inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tom Cruise.

Written By: Gis on 01/30/06 at 9:25 am

Now he is a man I have never liked, but this last bit of celeb gossip if it is true, is unbelievable.

Apparently for Katie's birthday he gave her a bespoke set of all his films on DVD !?! Is there no end to the man's arrogance?? Mind you I guess she is too young to have seen alot of them. ;D   

Subject: Re: Tom Cruise.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/06 at 11:22 am

I can't stand the guy either. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/30/06 at 12:05 pm

I must admit that I liked Tom Cruise when he did Risky Business but over the years he had just gotten more and more obnoxious and arrogant.  I think that Nicole is SOOOOO much better off without him. I really do believe that he surpressed her career and what happened after they split? She won an Oscar (he never did).

I feel bad for Katie. Maybe someday she will wise up.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 12:09 pm

Tom Cruise is an ass-clown.  He's like this Mr. Big time movie star.  Hell, there are millions of actors who can act better than he can  ::)

I only really liked him in Legend.  I liked a few of his other movies, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them

Written By: Watcher29 on 01/30/06 at 12:20 pm

I like a few of his movies, but the man himself has never been one of my favorite people.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/30/06 at 2:13 pm

Now he is a man I have never liked, but this last bit of celeb gossip if it is true, is unbelievable.

Apparently for Katie's birthday he gave her a bespoke set of all his films on DVD !?! Is there no end to the man's arrogance?? Mind you I guess she is too young to have seen alot of them. ;D   

What is it with people's hatred for history? This is the fourth topic I've seen that just has an essense of pure intolerance for love of historical arts.  "He wouldn't have listened to that song, it was written before he was born."  "How could you like Andy Griffith, you're only 20 years old!".  Where is it written that I, born in 1985 can't enjoy music from the 1960's?  Why do I feel such a force to be subjected only to "my" era of culture?  Are reruns only for those who experienced the entertainment at the time, or are they not for new generations to enjoy as well?  My radio dial is tuned to "Oldies" and it'll stay there.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/30/06 at 2:15 pm

I must admit that I liked Tom Cruise when he did Risky Business but over the years he had just gotten more and more obnoxious and arrogant.  I think that Nicole is SOOOOO much better off without him. I really do believe that he surpressed her career and what happened after they split? She won an Oscar (he never did).

Cat

To call the cookie sweet but not the candy bar?  Nicole Kidman is just as arrogant and full of herself if not a lot more than Tom Cruise.  Thinking of all the "good" deeds each has done, more is the word for Cruise and not as many the word for Kidman.

Written By: livinonthe80s on 01/30/06 at 2:46 pm

Tom Cruise is nothing special, working at FBO at the airport in Oakland, CA, I saw Tom walking fast down the stairs from a private jet to his limo not even knowing that was him until my co worker mentioned it to me.  Now if Nicole was by his side, that would have been special!!! :o 
Heard there are rumors of Tom being gay and his female relationships are just a cover up.  Don't know, just something I have been told by a relative that used to be a intern at a LA entertainment TV show.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/30/06 at 4:32 pm

He has an ego problem....  ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 01/30/06 at 5:31 pm

Tom Cruise is nothing special, working at FBO at the airport in Oakland, CA, I saw Tom walking fast down the stairs from a private jet to his limo not even knowing that was him until my co worker mentioned it to me.  Now if Nicole was by his side, that would have been special!!! :o 
Heard there are rumors of Tom being gay and his female relationships are just a cover up.  Don't know, just something I have been told by a relative that used to be a intern at a LA entertainment TV show.

it's one thing to not like somebody, another to call someone a homosexual when it is not true.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/06 at 5:35 am

it's one thing to not like somebody, another to call someone a homosexual when it is not true.

Well it may or may not be true.  I have a friend in the movie business in L.A., and my sister is in the music
industry and there are alot of people living dual lives.  It took me a long time to believe that Rock Hudson
was gay.  "Did you hear about Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors?"  I waited for the punchline, seriously, for a
couple of years, until Rock admitted to having aids. If he isn't so what, if he is so what, if he is and is putting
on a big show to counter the argument, well then he is doing a lot of emotional damage to at least one very young
seemingly naive person, and that is not right.

Written By: Gis on 01/31/06 at 6:03 am

What is it with people's hatred for history? This is the fourth topic I've seen that just has an essense of pure intolerance for love of historical arts.  "He wouldn't have listened to that song, it was written before he was born."  "How could you like Andy Griffith, you're only 20 years old!".  Where is it written that I, born in 1985 can't enjoy music from the 1960's?  Why do I feel such a force to be subjected only to "my" era of culture?  Are reruns only for those who experienced the entertainment at the time, or are they not for new generations to enjoy as well?  My radio dial is tuned to "Oldies" and it'll stay there.

Well I figure maybe there is something in the saying that Americans don't get the British sense of humour................Harmonica sweetie, that last sentance of mine,it was a JOKE !!!
Hence the laughing face afterwards.
My overall point was my own incredulity for a man who could buy his girlfriend his own movies for her birthday, I mean that has to be someone who loves themselves *so* much.

Good god, you really couldn't have insulted me more by implying I am intolerant of history or historical performing arts.For the record I work in one of the world's most famous libraries because I love history and books. I have never, and would never say somone shouldn't enjoy classics whatever their form and anyone who does think like that quite frankly is a prat !
I am actually at a loss to see how you could have made your assumption from my original post. It's almost like you wilfully misinterpret people just to be able to have a rant.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/06 at 7:04 am

Well I figure maybe there is something in the saying that Americans don't get the British sense of humour................Harmonica sweetie, that last sentance of mine,it was a JOKE !!!
My overall point was my own incredulity for a man who could buy his girlfriend his own movies for her birthday, I mean that has to be someone who loves themselves *so* much.

Good god, you really couldn't have insulted me more by implying I am intolerant of history or historical performing arts.For the record I work in one of the world's most famous libraries because I love history and books. I have never, and would never say somone shouldn't enjoy classics whatever their form and anyone who does think like that quite frankly is a prat !
I am actually at a loss to see how you could have made your assumption from my original post. It's almost like you wilfully misinterpret people just to be able to have a rant.

It isn't so much the American not getting the British joke.  Harmonica can be what my mother called "touchy".  I am envious of you
having access to the library that you work in.  I am a very big fan of libraries.  When I go away on a trip I always stop in at the local
library just to have a look. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/06 at 8:31 am

I am afraid that both him and Sean Penn, are becoming humorless blobs. If their egos get any bigger, they won't be able to fit in the own heads anymore.  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/06 at 8:32 am

I saw the South Park episode that made fun of him recently. It was funny!  ;D

I am glad that people around like Matt and Trey, who are not afraid to make of celebrites, and the silly things they do.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 01/31/06 at 10:35 am

I am envious of you having access to the library that you work in.  I am a very big fan of libraries.  When I go away on a trip I always stop in at the local
library just to have a look. 
I love it, mind you it's not so much fun at the moment as it is term time and we are flat out busy so no time to sit and read *sigh*  ;)

Written By: karen on 01/31/06 at 10:41 am

I love it, mind you it's not so much fun at the moment as it is term time and we are flat out busy so no time to sit and read *sigh*  ;)

those darn students.  Working at a university would be all right if it wasn't for them!!

Written By: Harmonica on 01/31/06 at 11:15 am

Don't call me sweetie and tell me I can't enjoy a song that was released before I was born, or a television show that has been off the air 15 years prior to my birth.  You said, "well it was BEFORE she was born"  So F'N what? She can watch Charlie Chaplin films if she wants to.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/31/06 at 12:40 pm

IT WAS A JOKE!!!!  Noone was saying you can't enjoy whatever you want.  IT WAS A JOKE!!!!  Lighten up, man!  IT WAS A JOKE!!!!  TC is old enough to be her father.  IT WAS A JOKE!!!!

A teen father at the most.  Tell me to lighten up? Hey, I'm still smiling, funny looking smile you got, looks more like a frown.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/06 at 2:07 pm

Please you two, don't start again.    ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/06 at 4:57 pm

Don't call me sweetie and tell me I can't enjoy a song that was released before I was born, or a television show that has been off the air 15 years prior to my birth.  You said, "well it was BEFORE she was born"  So F'N what? She can watch Charlie Chaplin films if she wants to.

holy crap..it's only Tom Cruise...nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.  It was joke...nothing was meant to be offensive...end of story. ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 01/31/06 at 5:38 pm

holy crap..it's only Tom Cruise...nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.  It was joke...nothing was meant to be offensive...end of story. ::)

I suppose the assassination of a president wasn't meant to be a politcal statement. 

Written By: jaytee on 01/31/06 at 5:58 pm

I think Tom Cruise is very creepy.  I don't find anything about him attractive :P

Written By: jaytee on 01/31/06 at 5:59 pm

I suppose the assassination of a president wasn't meant to be a politcal statement. 

For goodness sake - get a grip!  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/06 at 6:01 pm

Huh?  ???

Once again, you have manage to take a thread WAY off topic. We were talking about how Tom Cruise has a big ego and is so full of himself and why that seems to bother you, I have no idea. Tom Cruise is a public figure-like many others whether they be celebrities or political figures. The KNOW that once they hit the public, they are subject to ridicule as well as praise. That is just part of the territory. But you seem to be taking this too personally. I agree with Crazymom, you need to lighten up. Unless you just like to argue and find ANYTHING to argue about. And if that is the case, you seem to be doing a good job with it.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/06 at 6:15 pm

Huh?   ???

Once again, you have manage to take a thread WAY off topic. We were talking about how Tom Cruise has a big ego and is so full of himself and why that seems to bother you, I have no idea. Tom Cruise is a public figure-like many others whether they be celebrities or political figures. The KNOW that once they hit the public, they are subject to ridicule as well as praise. That is just part of the territory. But you seem to be taking this too personally. I agree with Crazymom, you need to lighten up. Unless you just like to argue and find ANYTHING to argue about. And if that is the case, you seem to be doing a good job with it.

Cat

I agree with Cat...this thread wasn't meant to start anything political...if you want to argue...go to the political board.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/31/06 at 8:01 pm

Apparently I'm in the minority, I like Tom Cruise.  He's usually a pretty good actor, he takes on a wide variety of roles in my opinion, some are better then others.  I read somewhere that he often helps local causes where he's shooting films, in one instance putting money in a can for a sick kid at the local Dairy Queen where he was filming, although it was probably his assistant, I can't imagine him getting his own food.  But anyways, I wonder if what is perceived as his arrogance, is about defending himself about not being gay (which would have a tremendous effect on getting romantic leads).  I'm sure the DVDs weren't the only thing he did for her birthday, for goodness sake, he bought a freakin' sonogram machine when she got preggers, and is donating to some clinic that needs it after they have the baby. 

I like him as an actor, and really haven't seen anything that shows me he is evil incarnate.  He has some really strong religous beliefs that I don't happen to agree with and he has insulted people in the name of his religion.  There *are* other religions that do the same thing (insult people) because they don't happen to agree with their teachings.  He probably went too far lately in alot of his public dealings, but that is his perogative.

I think it's amazing he's done 33 films in 25 years, alot of them quality.  I, myself, can't even imagine being away from my family for that long.  Each movie (except for Eyes wide shut which took over a year of filming) usually takes about 3 or 4 months to film.

Anyways, I guess I've probably overstated my point, but I think he's ok, just about as good as any other Hollywood actor who has been in the business that long.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/31/06 at 10:04 pm

She has to.  Can anyone really imagine her staying with him forever?  She's what, 23, 24?  She'll leave him way before she hits 30.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/31/06 at 10:12 pm

If he isn't so what, if he is so what, if he is and is putting
on a big show to counter the argument, well then he is doing a lot of emotional damage to at least one very young
seemingly naive person, and that is not right.

I don't think Katie's all that naive.  I'm sure if this is the "arrangement" many rumor it to be, she knew exactly what she was doing when she agreed to it.  This gives her exposure that she likely wouldn't have gotten otherwise.  She is not a sexpot type like many of the more popular actresses in her age group, and the public seems to want that.  Whether or not he is gay -- and I find it easy to believe he is -- she did this to get her face out there.  Definitely not for love.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 1:25 am

Huh?   ???

Cat

whoa now we're back to being serious again.  You need to make up your mind. 

It doesn't bother me that he's being ridiculed, even Jesus was hated.  Only thing that's bothered me is I was told that in round about way I couldn't enjoy historical arts and people actually calling Tom Cruise a homosexual, which he is not.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 1:26 am

Apparently I'm in the minority, I like Tom Cruise.  He's usually a pretty good actor, he takes on a wide variety of roles in my opinion, some are better then others.  I read somewhere that he often helps local causes where he's shooting films, in one instance putting money in a can for a sick kid at the local Dairy Queen where he was filming, although it was probably his assistant, I can't imagine him getting his own food.  But anyways, I wonder if what is perceived as his arrogance, is about defending himself about not being gay (which would have a tremendous effect on getting romantic leads).  I'm sure the DVDs weren't the only thing he did for her birthday, for goodness sake, he bought a freakin' sonogram machine when she got preggers, and is donating to some clinic that needs it after they have the baby. 

I like him as an actor, and really haven't seen anything that shows me he is evil incarnate.  He has some really strong religous beliefs that I don't happen to agree with and he has insulted people in the name of his religion.  There *are* other religions that do the same thing (insult people) because they don't happen to agree with their teachings.  He probably went too far lately in alot of his public dealings, but that is his perogative.

I think it's amazing he's done 33 films in 25 years, alot of them quality.  I, myself, can't even imagine being away from my family for that long.  Each movie (except for Eyes wide shut which took over a year of filming) usually takes about 3 or 4 months to film.

Anyways, I guess I've probably overstated my point, but I think he's ok, just about as good as any other Hollywood actor who has been in the business that long.

In the minority yes, alone no.

Written By: Gis on 02/01/06 at 5:04 am

It doesn't bother me that he's being ridiculed, even Jesus was hated.  Only thing that's bothered me is I was told that in round about way I couldn't enjoy historical arts and people actually calling Tom Cruise a homosexual, which he is not.
Ok lets get this straight  I did *NOT* tell anyone and CERTAINLY not you personally that you can't enjoy 'historical arts' as you call them. I notice you managed to completely ignore when I made exactly that same point in my other post.It was a joke hence the smiley face.

For the love of god, (and you are not alone in that either, though you act as if you are the only christian on these boards.) It was a joke, I sure even Jesus cracked a few of those in his time !

Oh and sorry if the 'sweetie' offended you I call everyone sweetie even people who seem to have had a sense of humour bypass !

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/06 at 5:19 am

For the love of god, (and you are not alone in that either, though you act as if you are the only christian on these boards.) It was a joke, I sure even Jesus cracked a few of those in his time !

{http://theoldbill.typepad.com/photos/images_of_jesus/laughing_jesus2.JPG}

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 12:16 pm

Ok lets get this straight  I did *NOT* tell anyone and CERTAINLY not you personally that you can't enjoy 'historical arts' as you call them. I notice you managed to completely ignore when I made exactly that same point in my other post.It was a joke hence the smiley face.

Oh and sorry if the 'sweetie' offended you I call everyone sweetie even people who seem to have had a sense of humour bypass !

Well sorta why I said round about.  Jesus laughed, not sure if it was jokes, but he moments of laughter. 

I took 7th place outta 25 people one time in a stand up comedy contest. Shoulda gotten higher, but the talent was good.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 12:19 pm

How many people have to tell you IT WAS A JOKE for it to set in?  And, he might be gay.  It wouldn't be the first time a "ladies man" was later found to be gay.....Rock Hudson anyone?
IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!  IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!  IT WAS A JOKE!!!!  IT WAS A JOKE!!!  IT WAS A JOKE!!   IT WAS A JOKE! 

You might be a lesbian. You might be a former man who had a sex change.  You might be Ted Bundy resurected in flesh and blood. I'd like to see you laugh when people make jokes in the manner.  You could be a pedophile.  You still laughing?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 12:44 pm

Tom Cruise isn't that bad.  I mean, a lot of celebrities have fallen more, and even if he fell to the lowest point he'd still be a good entertainer. Scientology is BS, but there's no reason people shouldn't be allowed to believe in what I label BS.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 12:50 pm

Well, let's see, I'm too old to be Ted Bundy resurrected....yeah, I could be a pedophile, but people who know me would be laughing at that accusation.  A former man who had a sex change?  Not possible since I've given birth 3 times.  A lesbian?  That is possible, but if I wasn't, it wouldn't bother me because I have nothing against lesbians and I've been called MUCH worse.   See, some of us can take a joke....I hear jokes about women all the time, but I realize they're JOKES so I don't take it personally.....so, yeah, I'm still laughing. ;D ;D ;D

Keep laughing, without a sense of humor, live ain't worth living.  :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 12:51 pm

Well, let's see, I'm too old to be Ted Bundy resurrected....yeah, I could be a pedophile, but people who know me would be laughing at that accusation.  A former man who had a sex change?  Not possible since I've given birth 3 times.  A lesbian?  That is possible, but if I wasn't, it wouldn't bother me because I have nothing against lesbians and I've been called MUCH worse.   See, some of us can take a joke....I hear jokes about women all the time, but I realize they're JOKES so I don't take it personally.....so, yeah, I'm still laughing. ;D ;D ;D

After all, why should you be offended at an insult that's not true? 

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 2:20 pm

Well, let's see, I'm too old to be Ted Bundy resurrected....yeah, I could be a pedophile, but people who know me would be laughing at that accusation.  A former man who had a sex change?  Not possible since I've given birth 3 times.  A lesbian?  That is possible, but if I wasn't, it wouldn't bother me because I have nothing against lesbians and I've been called MUCH worse.   See, some of us can take a joke....I hear jokes about women all the time, but I realize they're JOKES so I don't take it personally.....so, yeah, I'm still laughing. ;D ;D ;D

AFA Tom Cruise being gay, if he IS, would that change your opinion about his acting abilities or his movies?  I could care less what a person does with another consenting adult behind closed doors.  It's not going to change my opinion of him/her.  If only everyone could be so open-minded ::)

If Tom cruise ends up being a homosexual he's still going to be one of my favorites. The poster I have of him on my wall with a saying that keeps me plugging along isn't going anywhere.  For the fact of the matter, you only think you're open minded, and you're open minded to the ideas inwhich you see favorable.  I'm just as open minded as you are.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 2:21 pm

What is it with people's hatred for history? This is the fourth topic I've seen that just has an essense of pure intolerance for love of historical arts.  "He wouldn't have listened to that song, it was written before he was born."  "How could you like Andy Griffith, you're only 20 years old!".   Where is it written that I, born in 1985 can't enjoy music from the 1960's?  Why do I feel such a force to be subjected only to "my" era of culture?  Are reruns only for those who experienced the entertainment at the time, or are they not for new generations to enjoy as well?  My radio dial is tuned to "Oldies" and it'll stay there.

I agree.  I kind of feel that some children of the '60s, '70s, '80s, etc. want me to like emo, MTV rap, and reality shows, and that I am unwelcome to like stuff from before I can remember/was alive.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 2:26 pm

I agree.  I kind of feel that some children of the '60s, '70s, '80s, etc. want me to like emo, MTV rap, and reality shows, and that I am unwelcome to like stuff from before I can remember/was alive.

You ever get pressure from the other side.  Like some of the "popular" crowd doesn't accept you because you're not into Rap music or you don't happen to like the new teeny bopper movie that recently came out?  They laugh at me for having a favorite actor that starting acting in films in 1940's and has been gone from us since 1995.  They think the new and young stars they name off are so talented and absolutely amazing. Some of the are exactly that.  However, a lot of them are mediocre talent caught up in the mainstream of popularity that will soon fade away into a forgotten era whereas the actors I praise will forever be remembered.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/06 at 2:27 pm

If Tom cruise ends up being a homosexual he's still going to be one of my favorites. The poster I have of him on my wall with a saying that keeps me plugging along isn't going anywhere.  For the fact of the matter, you only think you're open minded, and you're open minded to the ideas inwhich you see favorable.  I'm just as open minded as you are.

You have a poster of Tom Cruise on your wall? 

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 2:28 pm

You ever get pressure from the other side.  Like some of the "popular" crowd doesn't accept you because you're not into Rap music or you don't happen to like the new teeny bopper movie that recently came out?   They laugh at me for having a favorite actor that starting acting in films in 1940's and has been gone from us since 1995.  They think the new and young stars they name off are so talented and absolutely amazing. Some of the are exactly that.  However, a lot of them are mediocre talent caught up in the mainstream of popularity that will soon fade away into a forgotten era whereas the actors I praise will forever be remembered.

Actually, I home school, but on the rare occasion that I do get out, I do sort of get sucked into the moment.  

Trends are always annoying, but at least back in the day there were trends, rather than simply the same old thing.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 2:35 pm

Did I just luck out then? With whom are you guys associating? Sure, not everybody I know/have known shares/has shared my taste in music. However, the majority of people from other generations appreciate my appreciation of pop culture of the same, just as they don't find themselves limited to things from "their time," whatever that's supposed to be. My peers certainly don't outcast me on the basis of my preferences in films and music!

However, there may be something in the way these opinions are presented. I don't consider myself elitist about my preferences - I try to appreciate a variety of genres of film, music, etc. Even if I don't like something, I try to acknowledge its existence and other people's rights to like it. If both of y'all can say the same, then I'm forced to conclude you've both encountered some of the most unfortunate people, or are perceiving overtones and/or undertones that don't actually exist, because most of my experience and observation would contradict the generality being made.

I think the Boomer generation is very "elitist" about their stuff.  They act like the Beach Boys, Stones, Beatles, etc. mean the same thing to X and Y as it did to them, which really isn't true.  Most Gen Xers will admit that their time wasn't a Utopian era, and Y probably will too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 3:46 pm

shoot, to be honest with ya'll...if Tom Cruise WAS gay...I think I would like him more than I do currently. ;D  I have a thing about gay men....if you haven't already heard...and no, I am not a man-turned woman, a gay lesbian, Boy George in drag, or anything else for that matter. ::) :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 3:52 pm

That goes for the "older" generation as well.  Where I live, most of the parents are NOT into emo or rock or anything remotely "new".  When I say that I like some of the stuff, they look at me like I have 2 heads.  When I took my oldest to see Bowling for Soup last year, you'd have thought I said I was taking him to a ritual sacrifice. :o  Personally, I think it's cool that some of the "younger" generation is getting into some of the stuff that I grew up on.....makes me seem not quite as "square" to them 8)

That's true.

Isn't Chicago a big center for pop-punk and emo?  Fall Out Boy hail from there, and I think BFS do too.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 4:11 pm

No, BFS are from Denton, Texas.  FOB, I think you are right.  Smashing Pumpkins were also from here....and, of course, there was always "Wayne's World" ;D

A-ha. 

Have you been to the high school Ferris Bueller was filmed at?  I've seen it on GoogleEarth.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 4:24 pm

I'd still love you even if you WERE any of those things ;)

aww..thanks Kim! ;) :-*

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 4:24 pm

No, they're from Norway ;D ;D
   I dated a guy in college who went there (and lived down the street from "his house") and a different guy who went to the school "The Breakfast Club" was filmed in.  John Hughes used quite a bit of Chicago in his films.

That's pretty cool.  Did you ever walk by when The Breakfast Club was filmed?

The West Coast culture sucks.  All we have to our name is coffee and microchips  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 5:25 pm

Did I just luck out then? With whom are you guys associating? Sure, not everybody I know/have known shares/has shared my taste in music. However, the majority of people from other generations appreciate my appreciation of pop culture of the same, just as they don't find themselves limited to things from "their time," whatever that's supposed to be. My peers certainly don't outcast me on the basis of my preferences in films and music!

However, there may be something in the way these opinions are presented. I don't consider myself elitist about my preferences - I try to appreciate a variety of genres of film, music, etc. Even if I don't like something, I try to acknowledge its existence and other people's rights to like it. If both of y'all can say the same, then I'm forced to conclude you've both encountered some of the most unfortunate people, or are perceiving overtones and/or undertones that don't actually exist, because most of my experience and observation would contradict the generality being made.

I've always considered myself the weirdo.  We played "Guess that tune" the other night in a friends room and as soon as the song would come on I'd name the song and the artist.  After a while the other people just shook their heads at me and I said, "alright, I won't guess the next one."  Song came on for about 1:15 and they all looked at me and said, "you know it" and I gave a "well" and my friends said, "say it"  and I said, "Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon". 

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 5:32 pm

I didn't (I lived too far away and was too young to drive up there :() but the guy I dated had pics of himself with Judd Nelson & Emilio Estevez.  The other guy was an extra in Ferris Bueller.....you can see part of him in the hallway when they are on the pay phones ;D

Oh cool! If I ever get the DVD I'll look and tell you if I see him!

You really got some connections  8)  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 5:32 pm

If it won't change your opinion of him, why are you so pissy about people saying he might be gay?  No, I'm open minded about pretty much everything...I'd like you to name 1 thing that I'm not open-minded about (other than pedophilia or anything else illegal)....I can name quite a few that you AREN'T: 

Closed-minded thinking:  Homosexuality is wrong!!!
Open-minded:  Hey, it's not for me, but who am I to say what 2 consenting adults do?

Closed-minded thinking:  God is the ultimate power!!!
Open-minded:  I'm not sure, but more power to you for believing in him.

Closed-minded thinking:  I'm always right!!!
Open-minded:  I always think I'm right, but willing to accept I'm wrong if someone proves otherwise.

Closed-minded thinking:  Everyone who does not believe in Christianity is trying to eliminate it.
Open-minded thinking:  To each his/her own.

I don't think homosexuality is wrong, I just don't think it's necessarily right.  I have gay friends whether you want to believe me on that statement or not.  I have 3 gay friends and 2 lesbian ffriends. I don't see them having an easier time getting to Hell than me or a harder time getting to Heaven than other christians.

God is the ultimate power is a not a closed minded statement, it is a statement inwhich shows the strength of faith.  You don't believe it whole heartedly, well then you don't I guess, I on the other hand believe in full effort. Everything you got.

I don't think I'm always right.  Much to the truth I try and come up with the best explanation I can, but I'm not always right.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.  I won't be told that the Texas chainsaw Massacre really happened anymore than I'll be told that MY favorite team is the Chicago Whitesox.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre didnt' happen, I know that for a fact.  It is not my opinion or how I feel, it is a fact.  Toby Hooper the screenwriter/producer/director/creator himself said is never really happened but was loosely loosely based on stories his uncles and cousins told him about the real life Eddy Gein of Plainfield, Wisconsin.  When I know I"m right, I won't back down.  Other than that, like recently in life decisions I"ve found out that I was wrong.  I'm much more humble than you'll ever care to know.  

Everyone who is trying to eliminate christianity, is trying to eliminate Christianity.  That's why I beleive.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 6:08 pm

Not really.....there's a reason why they're all EX's ;D

Although, I DO have a connection with BFS, which is why I took my son to see them:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc20b3127cce975213c5499000000010108AaNGLVo5bte

aww is there any way of making the pic bigger, Kim...I can hardly make it out. :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 6:18 pm

Although, I DO have a connection with BFS, which is why I took my son to see them:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc20b3127cce975213c5499000000010108AaNGLVo5bte

;D

That's cool.  I don't know any famous musicians, but I'm trying to get to know my local scene here in Oregon.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 6:30 pm

Try THIS

that's much better! Very cool picture! ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 7:35 pm

Hey, if this is how you see yourself, more power to you.  Previous statements made by you contradict some of these, but that's neither here nor there.

You've still not answered the question (if you don't have a problem with homosexuality,)why does it bother you so much that people are saying TC might be gay?  You have no problem saying untruths about others (mostly ME), why should it bother you so much if someone says something that YOU think is not true?

Can't find 1 thing I'm "closed-minded" about,can you?

Cause it's not true.  That's why. False accusations is what they are and they have no place.  Name one reason why people call Tom Cruise "gay" other than they don't like him.  That's not a legimate reason and it doesn't stand.

No I can't find 1 thing, not just one thing, a bunch, sure.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/01/06 at 8:13 pm

Cause it's not true.  That's why. False accusations is what they are and they have no place.  Name one reason why people call Tom Cruise "gay" other than they don't like him.  That's not a legimate reason and it doesn't stand.

No I can't find 1 thing, not just one thing, a bunch, sure.

just as you say that he is not gay...whose to say that he isn't? Nobody knows one's sexual orientation, that it unless they "come out" publically. Do you have solid, 100% proof that he is indeed straight as a board?  Maybe he is bisexual and likes to swing both ways? Nobody (including you) knows for sure who someone else is attracted to. ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/02/06 at 12:27 am

Nobody said he was gay. It was speculation that was tossed out there, as in, just a possibility. Nobody affirmed it. Nobody claimed to have proof.

And the fact that you think gay when used in the context of homosexual is an insult speaks volumes about you.

You call me gay you ARE insulting me. You can anyone that, that isn't a homosexual, you ARE insulting them. Show's plenty of volume about you.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/02/06 at 12:31 am

Please, name them if you can......I'd like to know.....

I like TC, but that doesn't influence whether or not I think he's "gay".  Personally, I couldn't care less what other people think about him.  It's not going to change my opinion of him.

That's all fine and dandy, you're not the one thats at stake here. Mr. Cruise is.

you're close minded to anything that puts control back int hands of a moderator. You want people to do what they, as much as they want, whenever they want.  You see no moderation, it's what, when, how and why you want to, or you don't see it as a freedom.  If it ain't all for you, then it might as well be nothing.

Written By: Gis on 02/02/06 at 2:46 am

That is so cool ! As you may remember I am a huge BFS fan, infact they are my favourite band at the moment and have been for about 2 years now.Sadly they haven't played anywhere near me in over a year Boohoo  :\'( 

Written By: Gis on 02/02/06 at 2:55 am

well if we are going to discuss Tom Cruise in general.
I think he is a great actor and has made some fantastic films, but as he's got older I've found his attitude harder and harder to accept. His recent comments on treating mental illnesses like schizophrenia with vitamins are plain stupid, and comments attacking women who have suffered with post natal depression are crass and insensitive to say the least !
I also hate the way he has that Mel Gibson need to rewrite history now he's producing his own films. I won't even start on the scientology stuff.I believe each to their own with religeon but people have the right to make their own choices and not be told what they must follow.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/02/06 at 7:26 am

You call me gay you ARE insulting me. You can anyone that, that isn't a homosexual, you ARE insulting them. Show's plenty of volume about you.

Since when is being called gay and insult.  For it to be an insult means that it has derogatory connotations.  I don't know any gay people(and I do know a few) who consider being mistaken for a heterosexual as an insult.  People do, for whatever reasons,
speculate on other peoples sexuality.  I will bet more than a few raise eyebrows at your poster of Tom Cruise. 

Written By: Harmonica on 02/02/06 at 12:59 pm

Since when is being called gay and insult.  For it to be an insult means that it has derogatory connotations.  I don't know any gay people(and I do know a few) who consider being mistaken for a heterosexual as an insult.  People do, for whatever reasons,
speculate on other peoples sexuality.  I will bet more than a few raise eyebrows at your poster of Tom Cruise.   

My poster of Tom Cruise is a motivational poster with him in his high school wrestling warm up that reads, "I Blew my knee out, my wrestling career was over. I tried out for a play, and I got the lead part."  It doesn't raise to many eyebrows.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/02/06 at 1:03 pm

What the hell does that mean?  If you mean I'm not going to tell someone else what they can/cannot believe in, you're darned right.  I will give them MY opinion and let them make THEIR OWN choice, but I don't see how that can even REMOTELY be considered "closed minded".  You couldn't come up with anything specific, could you?  So, as usual, you "skate" around the question.

I STILL don't see how TC is "at stake" by people thinking he might be gay.  If he ends up being gay, yeah, there will be some bigoted people who won't watch his movies anymore because of it, but there will be just as many who will START because of it.

And, I still don't see how someone thinking you are gay is an insult.  If you KNOW you aren't, then what's the big deal?  Why is it so important what other people think about you?  Obviously, you see being gay as "bad" and "straight" as "good".  People are wrong about me all the time and it doesn't bother me, why is it such a big deal to you?

Oh come on, you're not that niave to not know how insulting it is to be called something you are not.  I didn't skate around the question, I saw it exactly how I see it.  If you're not intune enough to know how much of an effect being called gay and inventually names like fag would be to Tom Cruise, we'll I give you way to much credit. 

I dont' see Gay as being bad and straight as being good.  I see calling a gay person gay good.  Calling a straight person Straight good.  Calling a gay person straight bad. Calling a straight person gay bad. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/06 at 1:53 pm

When I was in college, I hung out with a very open lesbian ALL THE TIME. I'm sure many people thought that I was because of our friendship. Did it bother me? Not in the least. Trust me, there are worst things to be called than a lesbian, gay, or homosexual-like say, being a bigot.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/02/06 at 2:21 pm

I too think it is damaging to a person's character if they are insinuated as being gay if they aren't.  Perhaps my thinking is warped too, I guess.  I don't see anything wrong with being gay if you are.  I know a guy that won't come out that he is gay because he thinks that his grandmother won't be able to handle it.  That is his decision, if he chooses to live his life under the cover of being gay, that is his decision.  The same should be said with a straight person being accused of being gay.  Why can't we accept people for who and what their personalities are, what does it even matter who is straight or who is gay?  I prefer to like Tom because I think he's a great actor. 

My ex-husband, bullied me into accepting his divorce proposal by telling me he would tell the court that I was gay and there wasn't anything I could do about it.  Meanwhile, his girlfriend sat out in the waiting area and was pointing and laughing at me when the court was over.  Yes, I let him manipulate me by his telling a lie (or several), I *should* have stood up for myself, but by that point, I didn't want to be married to him anymore anyways, and nothing would have been gained if I'd fought that accusation.  My point being, I guess, that the mere threat was enough to keep me under control.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I was not strong enough to fight it then, it's ancient history now.
If being accused of being is not meant as a threat, why bring it up at all?  It's not like somebody says "Oh...look at Brad Pitt, isn't it great that he's straight?"

Written By: ADH13 on 02/02/06 at 2:58 pm

Since when is being called gay and insult.  For it to be an insult means that it has derogatory connotations. 

Not always, Danoota... I would be insulted if someone thought I was a man... I don't have a masculine voice, but one time at a drive through speaker I was called "sir" and I would have been insulted except I know it was only because of a speaker malfunction...  I don't think "sir" is a derogatory term...

As far as Tom Cruise, there is nothing wrong with saying that it's been speculated that he's gay... Nobody on this board is claiming he's gay, they are just relaying that rumors have been published.  The fact that rumors of him being gay have been published is 100% true, but these people weren't the starters of the rumors... so if you have a problem with it, you should write to the National Enquirer and complain...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/02/06 at 4:13 pm

I too think it is damaging to a person's character if they are insinuated as being gay if they aren't.  Perhaps my thinking is warped too, I guess.  I don't see anything wrong with being gay if you are.  I know a guy that won't come out that he is gay because he thinks that his grandmother won't be able to handle it.  That is his decision, if he chooses to live his life under the cover of being gay, that is his decision.  The same should be said with a straight person being accused of being gay.  Why can't we accept people for who and what their personalities are, what does it even matter who is straight or who is gay?  I prefer to like Tom because I think he's a great actor. 

My ex-husband, bullied me into accepting his divorce proposal by telling me he would tell the court that I was gay and there wasn't anything I could do about it.  Meanwhile, his girlfriend sat out in the waiting area and was pointing and laughing at me when the court was over.  Yes, I let him manipulate me by his telling a lie (or several), I *should* have stood up for myself, but by that point, I didn't want to be married to him anymore anyways, and nothing would have been gained if I'd fought that accusation.  My point being, I guess, that the mere threat was enough to keep me under control.  Hindsight is 20/20.  I was not strong enough to fight it then, it's ancient history now.
If being accused of being is not meant as a threat, why bring it up at all?  It's not like somebody says "Oh...look at Brad Pitt, isn't it great that he's straight?"

Insults only hurt if you believe them, which many people do because they simply assume there's truth to it even if there's not a grain of accuracy.  If you don't buy into an insult, you're just playing the victim.  The only exception is if it's from someone you like, because that means they don't like you as much as you think.

Written By: livinonthe80s on 02/02/06 at 9:59 pm

Gee, I only said I HEARD about him being gay...  but still  ::) I would trust that source!!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/02/06 at 10:34 pm

It doesn't bother me that he's being ridiculed, even Jesus was hated. 

Wait did you just compare.. Tom Cruise.. to JESUS..?!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/WHAAA.jpg ...?!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/GOD.jpg

..His dad looks kinda pissed at that little statement..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/03/06 at 9:29 am

To be fair, that pictorial comparison isn't fair at all. We have no concept of what Jesus's pecs look like.

she wasn't comparing looks...she was merely amused by Harmonica's attempt to compare Tom Cruise to Jesus (saying that even Jesus was mocked, etc).

Written By: karen on 02/03/06 at 10:59 am

Sorry, I didn't realize I'd entered a joke-free thread... yeesh

maybe you should have added a smiley to the pecs post?  ???

Written By: Harmonica on 02/03/06 at 12:25 pm

she wasn't comparing looks...she was merely amused by Harmonica's attempt to compare Tom Cruise to Jesus (saying that even Jesus was mocked, etc).

I'm bedazzaled that I'm accused of trying to compare Jesus to Tom Cruise.  I did not do so.  I stated a simple fact.  Dan Marino was a quaterback, so was John Elway...I'm not comparing the two...I"m stating a fact.

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 12:31 pm

i heard an irresponsible rumor that tom cruise might be an openly practicing, shameless scientologist? who blames women for having post-partum depression? but i'm sure it isn't true.

i love finding heatedly acrimonious threads and carelessly posting in them after briefly skimming them. it's so unwise!  8)

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 12:50 pm

I'm really confused here. I thought pointing out a similar characteristic was, by definition, comparison? I mean, if saying that Dan Marino and John Elway are both quarterbacks isn't pointing out a similarity between the two, what is it? Two random facts that just by fluke happen to form an implicit comparison? Just like, if I say: "Dan Marino was a quarterback. Tom Cruise wasn't." in that proximity, I'm contrasting the two, even if I use two independent sentences...?

Harmonica doesn't necessarily stick to the strictures of conventional logic and reasoned rhetoric, bless his heart. His approach to debating is more improvisational.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/03/06 at 1:18 pm

Wait did you just compare.. Tom Cruise.. to JESUS..?!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/WHAAA.jpg ...?!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/A_VictimOfYou/GOD.jpg

..His dad looks kinda pissed at that little statement..

;D

Written By: deedee75904 on 02/03/06 at 2:21 pm

I'm new to the board, and I DO enjoy reading everyone's comments, but i was just wondering, how  Harmonica  managed (once again) to turn the topic of Tom Cruise to "all about Harmonica" ? ? Last I checked EVERY1 was entitled to their own opinion . . .

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 2:28 pm

I'm new to the board, and I DO enjoy reading everyone's comments, but i was just wondering, how  Harmonica  managed (once again) to turn the topic of Tom Cruise to "all about Harmonica" ? ? Last I checked EVERY1 was entitled to their own opinion . . .

I need to work on techniques for turning all threads on this board into "all about tia" threads. That's quite a talent harmy has.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/03/06 at 3:53 pm

how Harmonica managed (once again)???

Yeah, you sound like a true newbie. :P

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 4:01 pm

Actually the noobster is right. pretty much every time harmonica starts posting on a thread pretty soon it devolves into like a half-dozen people arguing with him. (unless you're saying deedee is showing her noobsterity because everybody else pretty much knows about the curious Harmonica Effect.)

I kinda begrudgingly admire it, actually. like harmy's posts or hate 'em, but you can't ignore em.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/06 at 4:06 pm

She is a true newbie but she has read a few threads. (She also happens to be a very dear friend of mine.)

Cat

Written By: deedee75904 on 02/03/06 at 5:30 pm

I'm sorry, i guess i should have introduced myself.  I have worked for the past 27 years and now that I have the chance to "stay home" I also have  the opportunity to (expand my horizon).  I am new to this site.  I have read some of the threads before (at the suggestion of my friend (CatwomanofV") and have enjoyed coming in here and reading.  On a couple of occasions, i had the chance to read Harmonica's "thoughts" and that from which I based my opinion. 

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 7:33 pm

well welcome deedee! introduce yourself in the new users forum and bask in the love and attention. :)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/03/06 at 7:37 pm

We'll you're all in unison that being called "gay" is no big deal, from the tone of expression seems like you take it like a compliment.  You try and make me feel like it's a good thing too.  Well once again, you have no luck because I know a lot of heterosexual people and if I called any of the guys I know gay, I'd probably be in for a fight and any of the girls gay, I'd probably get slapped.

You want logic? I'll give you logic. Don't piss on my boot, then tell me it's raining.

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 7:41 pm

my attitude on that, getting called "gay," is if it's meant as an insult, i'm liable to take it as one. there's a lot of other stuff at work here, such as the notion of conventional masculinity being viewed as a burden, so that if someone questions your masculinity and your attitudes about it are fairly conservative or what have you, you're likely to feel like your manhood is being challenged. i find the whole ritual rather silly but a lot of people take it deadly seriously.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/06 at 7:47 pm

my attitude on that, getting called "gay," is if it's meant as an insult, i'm liable to take it as one. there's a lot of other stuff at work here, such as the notion of conventional masculinity being viewed as a burden, so that if someone questions your masculinity and your attitudes about it are fairly conservative or what have you, you're likely to feel like your manhood is being challenged. i find the whole ritual rather silly but a lot of people take it deadly seriously.

Interesting thought. My mother used to say that if a man had to worry about his masculinity, then he had something to worry about.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 7:52 pm

Interesting thought. My mother used to say that if a man had to worry about his masculinity, then he had something to worry about.

Cat

there's this great james jones quote from his from-here-to-eternity trilogy about masculinity as being like a river that finds its own way to the sea. very nice, and it totally goes to that masculinity is a quality you have as a man rather than something you have to continually reaffirm. james jones was really into that i think because he was viscerally antiwar and so many men go to war to prove that they're "men" and then come back broken. whether they're gay or not. and if this view of masculinity was done away with in favor of a healthier view of what it means to be a man, we'd go quite a long way toward putting an end to war. assuming that's something we're still trying to do, which at the moment doesn't appear to be the case.

sorry to digress.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/06 at 8:01 pm

there's this great james jones quote from his from-here-to-eternity trilogy about masculinity as being like a river that finds its own way to the sea. very nice, and it totally goes to that masculinity is a quality you have as a man rather than something you have to continually reaffirm. james jones was really into that i think because he was viscerally antiwar and so many men go to war to prove that they're "men" and then come back broken. whether they're gay or not. and if this view of masculinity was done away with in favor of a healthier view of what it means to be a man, we'd go quite a long way toward putting an end to war. assuming that's something we're still trying to do, which at the moment doesn't appear to be the case.

sorry to digress.

I agree with Windbreaker.  Great quote.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/03/06 at 8:09 pm

thanks! 'course, then again james jones was a capitulating little girly-boy nancy pants, so take it with a grain of salt.

haha, i kid, of course. everyone should totally read his big wwii trilogy. "the thin red line" was the only book that i literally sat up reading all night until the sun came up.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/03/06 at 9:56 pm

Actually the noobster is right. pretty much every time harmonica starts posting on a thread pretty soon it devolves into like a half-dozen people arguing with him. (unless you're saying deedee is showing her noobsterity because everybody else pretty much knows about the curious Harmonica Effect.)

Yeah, what i meant was that when you say a poster is doing something "once again" it kind of suggests you've been around awhile...

I apologize for the sarcastic comment.. if you're a friend of Cat's, you must be cool. :)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/03/06 at 11:01 pm

That's a very good way of looking at it, and confines to Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise claims to be heterosexual. He does nothing to indicate being other than straight.    He has children.  He's about to have another child with Katie Holmes.  Calling him gay is an insult, it can't be anything else, due to the given circumstances.

I've seen people be called Gay that weren't gay before, seen girls come to tears for being called a lesbian, ain't much silly about that, nothing silly about it at all actually.  I stuck up for them before, I'll do it again.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/03/06 at 11:20 pm

AAAAAAAH

You keep taking one context and applying it to another. Of course being insulted isn't ever good when something is meant as an insult. But nobody here wanted to insult Tom Cruise. The circumstances of his life you posted are all correct, but the conclusion you drew does not follow. All of these could apply to a gay man, even though, again, I am also under the impression that Tom isn't one. Television's Degrassi: The Next Generation dealt with a very similar circumstance, in which a couple with a seemingly happy marriage and two lovely children broke up when the husband could no longer take keeping up the appearance of heterosexuality. As someone who took such offense at implications that you might not be able to appreciate the arts, you know as well as I do that art imitates life. It may not be common, but it happens. And all that occurred here was that someone threw out that it might be the case here. Not that it is the case, not that Tom Cruise would be less of a person/an actor/a man were it the case, not anything other than that it might be.

Really, I think it's admirable for someone to stick up for those who are being insulted. I truly do respect you for that. I just don't think it's great to defend someone who was never attacked.

The person who initially made the "gay" remark on Tom Cruise, does not like Tom Cruise.  The context inwhich they wrote it in, points directly towards an insult.  It was not written as the man could be a heterosexual, it was written as "ha, the man could be a heterosexual" and I don't have time for quote for quote...the main jest is all I need.

Secondly, being gay only makes someone a non heterosexual that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.  If Tom Cruise does happen to be Gay, well he's still a great actor and a movitation to me.  I've known other gay people in my life, some of them I like, some of them I don't.  Same with heterosexual's, some of them I like some of them I don't.  I judge people based on the principles of one of my hero's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, not by the color of their skin, or in this case the attraction to another human being, but by the content of their character.

Thirdly, the man came out and said he was gay. He was gay. He made it obvious he was gay. So you call him gay, I doubt he'd mind.

Written By: Tia on 02/04/06 at 8:59 am

i have no inside information on this but my guess is that gay people in heterosexual relationships/marriages is probably rather common, and it's pretty sad. there's so much pressure to deny that identity, and particularly because so many people treat it as an insult, or that you're somehow less than others because you're gay. i bet fifty years ago a lot of people would be surprised we're still even dealing with that kind of cultural backwardness. people are people!

Written By: jackas on 02/04/06 at 10:52 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize I'd entered a joke-free thread... yeesh

;D 

Hey, I got the joke and thought it was funny too. ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 9:24 am

And, once again, you got the original quote wrong (bold added by me):
He also never said he didn't like TC, he just said he was "nothing special".  There IS a difference.....it simply means that TC's not his favorite actor.  There was NOTHING in that quote that was insulting.  Like Cat, I had a friend who was a lesbian so people automatically assumed I was as well.  I didn't take it as an insult, it was just a misconception that someone had about me.  I also have some friends who are ditzy so people automatically assume I am as well.....it's no big deal....

Speculation on TC's sexuality has been around for YEARS.  Whether he is or not is not going to hurt his career one bit.  If his rants and raves about Scientology haven't, being called gay certainly won't ;D

Methinks thou doth protest too much.....

Well the day I see you're picture in the supermarket tabloids with a big, "Left her husband for another woman" tag along with it and you take it as a fun little Joke, we'll that'll be the day I say, "she did mean what she said."

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 9:34 am

Well the day I see you're picture in the supermarket tabloids with a big, "Left her husband for another woman" tag along with it and you take it as a fun little Joke, we'll that'll be the day I say, "she did mean what she said."

good point as always, harmy. ??? any reason why this wouldn't suck, the same way as getting trown over for a heterosexual homewrecker would suck? i'm not sure what you're getting at.

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 10:54 am

Oh please, like anyone actually believes what is in the tabloids...Batboy anyone?  Nick and Jessica were "just fine"?  And, how can we forget the "Yearly Prophecies" that come out every new year?  ::)

batboy HAS to be real! he joined special forces! he's the only thing standing between us and the terrorists!

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 12:39 pm

Oh please, like anyone actually believes what is in the tabloids...Batboy anyone?  Nick and Jessica were "just fine"?  And, how can we forget the "Yearly Prophecies" that come out every new year?  ::)

hey, if you're fine with 3 million people seeing you accused of being gay and a good percentage of them believing it....that's cool.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 12:40 pm

good point as always, harmy. ??? any reason why this wouldn't suck, the same way as getting trown over for a heterosexual homewrecker would suck? i'm not sure what you're getting at.

The name is Harmonica.  I made perfect since.  She can dish it out, but she can't take it.  Clear as day, clarified as can be.

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 12:46 pm

"harmonica" takes too long to type.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 2:31 pm

People are going to believe what they want and there's nothing I can say or do that will change that.  umm....EXCUSE ME?  Who can't take it?  YOU'RE the one taking personal offense at a rumor about SOMEONE ELSE being called "gay".....I've said time and time again that I've been called things I'm not and it doesn't bother me.....YOU'RE the one who stoops to personal attacks against others when they disagree with you and I'M the one who can "dish it out and can't take it"?  Look in the mirror, buddy.....

The art of persuasion means nothing to you? Get real.  Me, someone who doesn't get along with you 85% of the time,  know's good and well that's one of your strong points. Something your good at! Don't deny it.  You can say and do plenty to prove your heterosexual or that you're homosexual.  What you say and do in the company of others has not everything but a lot to do with the way people persieve you.  You grab womans butt and plant one on her, it'll help the accusations fly.  You do what you can in your power to show that you're not gay it will make those rumors fade out into the false obilivion that they are.  Don't tell me that nothing you say or do can change they way they think. 

You could use a tuck in there yourself sister.  Admitting something takes more courage and intellectual stand than trying to act perfect and impeccable, but like the jerk with the girl, it isn't as "cool".  Tom Cruise has millions upon million of people he has to answer to, who do you have to answer to?  A few hundred? The numbers do make  difference. 

The only thing left to do is to see a large sum of people make the accusations fly about you, and admire the coolness and humility you show about being the secretive town lesbian.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/06 at 3:05 pm

hey kim.....can I have a kiss? :-* :-* :-*

LOL! ;D ;)

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 3:12 pm

And I'm still befuddled! If I plant one on a guy and grab his bum, for sure rumors will fly -- but they'll probably have more to do with my poor impulse control than my gender preference. And what's more, I'd deserve it!

I imagine the fact that my avatar's a girl might spark some rumors. I don't really care though. Any press is good press, that's what I always say.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/06 at 3:13 pm

And I'm still befuddled! If I plant one on a guy and grab his bum, for sure rumors will fly -- but they'll probably have more to do with my poor impulse control than my gender preference. And what's more, I'd deserve it!

I imagine the fact that my avatar's a girl might spark some rumors. I don't really care though. Any press is good press, that's what I always say.

hey...there's nothing wrong with a little affection, eh? LOL! ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/06/06 at 3:18 pm

I've had all kinds of rumors fly about me around my hometown and when I was in college....I was a lesbian, a slut, a druggie, a thief, a psychotic, a few other things....granted that was only a few hundred/thousand people, but to a teenager, that's the "world".  NONE of them changed the way I acted or felt about myself. 

Me, too!  There are many reasons why people question a persons life/sexuality.  If you are a decent person doing the right thing everyday what people say about you is their issue, not yours.  See, I wonder about the fact that Harm has a poster of Tom Cruise on his wall.  The guys I know would never(after the age of 16 or so) hang up a poster of another guy in their room. That shouldn't in anyway determine for him whether or not to leave the poster up on his wall.  If it does then he is allowing me to make a determination on the way he conducts his life and that would not be right.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/06 at 3:23 pm

I just don't see what the big flippin' deal is with this whole thing...I mean, if he's straight...that's fine, if he's gay...then that's just as fine. People get too anal (sorry, no pun intended) over trivial things such as these.  I mean, none of us are personal friends of TC...so none of us should really take any of it personally that some people might think that he is gay or whatever....it's nothing really to lose sleep over...it's not like it will change the outcome of any of our lives.  ::)

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 3:34 pm

See, I wonder about the fact that Harm has a poster of Tom Cruise on his wall. 

Particularly since it's that one where he's all shirtless and well-oiled.

I think it's time for a few rounds of "you know how I know you're gay?", as seen in the 40-year-old virgin.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/06/06 at 3:40 pm

Particularly since it's that one where he's all shirtless and well-oiled.

I think it's time for a few rounds of "you know how I know you're gay?", as seen in the 40-year-old virgin.

Thread it!

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 4:02 pm

Thread it!

I'm afraid chucky will spank me! which would just lead to more rumors.

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 4:16 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,16752.0.html

I couldn't resist. I figured if I implicated myself straight outta the gate folks'd be less likely to get offended.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 5:18 pm

Hey, Angelina Jolie kissed her brother (some say with tongue) and it hasn't hurt HER career any ;)

That's a joke right?  Insest jokes are still getting giggles!

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 7:29 pm

No.  She kissed her brother full on the mouth at an awards event quite a few years ago.  Google Angelina kiss brother and you'll get TONS of results.

I know she kissed her brother, that I know. You said didnt' hurt her career any, I know a lot of people who won't go watch her movies.  Now personally long before I knew about her kiss to her brother I wouldn't watch her movies, cause I don't care for her as an actress.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/06/06 at 11:42 pm

Are you people blind or just arrogant biggots?

The poster for the second time is a picture of Tom Cruise cut out from a high school Wrestling Team Photo, that reads "Senior year, I was injured and benched for the wrestling season, my career was over.  When the drama department did Guys and Dolls I auditioned and won the part of Nathan Detroit." 

Now granted if I had a picture of Tom Cruise naked from the waist up, I too would question my sexuality. However the poster I have is a poster of motivation, which obviously since the nine letters of harmonica are too hard for some to write down isn't a popular thing in a world that supports apathy.

Written By: Tia on 02/06/06 at 11:53 pm

Are you people blind or just arrogant biggots?

The poster for the second time is a picture of Tom Cruise cut out from a high school Wrestling Team Photo, that reads "Senior year, I was injured and benched for the wrestling season, my career was over.  When the drama department did Guys and Dolls I auditioned and won the part of Nathan Detroit." 

Now granted if I had a picture of Tom Cruise naked from the waist up, I too would question my sexuality. However the poster I have is a poster of motivation, which obviously since the nine letters of harmonica are too hard for some to write down isn't a popular thing in a world that supports apathy.
my bad, dude. if i'd known you had a poster from a guy who'd actually won himself a part in "guys and dolls" against all odds, i'd never have called you gay.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/06 at 5:17 am

my bad, dude. if i'd known you had a poster from a guy who'd actually won himself a part in "guys and dolls" against all odds, i'd never have called you gay.

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/06 at 5:22 am

since the nine letters of harmonica are too hard for some to write down isn't a popular thing in a world that supports apathy.

Oh don't be so precious.  Mine has been scaled down to Danoot and we have(or have had), DC(Don Carlos), Cat(CatwomanofV),
RnR(RocknRollfan) and countless other shorts.  ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/07/06 at 5:42 am

^  ;D

What's the difference between Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise? Answer, a lot.

Despite both being relatively short as actors, both dark haired, both largish noses and nice smiles - well one has a nice smile not a grimace and that's the uber gorgeous DUSTIN HOFFMAN. I'd rather watch Hoffman act any day than look at cruise ponce about. Double entendre.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/06 at 6:46 am

^  ;D

Despite both being relatively short as actors, both dark haired, both largish noses and nice smiles - well one has a nice smile not a grimace and that's the uber gorgeous DUSTIN HOFFMAN. I'd rather watch Hoffman act any day than look at cruise ponce about. Double entendre.  ;D

I'm with you, Babou    ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/06 at 11:17 am

Do "those people" also not watch Rock Hudson?  Rupert Everett?  Raymond Burr?  Anthony Perkins?  Ian McKellan?  Lily Tomlin?  Agnes Moorehead?  Marlene Dietrich?  I won't even go into the directors/producers/musicians.  If they won't watch a certain actor/actress or director, or listen to a certain musicians music because of their sexual orientation, they're missing some of the greatest. 

You complain about bigots?  Seems like you hang around quite a few....

wow..I didn't know that Lily Tomlin and Agnes Moorehead are/were gay....ya learn something new everyday! ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/07/06 at 11:39 am

I'm with you, Babou    ;)

Cheers Danoo!

Babs.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/07/06 at 12:39 pm

Do "those people" also not watch Rock Hudson?  Rupert Everett?  Raymond Burr?  Anthony Perkins?  Ian McKellan?  Lily Tomlin?  Agnes Moorehead?  Marlene Dietrich?  I won't even go into the directors/producers/musicians.  If they won't watch a certain actor/actress or director, or listen to a certain musicians music because of their sexual orientation, they're missing some of the greatest. 

Elton John is my all time favorite musical artist.  Reginald Kenneth Dwight, full bourne gay. 

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/06 at 2:49 pm

I know she kissed her brother, that I know. You said didn't' hurt her career any, I know a lot of people who won't go watch her movies. 

I once watched a teen television special and the discussion was about a teen girl, very sure of herself, who said that she would not read anything written by a homosexual because homosexuality was against the word of god(of course, that would be her reason)  A teen asked her if she would refuse to read the words of slaveholders(the teen asking was African American) since they had engaged in the evil of buying and selling babies, splitting up families, and brutalizing them.  The girl then got the "deer in the headlights" look.  She didn't know what to say, fumbled a bit, then said "of course", but it was very obvious to all that her answer was disingenious.  She did not regain her composure after that.  So I wonder if Angelina/homosexuals are the only ones these  people exclude, if so how do they justify reading and studying others who have done things that they also consider against the word of god.

Written By: Tia on 02/07/06 at 3:18 pm

Tom! he's so dreamy.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/07/06 at 6:51 pm

Tom! he's so dreamy.

Yeah, Tia would do 'im.

Dude, what's your real name, anyway? Or.. don't you want to say? Or.. did you say already and I just missed it..?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/07/06 at 8:04 pm

^  ;D

Hoffman acts, Cruise acts like an idiot!
::)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/07/06 at 8:24 pm

You proved my point (but didn't answer the question as usual).  Elton John became MORE popular after he "came out" and is still going strong.  Do "those people who won't watch Angelina Jolie" also listen to him?  What about the other actors I listed above?  Why is TC's sexual orientation such a big deal?

Because HE doesn't want it to be that way. HE doesn't want you to think he's gay. HE doesn't want false rumors spread about him.  HE doesnt' want to be treated as something that HE is not.  That's why, you and everybody else shouldn't call him gay.

I have no idea if they listen to Elton John or not.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/06 at 9:34 pm

Because HE doesn't want it to be that way. HE doesn't want you to think he's gay. HE doesn't want false rumors spread about him.  HE doesnt' want to be treated as something that HE is not.  That's why, you and everybody else shouldn't call him gay.

I have no idea if they listen to Elton John or not.

how the flip do YOU know what HE wants all the time? Are you his manager? personal trainer? relative? friend? anybody important to him? ???

Written By: Harmonica on 02/07/06 at 9:52 pm

how the flip do YOU know what HE wants all the time? Are you his manager? personal trainer? relative? friend? anybody important to him? ???

Common psychology, unless Tom Cruise is into something I'm not aware being treated like crap and having other people make you feel like crap isn't something he is going to want. That's how the flip I know. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/06 at 9:55 pm

Common psychology, unless Tom Cruise is into something I'm not aware being treated like crap and having other people make you feel like crap isn't something he is going to want. That's how the flip I know. 

making fun would be calling him a "fag" or some other derogatory name.....merely speculating that he may or may not be "gay" is hardly making fun.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/07/06 at 11:25 pm

Raymond Burr?  Wow, that's news to me.  Oh well.  I love Rock Hudson.  His movies were terrific and I bawled like a baby when he died. 

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 02/08/06 at 1:26 am

This thread is hysterical. Twelve whole pages devoted to Tom Cruise and whether or not he's flaming. F*cking beautiful.

My opinion? I don't give a d*mn if he's straight, gay, or into doing barnyard animals. He made a complete fool of himself last year though with his rants on PPD and thus lost any respect I had for him. Not that it matters to that egomaniacal twit. But it makes me feel good to know that I have a valid reason for not liking the tool.

Carry on with this topic though. I find it highly amusing.

Written By: Baboushka. on 02/08/06 at 2:45 am

This thread is hysterical. Twelve whole pages devoted to Tom Cruise and whether or not he's flaming. F*cking beautiful.

My opinion? I don't give a d*mn if he's straight, gay, or into doing barnyard animals. He made a complete fool of himself last year though with his rants on PPD and thus lost any respect I had for him. Not that it matters to that egomaniacal twit. But it makes me feel good to know that I have a valid reason for not liking the tool.

Carry on with this topic though. I find it highly amusing.

;D OK

I loved it when he got squirted in the mush with that phoney mic. it was hilarious watching him trying to act all super cool when he was delirious with fury. Yeah and jumping up and down on Oprahs sofa  ::) ::) ::)  What a total nobhead.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 4:06 am

did anybody see tom playing an egotistical, megalomaniacal misogynist in "magnolia"? he was just a little bit too convincing in that. after i saw that movie my tom-in-a-speedo poster came RIGHT off the wall.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/06 at 6:01 am

did anybody see tom playing an egotistical, megalomaniacal misogynist in "magnolia"? he was just a little bit too convincing in that. after i saw that movie my tom-in-a-speedo poster came RIGHT off the wall.

;D

Written By: Gis on 02/08/06 at 6:31 am

Not withstanding that grammatically your sentence is crap !
I'm sure Tom spends hours sitting in his beautiful home, surrounded by beautiful things, with his girlfriend, and children, and his millions and millions of dollars sobbing over how he's treated like crap because somebody, somewhere once speculated he was gay -  NOT.

In reality I'm sure he's far to busy getting on with his life like maybe you should do.

Written By: Baboushka. on 02/08/06 at 8:00 am

Tom! he's so dreamy.

Dont'cha mean dreary  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/08/06 at 10:03 am

Hoffman acts, Cruise acts like an idiot!

Yes!!

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 12:21 pm

People do things I don't want all the time (like not answer my questions ::)), but that doesn't stop THEM....they keep on doing whatever they're doing, even when I and others point out what they're doing.  IT'S A RUMOUR, DUDE!  NOONE HAS SAID "TOM CRUISE IS DEFINITELY GAY"  Right or wrong, having rumours spread about you is part of being famous.  If HE doesn't want it to happen, then HE should get his behind OUT of the spotlight.

Oh, so you know these people SPECIFICALLY won't watch Angelina Jolie because she kissed her brother but have NO IDEA who else they will/won't watch/listen to?  mmmhmmm O0

methinks thou doth protest too much.....

You ask rhetorical questions.  Tell me is the background white? Are the letters typed black?  Yes I know specifically these people don't watch Jolie because she kissed her brother.  "I don't like her cause she's insest". 

I watch movies with my friends, I don't listen to music with my friends because they like hip hop and rap and a lot of todays style.  I like oldies, rock n roll and country.  So no, I don't know what they listen to and it's a legitimate response. 

Methinks you need a good kick in the ole metaphorical ass to appreciate the fact that within all your arrogance you wouldn't want everyone and their dog calling you a fag and it WOULD make you uneasy.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 12:29 pm

You ask rhetorical questions.  Tell me is the background white? Are the letters typed black?   Yes I know specifically these people don't watch Jolie because she kissed her brother.  "I don't like her cause she's insest". 

I watch movies with my friends, I don't listen to music with my friends because they like hip hop and rap and a lot of todays style.  I like oldies, rock n roll and country.  So no, I don't know what they listen to and it's a legitimate response. 

Methinks you need a good kick in the ole metaphorical ass to appreciate the fact that within all your arrogance you wouldn't want everyone and their dog calling you a fag and it WOULD make you uneasy.

The "f" word is much closer to the character of a racial slur. Totally different from speculating whether someone might be gay or straight. The "f" word is associated with a long, tired, sad history of anti-gay violence (five'll get you ten those bastards who did that horrible s**t to that poor kid in Wyoming a few years back used the f-word on him at some point, for instance) and so I think it's funny it comes out of your mouth in conjunction with talk about "kicking metaphorical ass." The relationship of that word to violence being what it is.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 1:29 pm

Remember a couple years ago when that dog called tom cruise gay? I woulda thought that would have gotten more media attention, to be honest.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 2:42 pm

No, I've asked you SPECIFIC questions time and time again and if you don't WANT to answer or don't KNOW the answer, you just skip it.  This time, I specifically asked you who else they REFUSE to watch/listen to and even gave you some suggestions, which you totally ignored.  I just find it interesting that you SPECIFICALLY know that they won't watch Angelina Jolie's movies "because she's insest" (it's actually incestuous, but that's beside the point), but the subject went no further than that.  If any of MY friends had said "I won't watch/listen to so & so because of XYZ", I'd (and I think 95% of the population would) ask "Who else won't you watch/listen to?" or "What about so-and-so?  They're XYZ too". 

Are you blind?  Have you NOT seen the multiple times on this thread (and others) where I said that I HAVE been called names?  That I HAVE been called a "dyke"?  That I HAVE been called a "slut"?  That I HAVE been called a multitude of other things and it hasn't affected me?  That people have said IT'S A RUMOUR THAT HE'S GAY?  Heck, people have even resorted to using different colors to get you to actually see what is being said, but you must be colorblind.  Methinks YOU need a metaphorical kick in the ass to actually READ what is written. ::)

You scream at a dog, "GOOD BOY, YOUR A GOOD DOG" and throw your hands around as if you're going to hit him, then you say in a nice calm voice while gently massaging him, "your the ugliest, stupidest dog in the world, I hope you get skinned alive".  Well you fool him, you don't fool me.

Written By: Jessica on 02/08/06 at 2:52 pm

You scream at a dog, "GOOD BOY, YOUR A GOOD DOG" and throw your hands around as if you're going to hit him, then you say in a nice calm voice while gently massaging him, "your the ugliest, stupidest dog in the world, I hope you get skinned alive".  Well you fool him, you don't fool me.

So you're implying that Tom Cruise is a dog? I'm offended for him!

And it still doesn't change the fact that he's a chode.

Written By: jaytee on 02/08/06 at 4:30 pm

Sure would be fun to see you get the hell beat out of you mentally or physically...normally I'd feel sorry for you, but do unto others as they'd do to you, which in my case going off of yours,  would be laugh.

What a good Christian you are Harmonica  ::) :P

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 5:14 pm

Eye for an eye mentality?

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 5:18 pm

So you're implying that Tom Cruise is a dog? I'm offended for him!

And it still doesn't change the fact that he's a chode.

I dont' love everything about Tom Cruise, there are a lot of things about him that I don't like, however those things I dont' make up or let other people make up for me.  He's with Katie Holmes so therefore making the remark that he robbed the cradle, is just and legite.  He believes in Scientology, which I think is a bunch of crap.  I don't hold these things against him because he's not hurting me or anyone else with them, unlike many of the arguments I have with others which does hurt a lot of people and hurt a lot of people bad. 

Fact of the matter is that there is nothing to go on him being gay except the fact that he has stood up for gay rights at gay conventions.  Which truly makes you and a lot of other people on this board hyprocrits to the 1st degree.  You preach and praise gay rights and how they should be allowed every and anything they want then turn around and make fun of a man who is not one of them but supports them. 

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 5:22 pm

Don't fool you how?  Who am I trying to fool?  Are you calling me a liar?  I understand the analogy you made, but have NO CLUE how it applies to what I said.  Then again, that's nothing new, you don't have an answer (or the answer you DO have proves the OTHER person's point) or you start to think someone else is right and you throw something like this into the mix....something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread, and EVERYTHING to do with the "faults" of the other person.  I seem to recall you throwing a hissy fit over what you perceived as someone else's ad hominem argument towards you....well, aren't YOU the pot calling the kettle black? 

Anyhoo, guess what, you don't fool me.  I can tell when someone's backed themself into a corner and trying desperately to get out.  That's when they usually resort to personal attacks....anything to change the subject ::)

I'm in no corner, if I'm afraid of anyone, it certainly isn't you.  The fact of the matter is Tom Cruise is/was for the matter being putdown and I stood up for him.  Do unto others as you'd have them do to you.  Well if I was being bashed left and right and Especially being told I wasn't being bashed right Smack after getting bashed I'd want Tom Cruise to stick up for me, therefore I do the same for him.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/08/06 at 6:28 pm

Yanno, that's exactly what I was thinking. Honestly, Harmonica, the way you act-- you give most Christians a bad name. If I wasn't one, and I met you, It'd make me want to run as far away from Christianity as humanly possible.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/08/06 at 7:38 pm

I'm done, in a devil worship, I have no voice, have fun.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 8:45 pm

well, it's a relief to have that whole devil worship out there, at least.

that sounds like a good beginning to a country song, actually. "i'm done, in a devil worship, have fun."

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 8:56 pm

What the heck does "in a devil worship" mean? ???

i assume in the midst of a bunch of heathens engaged in obeisance to the dark lord? entangled in a web of mephitic deceit and carnality? a sinful bacchanal of moral turpitude?

eh, don't know a thing about it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/08/06 at 9:00 pm

Jeepers Creepers.....I cannot believe this thread! LOL!  It just comes down to the fact that some people just don't get it...no matter how hard you try to imprint it in their head.

Simply having an opinion that someone may or may not be gay does not equal making fun of a person....there is a difference, ya know?

Also...I agree with Beth's statement.....Harmonica, you are always throwing the fact around that you are a big Christian, etc....but I think you are one of most arrogant and rude individuals on the boards....you always resort to throwing personal attacks at a person...whenever the fact of the matter is...this thread is about freakin' TOM CRUISE....it's not like it is about anything earth shattering or important.  He's a celebrity....he CHOSE to be in the limelight....therefore, people who are in the limelight will always be accused of being gay, druggies, sluts, alcoholics, thieves, ...and the list goes on and on.  Maybe it is not right...but, hey, it happens...even to us ordinary folk of the world.

You just don't set a very good example for someone proclaiming to be such a dedicated and awesome Christian....it almost makes me feel like I need to say, "All Christians are not like this....please do not judge the rest of us by one person who obviously have no clue what it is even about".

You just keep resorting back to the fact that, "oh, poor Tom Cruise"....we are all hypocrites because we stand up for gay people, yet we supposedly make fun of TC for maybe having gay tendencies....that is simply not the case.  Like I said before...I didn't hear anyone calling him derogatory names....all they did was merely state the fact that they have heard RUMORS that he could possibly be gay or maybe swing both ways...that's it....and you know what? SO WHAT!!  Most people have been accused of being something that they aren't....it's called..."get over it".  I could see if people were coming out and saying things like, "oh, he's a child molester" or a "big pedophile"...or, "he has sex with animals" etc....those things would be horrible to accuse someone of being, if they were not....but this is totally a different caliber...there is a big difference.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 9:05 pm

i actually have a theory that harmonica's having us on. i still remember on another message board there was this guy who had this whole elaborate bit about how the 70s t.v. show "land of the lost" was about worshipping satan. all about how holly didn't know her palce was in the home and the marshalls were a godless one-parent home and the sleestaks were always engaged in dark, mystical pagan rituals and cha-ka was a demon-monkey child whose presence in the show implicitly endorsed evolution and thus was anti-bible. it was really rather funny, good stuff.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 9:08 pm

i bet when we all meet up in las vegas harmonica's gonna be riding a motorcycle and perpetually has a six of schaefer in one hand, and is always peeling one off and tossin' it to ya and sayin' stuff like, 'hey, i really had you going with that whole tom cruise bit, yeah? have a cold one, ya devil worshipper you" and slappin' ya on the back before going up to buy a stack of chips for the next baccarat game.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/06 at 9:26 pm

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/09/06 at 12:58 am

Don't worry, Erin.  Most of us don't judge ANY group based on the actions of a few.  Personally, I base my opinion of someone on their actions, not necessarily their beliefs.  Most of my "friends" have different religious, political, musical, etc. beliefs than I do, but they're basically good people and THAT's what I base my friendships with them on.  I have friends who are Atheists, Christians, Catholics, Wiccans, Agnostics and even a Scientologist and we respect each other's differences.  If someone chooses to NOT be my friend simply because I have a different belief than them on something then that's THEIR loss.  I don't lose sleep over it because I choose not to surround myself with such shallow, closed-minded people.  Some people perceive that as arrogance, and maybe to an extent it is, but I know that I'm a good person, my friends are good people, my family are good people, and that's all that matters to me.  If people can't accept that about me, that's THEIR problem.  I'm not going to change who I am to please ANYONE.

I'm not so sure what a good person is, but you're definitely one of them :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/06 at 1:35 am

I dont' love everything about Tom Cruise, there are a lot of things about him that I don't like, however those things I dont' make up or let other people make up for me.  He's with Katie Holmes so therefore making the remark that he robbed the cradle, is just and legite.  He believes in Scientology, which I think is a bunch of crap.  I don't hold these things against him because he's not hurting me or anyone else with them, unlike many of the arguments I have with others which does hurt a lot of people and hurt a lot of people bad. 

Fact of the matter is that there is nothing to go on him being gay except the fact that he has stood up for gay rights at gay conventions.  Which truly makes you and a lot of other people on this board hyprocrits to the 1st degree.  You preach and praise gay rights and how they should be allowed every and anything they want then turn around and make fun of a man who is not one of them but supports them. 

Read my first post again (under Lazy Jessica if you can't figure it out). See how it says I don't give a d*mn who he's f*cking? Then see the part where it says I dislike him for his uneducated and asinine opinions on PPD? I DON'T LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE'S A WINDBAG. Do you get it now, or are you blinded by your own hypocrisy and holier than thou stance on life?

You know, I could rip you a new one just by quoting all your bullsh*t posts, but I'm quite drunk right now and don't have the time or patience to look them all up. And believe me, babycakes, it would take a lifetime. Besides, I'm quite mellow when I'm drunk, so I'll let you bow out gracefully and just shut your d*mned piehole, you ignorant wannabe Christian.

By the way, I'm bisexual (and yes, I'm married, but that wouldn't stop me from getting with a lady if I were divorced...I also have more in common with the husband when we check out the womens), so your little bullsh*t rant about being hypocritical to gay rights is just STUPID. Put that in your PIPE and SMOKE IT.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-075.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 4:45 am

Ya missed my addition to your post, didn't you ;)

i actually did see it later and posted a little response but the devil got in my computer and locked it up.

this thread needs more booze-friendly hand-drawn bisexuals! what jessica said, yes.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/09/06 at 5:38 am

i assume in the midst of a bunch of heathens engaged in obeisance to the dark lord? entangled in a web of mephitic deceit and carnality? a sinful bacchanal of moral turpitude?

eh, don't know a thing about it.

Count me in  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/09/06 at 6:40 am

Read my first post again (under Lazy Jessica if you can't figure it out). See how it says I don't give a d*mn who he's f*cking? Then see the part where it says I dislike him for his uneducated and asinine opinions on PPD? I DON'T LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE'S A WINDBAG. Do you get it now, or are you blinded by your own hypocrisy and holier than thou stance on life?

You know, I could rip you a new one just by quoting all your bullsh*t posts, but I'm quite drunk right now and don't have the time or patience to look them all up. And believe me, babycakes, it would take a lifetime. Besides, I'm quite mellow when I'm drunk, so I'll let you bow out gracefully and just shut your d*mned piehole, you ignorant wannabe Christian.

By the way, I'm bisexual (and yes, I'm married, but that wouldn't stop me from getting with a lady if I were divorced...I also have more in common with the husband when we check out the womens), so your little bullsh*t rant about being hypocritical to gay rights is just STUPID. Put that in your PIPE and SMOKE IT.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-075.gif

I LOVE when Jessica comes on and speaks her mind!! ;) http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/yelclap.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 7:31 am

my favorite 70s devil worship movies are "asylum of satan," "satan's children" and "ride with the devil." peter fonda! yeah!

Written By: Gis on 02/09/06 at 8:24 am

Sure would be fun to see you get the hell beat out of you mentally or physically...normally I'd feel sorry for you, but do unto others as they'd do to you, which in my case going off of yours,  would be laugh.
You really are one of the most obnoxious, bigoted and deeply unpleasant  people I have ever had the misfortune of encountering.
I agree with other comments in this thread that you are just about the worst advert for Christianity going.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/09/06 at 8:30 am

You really are one of the most obnoxious, bigoted and deeply unpleasant  people I have ever had the misfortune of encountering.
I agree with other comments in this thread that you are just about the worst advert for Christianity going.

How spooky...people were posting exactly the same thing last year too.

Maybe there's some truth in it?   I always thought it ironic to use that peacful image of Christ in the avatar.

Waits for the retort.

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 8:53 am

the only thing that saves me from feeling this way is i have a heckuva time taking this harmonica guy seriously enough to feel this strongly about it...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/06 at 10:00 am

my favorite 70s devil worship movies are "asylum of satan," "satan's children" and "ride with the devil." peter fonda! yeah!

I have seen Race With The Devil on cable awhile back, it looked like a cheesy rip of Texas Chainsaw Massacre!  ;D  Loretta Swift is also in the movie too.

I think that most of the devil worship movies, in the 70's were really cheesy!

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 10:05 am

I have seen Race With The Devil on cable awhile back, it looked like a cheesy rip of Texas Chainsaw Massacre!  ;D  Loretta Swift is also in the movie too.

I think that most of the devil worship movies, in the 70's were really cheesy!

Exactly!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 02/09/06 at 3:13 pm

The Devil Rides Out is quite good.

Written By: Tia on 02/09/06 at 3:22 pm

The Devil Rides Out is quite good.

oo! another one! i'll put it on my queue.

Written By: Lazy Jessica on 02/09/06 at 3:35 pm

I LOVE when Jessica comes on and speaks her mind!! ;) http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/yelclap.gif

Spank you. And I mean that in the nicest way.  ;)  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/31/08 at 3:44 am

I saw the South Park episode that made fun of him recently. It was funny!  ;D

I am glad that people around like Matt and Trey, who are not afraid to make of celebrites, and the silly things they do.  ;D

If you thought that was funny in 2006, you should google him today.

There's a video floating around (YouTube) that makes his chair-jumping episode on Oprah look positively sane by comparison.  Originally intended to be viewed by cult members only, it's the funniest thing to hit the Intarwebs this month.

We are Legion.

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/08 at 9:53 am

There's a video floating around (YouTube) that makes his chair-jumping episode on Oprah look positively sane by comparison.  Originally intended to be viewed by cult members only, it's the funniest thing to hit the Intarwebs this month.

We are Legion.

I've been afraid to watch that. Apparently he's really nutso in it. :P

Written By: Gis on 01/31/08 at 12:17 pm

Man I can't believe this thread has been resurected again!  ;D

I can't bring myself to watch the ranting................

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/08 at 12:31 pm

We are Legion.

Karma for resurrecting such a classic thread. So, now all the newbies can see what we are talking about.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/08 at 1:27 pm

OMG...I just read this thread again...and it makes me wish that old Harmy was back...so that we could go about round 2!!! :D ;D

Written By: Gis on 02/01/08 at 8:17 am

OMG...I just read this thread again...and it makes me wish that old Harmy was back...so that we could go about round 2!!! :D ;D
Hmm not sure I could stand the strain!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/01/08 at 8:41 am

I'm with you, Quirk.  It was quite hilarious.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 2:08 pm

Oh, phew! I misread your post, thought you said Harmy was back.  I was like, where is he?  The Evil is back!  This is trouble, you no idea!
Felt like Dr. Loomis from "Halloween"!
:o

Written By: Tia on 02/01/08 at 2:22 pm

THE NAME IS "HARMONICA." >:( >:( >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/08 at 3:51 pm

He kind of reminded me of a male version of the Church Lady:

Could it be Satan?

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/01/08 at 9:56 pm

He kind of reminded me of a male version of the Church Lady:

Could it be Satan?

"Could it be... Thetans?"

Sad thing is that Tom doesn't get it.  We may be laughing at him because he believes all our problems are caused by the disembodied spirits (!) of aliens (!!) who got flown to Hawaii (!!!) 75,000,000 years ago (!!!!) in spaceships shaped DC-8s (!!one!) and nuked by H-bombs (!eleventy!!1!).  At least, that's what South Park says.  And that's what people used to (as recently as the early 90s) get sued for talking about.

But we're not just laughing at the space-opera doctrine.  Well, we are, but that's beside the point.

Problem is, along with the wacky space opera go notions like the idea that people who haven't signed on to the programme should eventually be "disposed of quietly and without sorrow".  Where people who oppose the cult are "fair game", and "may be tricked, lied to, and destroyed".

And because when Lisa McPherson tried to leave the cult, she was given the Niacin overdose in a sauna treatment that Cruise keeps going on about as the cure for everything.  Whether the cockroach bites came before or after her death, and whether or not the abrasions were from restraints or not, and whether that was because she didn't apply "the tech" correctly or perhaps for some other reason, is left as an exercise for the reader.  The court depositions make for interesting reading; some of the stuff's right up there with Jim Jones and the People's Temple.

It's a free country.  Tom's acting career earns him an honest buck, and what he spends it on is his business.  But the more I learn about where Tom's money ends up, the less I feel like seeing his latest flick.

Written By: Jessica on 06/08/09 at 2:05 pm

I had to bring this topic back up for the LULZ.

Enjoy!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/08/09 at 2:06 pm

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/celebrity-pictures-mcgillis-cruise-kneeling-standing.jpg

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/08/09 at 2:07 pm

"Could it be... Thetans?"

http://www.westernwisconsinaflcio.org/issues/FW%20IWF%20Tax%20Newsletter%20August%202008_files/image002.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 06/08/09 at 2:08 pm

This thread never ceases to amuse the f*ck out of me.

Written By: Jessica on 06/08/09 at 2:11 pm

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/celebrity-pictures-mcgillis-cruise-kneeling-standing.jpg

He doesn't stand on a box, he wears shoe lifts.  Google "Tom Cruise shoe lifts" and you'll see. :D

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/09 at 2:12 pm

Ahh good ol' Kelly McGillis.  It's funny, almost everyone from Top Gun went onto bigger roles in great theatrical releases.  She went onto bigger roles ... in direct to video releases.  Look for her films in the $5 bargin bins at Wal-Mart ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 06/08/09 at 2:15 pm

Tom Cruise, the couch potato!  ;D

Potato head!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/08/09 at 2:18 pm

Ahh good ol' Kelly McGillis.  It's funny, almost everyone from Top Gun went onto bigger roles in great theatrical releases.  She went onto bigger roles ... in direct to video releases.  Look for her films in the $5 bargin bins at Wal-Mart ;D

And she recently came out as being GAY.

Or is that the picture Rice posted?  I can't see it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/08/09 at 2:19 pm

And she recently came out as being GAY.

Or is that the picture Rice posted?  I can't see it.

It just makes fun of Tom Cruise being short.

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/09 at 2:23 pm

Stars from Top Gun that went somewhere:

Tom Cruise
Tom Skerritt
Tim Robbins
Val Kilmer
Anthony Edwards
Meg Ryan
James Tolkan
Clarence Gilyard
Michael Ironside
Adrian Pasdar

Stars from Top Gun that didnt really go anywhere:

Kelly McGillis
Whip Hubley
Rick Rossovich

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7005/celebritypicturestomcru.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/09 at 3:29 pm

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7005/celebritypicturestomcru.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Midas on 06/08/09 at 4:52 pm

I find this post amusing today as well. :D

Written By: Jessica on 06/08/09 at 5:13 pm

I find this post amusing today as well. :D

Ditto that.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/08/09 at 11:46 pm

Enjoy!

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/41143/TheLulzFamily-500x400.jpg

Do it for them!

Meanwhile, it looks like the French have found something against which even they won't surrender.

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:06 am

after years of hearing about this thread I'm finally taking the time to read it....

You have a poster of Tom Cruise on your wall? 

;D

this gets karma!

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:18 am

Harmonica doesn't necessarily stick to the strictures of conventional logic and reasoned rhetoric, bless his heart. His approach to debating is more improvisational.

when I find the new tia....he gets karma too  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:26 am

That's a very good way of looking at it, and confines to Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise claims to be heterosexual. He does nothing to indicate being other than straight.    He has children.  He's about to have another child with Katie Holmes.  Calling him gay is an insult, it can't be anything else, due to the given circumstances.

I've seen people be called Gay that weren't gay before, seen girls come to tears for being called a lesbian, ain't much silly about that, nothing silly about it at all actually.  I stuck up for them before, I'll do it again.

I know I'm not supposed to quote a banned member and all but I just have to say.... in case no one points it out....

Tom Cruises kids (with the exception if Suri) are adopted....  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:35 am

Tia is a genius!

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:41 am

I once watched a teen television special and the discussion was about a teen girl, very sure of herself, who said that she would not read anything written by a homosexual because homosexuality was against the word of god(of course, that would be her reason)  A teen asked her if she would refuse to read the words of slaveholders(the teen asking was African American) since they had engaged in the evil of buying and selling babies, splitting up families, and brutalizing them.  The girl then got the "deer in the headlights" look.  She didn't know what to say, fumbled a bit, then said "of course", but it was very obvious to all that her answer was disingenious.  She did not regain her composure after that.  So I wonder if Angelina/homosexuals are the only ones these  people exclude, if so how do they justify reading and studying others who have done things that they also consider against the word of god.

I once saw an episode of Jerry Springer and that had a young child (8 or so) who was raised by her Klan family. The kid said she hated blacks and jews.  A woman (about 25) stood up and said to the girl "You look like a sweet kid raised who's being taught wrong- if we were the same age would you play with me? "  the kid said yeah..... the woman said- "oh that's interesting because I'm Jewish"  you could see the look of shock and confusion on the kid's face because she just realized she didn't know what Jewish looked like....I think she was expecting horns and a tail or something....

anyway- no point to my story- Danoot's comment reminded me of it so I thought I would share  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:44 am

aw Erin....you for got His lover? 

that would have been classic!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 1:59 am

Enjoy!

thank you Jess.... I have enjoyed every bit of it.... (and wish like heck I could read all the stuff that got deleted) thank god for everyone quoting people in your responses.....  :)

Written By: Gis on 06/10/09 at 2:36 pm

thank you Jess.... I have enjoyed every bit of it.... (and wish like heck I could read all the stuff that got deleted) thank god for everyone quoting people in your responses.....  :)
Personally I'm glad the worst of the insults towards me got deleted they didn't make comfortable reading the rest of it well.....good old Harmy.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:37 pm

Personally I'm glad the worst of the insults towards me got deleted they didn't make comfortable reading the rest of it well.....good old Harmy.  ;D

well see the problem with missing the posts the first time around is that I was aware the missing posts were so hateful...having been on the receiving end of a few of those myself I get it...but I love ya so I wouldn't have believed any of it anyway....  :-*

as much as I love a good battle tho I am sorry I didnt  see this thread 3 years ago...

btw.... was crazymom MamaK?

Written By: karen on 06/10/09 at 8:43 pm

btw.... was crazymom MamaK?

yes

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:55 pm

yes

thx -  why were her posts deleted... fortunately a lot of them were quoted and I was able to follow the dialogue...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/10/09 at 8:56 pm

Tom Cruises kids

How's that again?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses9.gif

Written By: karen on 06/10/09 at 9:04 pm

thx -  why were her posts deleted... fortunately a lot of them were quoted and I was able to follow the dialogue...

She asked for all her posts to be deleted for some reason.  Like all over the board not just this thread.

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 9:12 pm

She asked for all her posts to be deleted for some reason.  Like all over the board not just this thread.

ah...well then I repeat...thank god for quoting in your replies!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 9:25 pm

How's that again?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses9.gif

What?  ole what's his name implied that Tom Cruise was a virile man who supplied the sperm for all his kids.... I just pointed out that his two kids are adopted... we could speculate about Suri but you know I just didn't want to go there...

for the record.... like Patti- I was a huge fan of Tom's (okay I don't know if she's a huge fan- but she admitted liking him)

I actually had a crush on him in 1982- this was before Risky Business and all the Right Moves came out... I was writing his name all over my note books at school and my friends were wondering who the heck he was....

Then Risky Business came out and I was validated... since then I have loved almost every movie he's done... Legend. Far & Away and Eyes Wide Shut.... I haven't seen MI III, that lion lamb whatever movie, Valkerye and for some reason Last Samuri....

I still like his movies... and will eventually get around to seeing his other movies but I don't like the extreme he's taken the Scientology too... I mean he's gone kind of wacko with it.... the funny thing is people forget (except when Jett died) that John Travolta is a scientologist too... the difference is JT- totally keeps the two (his career/his "religion") separate Tom Cruise should really learn from Travolta and keep mum about the Scientology....there is no changing America's POV on it...and really it just makes him seem....welll..... crazy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/09 at 12:15 pm

What?  ole what's his name implied that Tom Cruise was a virile man who supplied the sperm for all his kids.... I just pointed out that his two kids are adopted... we could speculate about Suri but you know I just didn't want to go there...

for the record.... like Patti- I was a huge fan of Tom's (okay I don't know if she's a huge fan- but she admitted liking him)

I actually had a crush on him in 1982- this was before Risky Business and all the Right Moves came out... I was writing his name all over my note books at school and my friends were wondering who the heck he was....

Then Risky Business came out and I was validated... since then I have loved almost every movie he's done... Legend. Far & Away and Eyes Wide Shut.... I haven't seen MI III, that lion lamb whatever movie, Valkerye and for some reason Last Samuri....

I still like his movies... and will eventually get around to seeing his other movies but I don't like the extreme he's taken the Scientology too... I mean he's gone kind of wacko with it.... the funny thing is people forget (except when Jett died) that John Travolta is a scientologist too... the difference is JT- totally keeps the two (his career/his "religion") separate Tom Cruise should really learn from Travolta and keep mum about the Scientology....there is no changing America's POV on it...and really it just makes him seem....welll..... crazy!

Kirsty Alley is also a Scientologist, but like JT, she too keeps it to herself. I USED to like TC but the older and older he gets, the more & more of a nut job he becomes. But I still like a few of his movies.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 9:58 pm

Kirsty Alley is also a Scientologist, but like JT, she too keeps it to herself. I USED to like TC but the older and older he gets, the more & more of a nut job he becomes. But I still like a few of his movies.

Cat

The Scientology game is lots more fun if you're rich and famous.  L. Ron didn't go for that all folks is made equal crap like Jesus did.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 12:09 am

The Scientology game is lots more fun if you're rich and famous.  L. Ron didn't go for that all folks is made equal crap like Jesus did.

of course...it works in their favor.. I mean when the celebs die doesn't a large portion of their estate get willed to Scientology... who wants someones old beat up chevy when they can have millions of dollars and fancy sports cars

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/29/10 at 8:52 pm

BUMP!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/10 at 8:53 pm

BUMP!!!

I knew it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/10 at 8:55 pm

I would totally bump tom cruise...

Written By: ADH13 on 08/29/10 at 8:59 pm

Gotta read this one again!!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/29/10 at 9:04 pm

I've been trying to but it makes my ass ache.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/10 at 9:10 pm

yer doin' that wrong too!!!

Written By: Midas on 08/29/10 at 9:11 pm

And your finger hurts too?  Hmmm....

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/10 at 9:14 pm

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/10 at 9:23 pm

I wouldn't.  8-P

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/29/10 at 9:23 pm

;D  ;D  ;D  Totally unrelated, I assure you.  

Written By: Howard on 08/30/10 at 6:38 am

I'm Tom Cruise (Of Pathmark).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/31/10 at 12:17 pm

I'm Tom Cruise (Of Pathmark).

You're also the Tom Cruise of Inthe00s.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/10 at 3:22 pm

You're also the Tom Cruise of Inthe00s.   :)

Thank You. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/10 at 6:30 pm

Takes practice.  Tom can fit his whole head up his...
:-X

Written By: 80sfan on 09/02/10 at 12:46 am

;D ;D Ha ha ha!!

Written By: Howard on 09/02/10 at 6:38 am

He would need Katie to do that.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/02/10 at 11:53 am

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 1:34 pm

That's where hers had to be to marry him!
8)

Written By: Howard on 09/02/10 at 6:31 pm

That's where hers had to be to marry him!
8)

He's known for having his head up his ass.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/10 at 12:06 am

He's known for having his head up his ass.

Like I said, it takes practice.  He's not up there in Scientology because he's a spiritually evolved being!

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/12/10 at 9:43 pm

The only movie I like him is Interview with the Vampire.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/10 at 12:04 am

I STILL see him a "Joe Goodsen" from Risky Business.  Not even "Charlie Babbitt" from Rain Man, which they still show a dozen times a year on TV!  Nope, it's always "Joel" no matter the wrinkles and receding hairline.
8)

Written By: Davester on 09/13/10 at 1:47 am

Tom will always be "Maverick" the swaggering navy pilot.  Even more so the cackling sorcerer who force-shocked Oprah...

Ah, those were the days... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 09/13/10 at 6:27 am

I liked him in Risky Business.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/10 at 7:59 pm

I actually like him in most of his movies, not so much the ones he did with Nicole Kidman... Eyes Wide Shut and Far and Away.  I never saw Days of Thunder, so I don't know if they actually had any onscreen chemistry.)

I don't care what he does in his personal life, it doesn't really effect how much I like him as an actor.  Similar to any of the other controversy-ladden actors such as Mel Gibson or I dunno... Robert Downey Jr.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/10 at 12:38 am

I actually like him in most of his movies, not so much the ones he did with Nicole Kidman... Eyes Wide Shut and Far and Away.  I never saw Days of Thunder, so I don't know if they actually had any onscreen chemistry.)

I don't care what he does in his personal life, it doesn't really effect how much I like him as an actor.  Similar to any of the other controversy-ladden actors such as Mel Gibson or I dunno... Robert Downey Jr.

I loved "Eyes Wide Shut," but I'm a Stanley Kubrick fan.  I liked everything he did except "Barry Lydon."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/10 at 2:47 pm

I thought Eyes Wide Shut was really stupid.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/19/10 at 4:37 pm

;D I owe you karma for this one.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/10 at 6:42 am

I thought Eyes Wide Shut was really stupid.

Cat

What was wrong with the film?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/10 at 12:03 pm

What was wrong with the film?  ???

I just thought it was stupid. I didn't like it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/20/10 at 1:54 pm

What do you think his best film was?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/10 at 1:14 am

What do you thinik his best film was?

"Rain Man."  However, Dustin Hoffman as "Raymond" completely dominates the picture. 

Written By: Howard on 09/21/10 at 6:28 am

"Rain Man."  However, Dustin Hoffman as "Raymond" completely dominates the picture. 

Rain Man was good.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/03/12 at 1:05 pm

You know, I kinda miss Harmonica...

Written By: Howard on 05/03/12 at 1:50 pm

http://www.davidwygant.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//tom-cruise-couch-jump-oprah.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 05/03/12 at 3:11 pm

You know, I kinda miss Harmonica...

I wonder what he's up to

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/12 at 6:06 pm

I wonder what he's up to

No good?

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/03/12 at 11:45 pm

You know, I really really liked him in the last Mission Impossible movie (4?) Ghost Protocol.  It was a well written/acted action movie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/12 at 12:31 am

I wonder what he's up to

Working for Rick Santorum!
:D

Written By: Howard on 05/07/12 at 6:19 am

Working for Rick Santorum!
:D

and still married to Katie Holmes.

Written By: karen on 05/07/12 at 8:30 am

and still married to Katie Holmes.

He didn't marry her

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/12 at 9:03 am

He didn't marry her

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/features/magstories/061204/tom_cruise.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/12 at 8:35 pm

Man, that's one butt-ugly cake!
8-P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/08/12 at 1:06 am

I wonder if we should mention this thread in the "Why do women only like tall men" thread as evidence to the contrary?  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/12 at 1:29 am

I always suspected that he is bisexual or gay and in the closet!  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/12 at 2:06 am

His sexuality don't make no nevermind, dude, he's a SCIENTOLOGIST, they're crazier than a rat in a tin sh*thouse.  There ain't nothing but rice pudding left between that boy's ears!
:D :D

Written By: Howard on 05/08/12 at 6:07 am

I wonder if we should mention this thread in the "Why do women only like tall men" thread as evidence to the contrary?  ;D

not necessary.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/12 at 6:09 am

why? just because he paraded around in his underwear in 1983's Risky Business?

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/12 at 6:31 am

Doesn't prove much...not many women I know actually like him.  I know his being in a movie is usually enough to make me avoid the movie. ;D

Written By: Gustav on 05/08/12 at 9:27 am

His sexuality don't make no nevermind, dude, he's a SCIENTOLOGIST, they're crazier than a rat in a tin sh*thouse.  There ain't nothing but rice pudding left between that boy's ears!

Amen brother!

Written By: karen on 05/08/12 at 10:57 am

If you follow the above conversation people were actually asking about Harmonica not Tom Cruise

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/08/12 at 11:53 am

Hell, you could use me as Exhibit B.  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/12 at 11:02 pm

Scientology, scientology, scientology. Oh God! I better snap out of my trance!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/09/12 at 7:08 am

Him and John Travolta. What are those boys getting up to!?  ::)

"News of an incredibly graphic $2 million lawsuit by a “John Doe” masseur against John Travolta, which broke Monday, may have come as a surprise to some fans of the actor, who projects an image of a smiling heartthrob onscreen and an adoring family man off....

....For anyone who’s been following Travolta’s life off-screen, however, tabloid-ready gay sex allegations—usually in spas or health clubs—have persisted for years.

....On May 8, 1990, The National Enquirer ran a cover story describing an alleged affair between Travolta and Paul Barresi, a gay porn star. According to Barresi, the two met in 1982, after the actor allegedly followed him into the shower room of a Los Angeles health club, and the relationship lasted for two years. Barresi reportedly received $100,000 from the Enquirer for his Travolta story, but retracted it several months later under what he later alleged was legal pressure from Travolta’s attorneys. While Barresi is not the most credible of witnesses, having inserted himself into several high-profile celebrity scandals over the years, he did snag a speaking role in the 1985 Travolta film Perfect.
"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/09/john-travolta-s-masseur-lawsuits-part-of-a-long-history-of-gay-rumors.html

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/09/12 at 4:53 pm

Him and John Travolta. What are those boys getting up to!?  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-L4VvWHrVc

Written By: Howard on 05/09/12 at 6:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-L4VvWHrVc

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/12 at 6:59 pm

Whether someone is gay, straight, bi, tri (they will try anything), asexual, whatever-does it really matter? It is WHO you are not WHAT you are. And what people do in their bedrooms-as long as it is with consenting adults, is really nobody's business but theirs. And if they want to publicly announce who they love-again, as long as it is with consenting adults-there isn't a problem!

Cat 

Written By: snozberries on 05/10/12 at 1:06 am

Doesn't prove much...not many women I know actually like him.  I know his being in a movie is usually enough to make me avoid the movie. ;D
I've been in love with him since 1982  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/10/12 at 1:09 am

Whether someone is gay, straight, bi, tri (they will try anything), asexual, whatever-does it really matter? It is WHO you are not WHAT you are. And what people do in their bedrooms-as long as it is with consenting adults, is really nobody's business but theirs. And if they want to publicly announce who they love-again, as long as it is with consenting adults-there isn't a problem!

Cat

Great post!!! Thanks for saying what I was thinking of saying.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/10/12 at 2:08 am

I don't have a problem with it.  Most of Hollywood no longer has a problem with it.  But a certain cult leader appears to have had a serious problem with it.

It's almost like folks like Travolta and Cruise (assuming the rumors were true, and they're none of our business) were looking for an organization that would "cure them", and landed on the wrong organization.  Never mind the Xenu story from Trapped in the Closet (South Park, Season 9, Episode 12) (RIP, Chef, I'm surprised the cult let you stay with that show as long as it did!), but apparently putting homosexuals in "permanent quarantine" is part of what Scientologists actually believe.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/10/12 at 5:35 pm

Okay, so only one woman I know loves him. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/10/12 at 11:25 pm

Cat

I have no problem with his sexuality. I'm just wondering if being in the closet, or keeping a secret, straight or gay, can drive a person nuts! Kinda like his 'couch' incident on Oprah! But gotta give you karma for this statement!  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/12/12 at 7:56 pm

what about when he paraded around in his underwear in Risky Business?

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/12 at 10:17 am

what about when he paraded around in his underwear in Risky Business?

that was 1983 Howard.  I actually became aware of him in 82 after I saw him in Taps....II noticed him first in 81 when he was in Endless Love but fell for him in 82 when I finally got around to seeing Taps....

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/13/12 at 12:43 pm

Okay, so only one woman I know loves him. :D

Two.  Love alot of his movies.  I could care less if he's gay, straight, bi, tri, trans or whatever else they come up with.  I could care less if he worships the man in the moon.  He seems like a caring father and that is cool.  I don't really pay much attention to people's private lives.

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/12 at 12:45 pm

Two.  Love alot of his movies.  I could care less if he's gay, straight, bi, tri, trans or whatever else they come up with.  I could care less if he worships the man in the moon.  He seems like a caring father and that is cool.  I don't really pay much attention to people's private lives.

agreed....aside from that crazy scientology shyt I think he's a great guy!  seems like a lot of fun. genuinely interested in people and his fans (not that I've ever met him  :( )  and totally devoted to his kids.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/12 at 1:39 pm

that was 1983 Howard.  I actually became aware of him in 82 after I saw him in Taps....II noticed him first in 81 when he was in Endless Love but fell for him in 82 when I finally got around to seeing Taps....

I think I told you that I used to work with the guy who played the sheriff in Taps.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/12 at 1:52 pm

I think I told you that I used to work with the guy who played the sheriff in Taps.

Cat

I think I've heard about him a couple of times  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/12 at 4:50 pm

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/risky_business.jpg

that's your best post ever! lol!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/13/12 at 5:49 pm

that's your best post ever! lol!  ;D

sorry about the RED X.

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/12 at 5:58 pm

sorry about the RED X.

I didn't see a red x....all I got was a blank post

Written By: Dagwood on 05/13/12 at 6:52 pm

I couldn't care less about his sexuality (that's between him and Katie) or religion.  I just have never liked him. 

Written By: Howard on 05/14/12 at 6:30 am

http://www.funnycelebpics.com/system/items/85246.jpg

fat Tom Cruise.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/14/12 at 10:40 am

I loved him in MI1 and 2. For some reason I didn't like MI3. But MI4 is great.

To be honest I don't thinK I've ever seen any other Tom Cruise movies besides the Mission Impossible series!

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 12:00 pm

I loved him in MI1 and 2. For some reason I didn't like MI3. But MI4 is great.

To be honest I don't thinK I've ever seen any other Tom Cruise movies besides the Mission Impossible series!

I didn't like mi 2 but I did like mi 3

Taps is a great film - technically it's a Timothy Hutton film
All the Right Moves - is fantastic
Risky business - is a classic & should be heralded w/ Ferris Buellers Day off (which I don't really like but I see why others do)
Rain Man - is good
Born on the Fourth of july - is kinda full of itself
Legend - sucked
Losin it - was 80s crap
Lestat - sucked
Top Gun - was awesome in a cheesy 80s way
Days of thunder - was on steroids
Far and away - didn't see it
Last samurai - didn't see it
Eyes wide shut - didn't want to see it
Vanilla sky - I think I'm the only person who liked it
Magnolia - was really well done

What am I missing?
I didn't count outsiders and endless love because his roles were minimal.
He was in recognizable in Tropic Thunder.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/14/12 at 1:15 pm

What am I missing?

Minority Report, which I thought was one of his better movies.

And he also played Austin Powers in Austinpussy.  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/12 at 2:02 pm

Risky business - is a classic & should be heralded w/ Ferris Buellers Day off (which I don't really like but I see why others do)
Rain Man - is good
Legend - sucked
Losin it - was 80s crap
Lestat - sucked

What am I missing?

Eyes Wide Shut, it is the only Stanley Kubrick film I have not seen properly all the way through!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/12 at 5:13 pm

Eyes Wide Shut, it is the only Stanley Kubrick film I have not seen properly all the way through!

So long as you've seen the masked ball scene!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/14/12 at 5:17 pm

Rain Man - is good
Legend - sucked
Losin it - was 80s crap
Lestat - sucked

What am I missing?

By "Lestat" do you mean "Interview with the Vampire?"

I like that one...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/14/12 at 5:18 pm

I liked Monority Report too.

Also A Few Good Men - another great movie.

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 5:51 pm

I've never been an Austin powers fan so that one wasn't even on my radar

Minority report was good and writer Scott frank is a ucsb alum..... I'm embarrassed I left it off.  To be fair tho I totallypuuled listed out of the air...not once did I have to peek at imdb  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 5:52 pm

You've see more than I have.

So long as you've seen the masked ball scene!

I have not...lcolor me not intrigued  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 5:55 pm

By "Lestat" do you mean "Interview with the Vampire?"

I like that one...

Yes...laid I mention I pulled list out of my ass? I always refer to that flick as the crappy lest at movie  :-\\

I liked Monority Report too.

Also A Few Good Men - another great movie.

Dammit... I love a few Good men I hate when i forget stuff

I Also forgot war of the worlds.  It was okay for escapist fantasy but not a must see movie

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/14/12 at 6:09 pm

I've never been an Austin powers fan so that one wasn't even on my radar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmHj8wwf-I

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/12 at 6:31 pm

Mission: Impossible 5 (announced)
Ethan Hunt

???? Top Gun 2 (announced)
Maverick (rumored)

???? Van Helsing (announced)

2013 All You Need Is Kill (pre-production)

2013 Oblivion (filming)
Jack

2012 One Shot (post-production)
Jack Reacher

2012 Rock of Ages (completed)
Stacee Jaxx

2011 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Didn't see
Ethan Hunt

2010 Knight and Day Didn't see
Roy Miller

2008 Valkyrie Didn't see
Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg

2008 Tropic Thunder Didn't see
Les Grossman - Grossman's Office

2007 Lions for Lambs Didn't see
Senator Jasper Irving

2006 Mission: Impossible III Didn't see
Ethan Hunt

2005 War of the Worlds Didn't see
Ray Ferrier

2004 Collateral Didn't see
Vincent

2003 The Last Samurai Didn't see
Nathan Algren

2002 Minority Report Didn't see
Chief John Anderton

2001 Vanilla Sky Didn't see
David Aames

2000 Mission: Impossible II Didn't see
Ethan Hunt

1999 Magnolia Didn't see.
Frank T.J. Mackey

1999 Eyes Wide Shut Hated it!  8-P
Dr. William 'Bill' Harford

1996 Jerry Maguire Ok-I think I have on VHS
Jerry Maguire

1996 Mission: Impossible Don't care too much for that genre
Ethan Hunt

1994 Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles Ok flick
Lestat de Lioncourt

1993 The Firm Good flick-but the book was WAY better.
Mitch McDeere

1992 A Few Good Men Good Flick
Lt. Daniel Kaffee

1992 Far and Away Good flick
Joseph Donnelly

1990 Days of Thunder Never saw
Cole Trickle

1989 Born on the Fourth of July Wasn't too impressed
Ron Kovic

1988 Rain Man Good Flick-have on VHS
Charlie Babbitt

1988 Cocktail Ok flick-have on VHS
Brian Flanagan

1986 The Color of Money Ok flick
Vincent Lauria

1986 Top Gun Good Flick
Maverick

1985 Legend Saw it but don't remember it too much.
Jack

1983 All the Right Moves Never saw it
Stefen Djordjevic

1983 Risky Business Classic-Love it
Joel Goodsen

1983 Losin' It Cute
Woody

1983 The Outsiders Good Flick
Steve Randle

1981 Taps Good flick and I have on DVD
Cadet Captain David Shawn

1981 Endless Love Ok

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 6:44 pm

God I forgot a lot lol

Love Jerry Maguire

The firm was a way better book but the movie was alright

Color of money was okay

Cocktail was cheesy as hell but I love it anyway

Collateral was great

Far and away for some reason I never got around to seeing it

Lions for lambs and valkyrie I havent seen but plan too

Knight and day was a good action rom "com". Like mr & mrs smith or um.... Some other flick like it  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/14/12 at 7:37 pm

Austinpussy? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/14/12 at 7:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmHj8wwf-I

he sure does a good impression. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/12 at 11:39 pm

You've see more than I have.

I have not...lcolor me not intrigued  :P

Music: "Backwards Priest" by Jocelyn Pook, a British composer and violist.

It's the music that makes the magic for me!  Have a listen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTnk7vLScZA

Wendy Carlos: The Shining
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t60oY0TbTU&feature=related

Wendy Carols: A Clockwork Orange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqTfaaBVquY
after Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary by Henry Percell

Written By: 80sfan on 05/15/12 at 9:51 am

Rain Man - is good
Legend - sucked
Losin it - was 80s crap
Lestat - sucked

What am I missing?

I might rent some of those one day! 8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/16/12 at 11:24 pm

Losin it - was 80s crap

But worth seeing for nothing else than John Valby's cameo as the whorehouse piano singer.  ("KNOCK KNOCK!" "Who's there?" "Tijuana!" "Tijuana who?" "Tijuana take your mother to the Gang Bang...")

John Valby's still playing in the Northeastern US.  He's been doing this for 40 years and I don't think he's ever stopped playing.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/17/12 at 8:33 pm

But worth seeing for nothing else than John Valby's cameo as the whorehouse piano singer.  ("KNOCK KNOCK!" "Who's there?" "Tijuana!" "Tijuana who?" "Tijuana take your mother to the Gang Bang...")

John Valby's still playing in the Northeastern US.  He's been doing this for 40 years and I don't think he's ever stopped playing.

Tia wanna take your mother to the Gang Bang?!?  :o :o :o

(And I have heard of John Valby before, he's hilarious!)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/22/12 at 7:38 pm

Tia wanna take your mother to the Gang Bang?!?  :o :o :o

Warning, NSFW audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9N7LAuKGRo

- John Valby, Gang Bang, Hebron, NY, Feb 2012.

Written By: dell on 05/24/12 at 3:22 pm

is the punk open about his gayness yet, or still in that closet?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/12 at 11:18 pm

They showed "Losin' It" on AMC last night.  I still have a crush on Shelley Long, so I couldn't watch the motel scene.
8-P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/12 at 9:47 am

They showed "Losin' It" on AMC last night.  I still have a crush on Shelley Long, so I couldn't watch the motel scene.
8-P

I've always had a crush on her too.  *sigh*

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/25/12 at 9:42 pm

8-P

I've always had a crush on her too.  *sigh*

"This term describes four golfers playing as a group."

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/12 at 9:57 pm

"This term describes four golfers playing as a group."

LMAO!!  You're bad...

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/25/12 at 10:42 pm

LMAO!!  You're bad...

What, we just wanna go where everybody knows our name.  Cheers!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/12 at 7:53 pm

I remember that part of the movie but don't know who it was.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/04/12 at 9:38 pm

I remember that part of the movie but don't know who it was.

Neither did I until many years later.  'Twas an eye (and ear-) opener, to be sure.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/12 at 7:15 pm

Now he's back on the market who wants him?

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/12 at 7:42 pm

Now he's back on the market who wants him?

I already claimed him so people can just back off  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/12 at 7:42 pm

I already claimed him so people can just back off  :P

If it were up to me, you could have him. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/12 at 7:45 pm

Hey Tom. Dag said I could have you! Let's do this thing  :D

Written By: Howard on 06/29/12 at 8:05 pm

you could fight for him.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/12 at 9:06 pm

you could fight for him.

Why would I fight?  I don't want him...I gave him up to her.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/12 at 9:06 pm

Good luck :D

Written By: Rude on 06/29/12 at 9:10 pm

Such a rude thread.  Tom Cruise is the greatest actor on Earth! >:(

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/12 at 11:15 pm

Why would I fight?  I don't want him...I gave him up to her.

Howard just wants us to mud wrestle.  ;D

Good luck :D

THANKS!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/30/12 at 5:45 am

This time, though, she is dumping him.  The other two it was the other way around.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/12 at 6:54 am

good luck Mrs.Cruise  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/30/12 at 6:56 am

Howard just wants us to mud wrestle.  ;D

THANKS!!!!

I meant the both of you can duke it out.

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/12 at 10:38 am

I meant the both of you can duke it out.

But. She. Isn't. Interested. In. Him.

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/12 at 8:46 pm

Happy Birthday Tom!

Written By: Howard on 07/04/12 at 6:50 am

Happy Birthday Tom!

He doesn't look 50.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/14 at 6:30 am

I am looking forward to "Mission: Impossible 5" to be released next year.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/07/14 at 11:58 am

Imagine Tom at 90, the movie will be called The Mission Is Impossible.  :o  :o

Written By: Howard on 12/07/14 at 2:21 pm

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/07/14 at 5:44 pm

...alternative title "Motion Impossible!"

Written By: Howard on 12/08/14 at 2:35 pm

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/08/23E2A95A00000578-2865857-image-m-83_1418064290980.jpg

Isabella Cruise

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/14 at 5:24 pm

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/08/23E2A95A00000578-2865857-image-m-83_1418064290980.jpg

Isabella Cruise
now a hairdresser in the UK.

Check for new replies or respond here...