inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Arctic Monkeys?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/26/06 at 2:34 am

Who are these guys, like White Stripes-like?  And why did they sell so many albums so quickly?

Subject: Re: Arctic Monkeys?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/06 at 2:35 am

All I know is that they are number one in the UK Singles Charts with When The Sun Goes Down

Written By: karen on 01/26/06 at 3:31 am

They have their own website and somehow people got to hear about their music via this site.  They became popular by allowing people to download their music rather than releasing CDs.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/26/06 at 6:38 pm

Pretty good, I've heard their whole album. Good to see bands such as them actually making a dent in the big charts (and even achieving number 1!)  8)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/26/06 at 8:53 pm

They have their own website and somehow people got to hear about their music via this site.  They became popular by allowing people to download their music rather than releasing CDs.

I've been doing my own Internet tactics to support my band  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/26/06 at 9:42 pm

The Arctic Monkeys are a pretty good group.  I doubt if their CD/success will ever see light of day over here  :\'(

Written By: Criz on 01/27/06 at 6:46 am

They have done amazingly well, and have proved that downloading does help record sales. I much prefer their first single to their latest number 1 hit though.

'There aint no love no, Montagues and Capults...just banging tunes and DJ sets...'

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/28/06 at 7:48 am

Apparently their CD made it to number 5 in the latest NME best of list.  ::)

Hey, it's a fantastic album, but #5 best British debut ever? I think it's a bit early to make that call (the disk has only been out a week!)

Written By: paradisecity on 01/29/06 at 1:33 pm

Only my opinion but I think they're trying to attempt to be original, trying to be the old Oasis. I don't really like their music or the band members much...Good for them if they're getting popular but I'll be avoiding them.

Check for new replies or respond here...