inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trailer Park Boys

Written By: McDonald on 01/24/06 at 1:16 pm

I was surprised not to have tracked down a previous thread about this. What a great show. It's hilarious! Bubbles is my favourite character, by far. Too bad I never get to see it (no cable)... but there's always DVD.

Anyone else a fan of this show... You Canadians, show yourselves!

Subject: Re: Trailer Park Boys

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/24/06 at 2:13 pm

I kind of like that show.

Written By: McDonald on 01/24/06 at 3:40 pm

I kind of like that show.

I think that's a general feeling. Many people see it and either don't know what to make of it, or are unwilling to pay the attention it needs to get the humour.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/06 at 4:34 pm

It is a weird show, but truly Canadian.  I have only seen it a few times.

That one dude with the thick glasses recently recorded a re-make of the Rush song 'Closer to the Heart' with Geddy Lee (of Rush) and Ed Robertson (of Barenaked Ladies)

Written By: limblifter on 01/24/06 at 4:46 pm

One of my favourite shows on TV. Trailer park supervisor Jim Lahey is my favourite character. I own all of the seasons on DVD, and I can't wait till their feature length film comes out this summer :)

Written By: McDonald on 01/25/06 at 11:39 am

One of my favourite shows on TV. Trailer park supervisor Jim Lahey is my favourite character. I own all of the seasons on DVD, and I can't wait till their feature length film comes out this summer :)

Holy Crap, I had no idea there was going to be a TPB film. Awesome.

Jim Lahey is funny, with his gay lover and pensive daughter at his side (who can beat that?).

Written By: McDonald on 02/15/06 at 12:19 pm

I'm in the middle of a TPB frenzy. I've been watching it on DVD. It's incredible. There could never be a show like this in the States. I'm also amazed at how accomplished many of the actors are.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/images/genre/comedy_games/trailer_park_boys/tpb_photo_bubbles.jpg
No kitty of mine's gonna be sleepin' in a f**kin' car!

Check for new replies or respond here...