inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Matchbox Twenty

Written By: Carl on 01/26/06 at 9:29 am

This is a pretty good band, that song 'Real World' is very enjoyable to listen to. The single with Santana was a great mix as well/

Is Rob Thomas still with the group? I know he did a solo CD a year ago.

Subject: Re: Matchbox Twenty

Written By: nally on 01/26/06 at 3:33 pm

Hmm...i'm not sure. I know Rob Thomas had some solo hits last year... haven't heard anything new from the band since "Bright Lights" in 2003. :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/06 at 6:13 pm

Rob mentioned that the solo bit was just temporary.

I don't know what the other 19 guys are doing in the meantime though.  I understand that some of them resented Rob;s fame, but it is the same old story of a successful band... If it were not for Rob Thomas and that one guitar/banjo guy, the other 18 would be playing Bar Mitvahs wearing crushed velvet suits.  :P

Written By: nally on 01/26/06 at 10:11 pm

[quote author=Ły

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/27/06 at 1:10 am

Matchbox were a big band, circa 2000. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/06 at 5:42 am

Nineteen guys?? ;D I think there are only five people in the band, including Rob. ::)

Heh heh... I wondered if somebody would catch that.  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/27/06 at 8:16 pm

True. They began climbing the charts in 1997, with their single "Push." Their debut album, Yourself Or Someone Like You, also contained the hits "3 AM", "Real World", and "Back 2 Good."

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/06 at 12:38 am

You can't call them Matchbox.  There was a late 70's early 80's UK band who had that name.  LOL

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/28/06 at 9:47 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/24/06 at 2:39 pm

I first took note of them during the late 90's with 3am. I like the various musical styles of the band but it seems to be that Rob Thomas is limited vocally. I do like a couple of his songs though.

Check for new replies or respond here...