers will be doing it, and i think we will see some change. Besides in 1987, people were fine with hair metal but by 1990 people said "screw this" and grunge became popular.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/23/06 at 5:06 pm

Things change, dude. Right now its older Echo Boomers, who are on the cusp with Xers, who are making the music. In a few years real Echo Boomers will be doing it, and i think we will see some change. Besides in 1987, people were fine with hair metal but by 1990 people said "screw this" and grunge became popular.

Things have changing awful slow lately.  Hair metal lasted from like 1986 to 1990, which is only like five years, while Grunge began around 1991 and is still hot today.

It will pass soon though, I'd say around 2009 when, like you said, people around me and you's age born in the late '80s and early '90s start making music (actually I do make music!  ;D)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 01/23/06 at 5:37 pm

Yes.

The same can be said about the 80s.  The frontline Gen Xers that actually graduated high school in the 80s always claim to be the ones responsible for the culture of the 80s.  A bunch of high school kids?  Come on.  The younger Boomers that were born in the 1950s and early 60s were the ones responsible for "creating" the pop culture of the 80s.  High school kids through sheer numbers can control what is played on the radio, but they generally were not creating the music, TV shows and movies of the 80s.  (exceptions to teens like Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, New Edition and NKOTB ofcourse)

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/24/06 at 2:36 pm

Well to repeat what I've said before, the problem is that the term "Generation" has been too watered down and over generalized. A real generation is basically the span when the first of a group gets old enough to start having kids. That generation ends when their parents stop having kids and the next start having kids of their own. Roughly this is a span of 18-20 years.

Since the traditional end of the boomers is 1964 (which was signaled by the end of the babyboom-under 4mill), I put my generation between 1965 to 1985 (which coincides with the start of the echoboom in 86). 

Written By: sonikuu on 05/24/06 at 3:19 pm

Things have changing awful slow lately.  Hair metal lasted from like 1986 to 1990, which is only like five years, while Grunge began around 1991 and is still hot today.

It will pass soon though, I'd say around 2009 when, like you said, people around me and you's age born in the late '80s and early '90s start making music (actually I do make music!  ;D)

Actually, Hair Metal lasted a bit longer than that.  Quiet Riot came out in 1983, Twisted Sister in 1984, etc.  It had actually been around for some time by 1986.  Also, 70's bands like Kiss are, in many ways, the forerunners of Hair Metal similiar to how the Grunge bands were the forerunners of Modern Rock.  Hair Metal also lasted well into the 90's.  Def Leppard's 1992 album Adrenalize was the top selling album for several weeks!

I don't see what you mean by Grunge still being hot though.  I don't see people wearing the stereotypical Grunge clothes (flannel, etc.) and the amount of people who listen to Grunge at my school is a small minority, with most the Anti-Ys preferring Classic Rock.  I don't see how Grunge is still "hot" today.  True, Post Grunge is still around, but it is a very small music style in comparision with only a couple bands, like Nickelback, still playing that style of music.  Their fans are mainly older too, as I know very few teenagers who would admit to liking Nickelback.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/24/06 at 4:41 pm

Actually, Hair Metal lasted a bit longer than that.  Quiet Riot came out in 1983, Twisted Sister in 1984, etc.  It had actually been around for some time by 1986.  Also, 70's bands like Kiss are, in many ways, the forerunners of Hair Metal similiar to how the Grunge bands were the forerunners of Modern Rock.  Hair Metal also lasted well into the 90's.  Def Leppard's 1992 album Adrenalize was the top selling album for several weeks!

I don't see what you mean by Grunge still being hot though.  I don't see people wearing the stereotypical Grunge clothes (flannel, etc.) and the amount of people who listen to Grunge at my school is a small minority, with most the Anti-Ys preferring Classic Rock.  I don't see how Grunge is still "hot" today.  True, Post Grunge is still around, but it is a very small music style in comparision with only a couple bands, like Nickelback, still playing that style of music.  Their fans are mainly older too, as I know very few teenagers who would admit to liking Nickelback.

In the most extended sense, Hair Metal lasted from 1983 to 1993, and Grunge lasted from 2001 to the present.

You're right that Grunge is pretty dead though. Most of the fans are older.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/06 at 9:24 pm

I have heard people say a generation is 18 years exactly, or 20 years exactly. I don't think you can put a number on it. There really was a post-war "baby boom" resulting in sense of unity among people known as "baby boomers." This too goes back to marketing. In the 1960s there were so many more teenagers than there ever were before it made sense to market media to "youth culture."
Furthermore, the boomers came of age in a time of cultural upheaval, some positive (civil rights), some negative (Vietnam), either way, when Bob Dylan sang "The times they are a-changing," it was undeniable.

You may have heard the term the "generation gap." The generation gap in the 1960s was caused by:
a. A marketable youth culture.
b. The radical social and political changes taking place.
No, listening to the Beatles, dropping acid, and going to Woodstock did not end the Vietnam war in spite of the delusions the boomers still have, but the hippies, the young people, were certainly passionate in their opposition to that war, and they did believe in an end to racism, in women's rights, and a more tolerant and open-minded world view than their parents did. Even liberal-minded parents, such as my mother's parents, were quite baffled by "the kids," and there was a great need among young people to distinguish their values from their parents' values.

Not so in my generation. I wished there was. I believed in the progressive social gains made in the 1960s, but the sell-out of the hippies to the yuppies disgusted me. So long as you marched against the war, smoked pot, and listened to Hendrix anything you did after was hip, groovy, enlightened including getting MBA, a BMW, and a Wall Street gig.  Meanwhile, my generation maturing in the Reagan Administration became apolitical and myopic when they needed most to beware of the evils at hand.
I saw the best minds of my generation...uh, go unused.
:P

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/24/06 at 11:37 pm

I have heard people say a generation is 18 years exactly, or 20 years exactly. I don't think you can put a number on it. There really was a post-war "baby boom" resulting in sense of unity among people known as "baby boomers." This too goes back to marketing. In the 1960s there were so many more teenagers than there ever were before it made sense to market media to "youth culture."
Furthermore, the boomers came of age in a time of cultural upheaval, some positive (civil rights), some negative (Vietnam), either way, when Bob Dylan sang "The times they are a-changing," it was undeniable.

You may have heard the term the "generation gap." The generation gap in the 1960s was caused by:
a. A marketable youth culture.
b. The radical social and political changes taking place.
No, listening to the Beatles, dropping acid, and going to Woodstock did not end the Vietnam war in spite of the delusions the boomers still have, but the hippies, the young people, were certainly passionate in their opposition to that war, and they did believe in an end to racism, in women's rights, and a more tolerant and open-minded world view than their parents did. Even liberal-minded parents, such as my mother's parents, were quite baffled by "the kids," and there was a great need among young people to distinguish their values from their parents' values.

Not so in my generation. I wished there was. I believed in the progressive social gains made in the 1960s, but the sell-out of the hippies to the yuppies disgusted me. So long as you marched against the war, smoked pot, and listened to Hendrix anything you did after was hip, groovy, enlightened including getting MBA, a BMW, and a Wall Street gig.  Meanwhile, my generation maturing in the Reagan Administration became apolitical and myopic when they needed most to beware of the evils at hand.
I saw the best minds of my generation...uh, go unused.  :P

Actually the "Generation Gap" was the Beat or Silent Generation (1925-1945)

They were the ones who went from Golly gee teenagers to those wicked rock and rollers. It was this generation that produced The Beatles, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendricks, Bob Dylan, and I believe the Rolling Stones.

Every other Generation has had 18-20 years spans including the Progressive,Missionary, Lost, GI, Silent, and Boomer. While one might say that generations are suddenly getting shorter, then why are the Y's or Milli's given their full span as well? No, the accumulative experience of a generation last a lifetime. One of the things that really bugs me here is that generations have become another way of saying fad or pop trends.

I was born in 1976 which means that most consider me GenX . By the same token every here agrees that our time ended in 1997. Sorry, but I was 20\21 in 1997 so I wasn't ready to call it quits and say that my usefulness as a human being was over. And this year I have been given a fantastic job that will really impact and improve my community, and I haven't even turned 30 yet so I'm still not ready to give up. An tonight Taylor Hicks just proved that someone my age can still pull it off.   

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:35 am

The "Anti-Y" Trend

I'm something of a hipster in that respect. I avoid mainstream rock/pop for the most part because alot of it is banal - I'm not just saying so because I'm a slob. But I love current alternative/indie music as much as Classic Rock - so my tastes gravitate for to current semi-mainstream stuff like Mercury Rev, Sarah Blasko, Architecture.etc, as well as some popular groups like Coldplay. I love 60s/70s rock also because I'm in love with the era and the mythology of the times.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:37 am

Yes, I think that's true...One cannot pigeonhole people's cultural affinities by their time of birth...but there are trends...For example mid to late Gen Yers like those born in 1990 are generally into emo, wheres you see few Xers are into emo. I know it's messy, but we need to make some generation to really make any sense of it all. We need to have some classifications, and it just happens age is the most convenient one.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 2:39 am

Yes, I think that's true...One cannot pigeonhole people's cultural affinities by their time of birth...but there are trends...For example mid to late Gen Yers like those born in 1990 are generally into emo, wheres you see few Xers are into emo. I know it's messy, but we need to make some generation to really make any sense of it all. We need to have some classifications, and it just happens age is the most convenient one.

It's just hard to cut off at a specific year, so I'll usually try to say around 1965-1981 is gen y, so if you're close to that, you can possibly be either. There is no exact range really.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:40 am

It's just hard to cut off at a specific year, so I'll usually try to say around 1965-1981 is gen y, so if you're close to that, you can possibly be either. There is no exact range really.

What 'marker' occured in 1982 to divide Gen X from Gen Y? I think it's supposed to be birthed on birth rates. Since birth-rate peaks tend to come and go, it seems 82 saw the slide of a 'down' period. That's what I think anyway, do you know how they're classified?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 2:44 am

What 'marker' occured in 1982 to divide Gen X from Gen Y? I think it's supposed to be birthed on birth rates. Since birth-rate peaks tend to come and go, it seems 82 saw the slide of a 'down' period. That's what I think anyway, do you know how they're classified?

I have a couple reason for saying 1982 is generally gen y, first they were under 16 in 1997 when gen y culture began so pretty much they came of age during the so called gen y era, also they graduated in the '00s (2000) or 2001 for late '82ers. 1981ers are probably somewhat gen yish too, but 1982 is probably the first true gen y year.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:46 am

I have a couple reason for saying 1982 is generally gen y, first they were under 16 in 1997 when gen y culture began so pretty much they came of age during the so called gen y era, also they graduated in the '00s (2000) or 2001 for late '82ers. 1981ers are probably somewhat gen yish too, but 1982 is probably the first true gen y year.

I've heard Gen Y being classified from as early as 1979 onwards. I'm not too sure about early gen Y, but I feel that the Gen Y cutoff should be the early 90s: probably about 1992, the 'Pokemon' era. If you were young enough to really be swept up in the Pokemon, Neopets, Harry Potter craze then you're really very early Gen Z or Z- cusp.

I associate people born in 1981-82 like Britney, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce.etc with Gen Y culture in many ways as well...

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 2:51 am

I've heard Gen Y being classified from as early as 1979 onwards. I'm not too sure about early gen Y, but I feel that the Gen Y cutoff should be the early 90s: probably about 1992, the 'Pokemon' era. If you were young enough to really be swept up in the Pokemon, Neopets, Harry Potter craze then you're really very early Gen Z or Z- cusp.

I associate people born in 1981-82 like Britney, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce.etc with Gen Y culture in many ways as well...

They're entertainers of the '00s, but that doesn't mean they're gen yers. I think gen y ends around the mid '90s. Harry Potter/Pokemon were out in the late '90s, so a lot of even early '90s born kids were probably into that stuff, people my age really weren't so much we were a little bit old for it. I think that stuff is late gen y stuff, and not gen z.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 2:53 am

They're entertainers of the '00s, but that doesn't mean they're gen yers. I think gen y ends around the mid '90s. Harry Potter/Pokemon were out in the late '90s, so a lot of even early '90s born kids were probably into that stuff, people my age really weren't so much we were a little bit old for it. I think that stuff is late gen y stuff, and not gen z.

Then what should be the biggest dividing line between Gen Y and Gen Z? Those who grew up with the internet, mobile phones.etc before they reached aged 10? I don't see myself having much in common at all with someone born in 1996 or even 1993.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:05 am

Then what should be the biggest dividing line between Gen Y and Gen Z? Those who grew up with the internet, mobile phones.etc before they reached aged 10? I don't see myself having much in common at all with someone born in 1996 or even 1993.

I don't really either, but of course those kids are so young still so that's part of the reason. I don't really know what the true line is, partly because gen z really is still too young to be defined. I guess when we see changes in pop culture then we'll be able to see the divide clearer. Late Xers don't have much in common with early xers either, but since they probably have more in common with Gen X than Gen Y, they're considered gen xers.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:09 am

I don't really either, but of course those kids are so young still so that's part of the reason. I don't really know what the true line is, partly because gen z really is still too young to be defined. I guess when we see changes in pop culture then we'll be able to see the divide clearer. Late Xers don't have much in common with early xers either, but since they probably have more in common with Gen X than Gen Y, they're considered gen xers.

I feel the greatest affinity with people born about 1984-1990: the peak Gen Y period was 1987-1990: probably characterised by experiencing the shift from a video arcade, pizza parlour sort of culture to the Internet, chat-rooms.etc.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:11 am

I feel the greatest affinity with people born about 1984-1990: the peak Gen Y period was 1987-1990: probably characterised by experiencing the shift from a video arcade, pizza parlour sort of culture to the Internet, chat-rooms.etc.

My immediate generation is about the same 1984-90.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:17 am

My immediate generation is about the same 1984-90.

When I come to think of it, those born in 1985 seem significantly older than my year. They seem almost like late Gen Xers in a way. So in that sense I think I relate more with 88ers than 84ers, mostly the period 1985-1988.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:19 am

When I come to think of it, those born in 1985 seem significantly older than my year. They seem almost like late Gen Xers in a way. So in that sense I think I relate more with 88ers than 84ers, mostly the period 1985-1988.

They do seem a bit older, but I consider them very close to me, they were only a grade or two ahead of me in school. 1984 starts seeming a lot older, but still quite close to my age.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:22 am

They do seem a bit older, but I consider them very close to me, they were only a grade or two ahead of me in school. 1984 starts seeming a lot older, but still quite close to my age.

But it's still sort of surprising someone like Britney would have lived some of their teen years in the very early 00s: so they're actually pretty young in that aspect. The quintissential GenXers lived their 20s through the 90s, and started settling down and having a family, or climbing up the corporate ladder and becoming a rich yuppie in the 21st century. I think the quintissential Yers will be the mobile young professionals of the 2000s and 2010s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:25 am

But it's still sort of surprising someone like Britney would have lived some of their teen years in the very early 00s: so they're actually pretty young in that aspect. The quintissential GenXers lived their 20s through the 90s, and started settling down and having a family, or climbing up the corporate ladder and becoming a rich yuppie in the 21st century. I think the quintissential Yers will be the mobile young professionals of the 2000s and 2010s.

Britney is a late '81er, she certainly has some gen y in her, people around her age are kind of on the fence.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:27 am

Britney is a late '81er, she certainly has some gen y in her, people around her age are kind of on the fence.

Yeah...pity I don't know alot of Gen Xers at all...

Someone born in 1982 will be/have turned 24 this year...which is near mid-twenties, which is nearly thirty!

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:29 am

Yeah...pity I don't know alot of Gen Xers at all...

Someone born in 1982 will be/have turned 24 this year...which is near mid-twenties, which is nearly thirty!

I know a number of them. My sister and her husband are 72ers, very gen x definitely. Her husband likes all that death metal stuff. My one cousin was born in 1980, I definitely relate to him a lot more, but he's still more of an xer I think.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/25/06 at 12:34 pm

The people I most relate to are people born within 3 years of me. Mostly people born in 1984-1990.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 3:34 pm

1986-1992 is the only yearspan that's 100% Gen Y. 1981-1985 is on the fence with X, 1993-1996 on the fence with Z. Real Gen Y is late '80s, early '90s.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/25/06 at 3:40 pm

1986-1992 is the only yearspan that's 100% Gen Y. 1981-1985 is on the fence with X, 1993-1996 on the fence with Z. Real Gen Y is late '80s, early '90s.

Yeah, the only group that is absolute Y IMO is 1986-1990. Even those born in 1991+ have a little Z in them.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 3:58 pm

Yeah, the only group that is absolute Y IMO is 1986-1990. Even those born in 1991+ have a little Z in them.

Maybe a bit of Z tendency, but I think 1991ers and 1992ers are pretty Y.

Check for new replies or respond here...