inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Doesn't this guy sound like Rod Stewart?

Written By: Carl on 01/30/06 at 2:50 pm

Now I don't know the singer's name, the song is 'You're beautiful' and I could swear it was Rod singing it. Kind of like how Chris Issac sounds so much like Roy Orbison that it's downright scary! LOL!!

Subject: Re: Doesn't this guy sound like Rod Stewart?

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 3:11 pm

The most dead ringer of a Rod Stewart sound-a-like has to be Kelly Jones of Stereophonics.  When I first heard their version of "Handbags and Gladrags", I thought it was Rod himself doing a new version of the one he covered in 1969

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/06 at 7:22 pm

I totally thought that he sounded like Rod Stewart, as well! LOL! :D ;D

Written By: nally on 01/30/06 at 10:56 pm

I totally thought that he sounded like Rod Stewart, as well! LOL! :D ;D

Me too! :o :o I keep hearing this song, by this singer whose voice sounds very much like Rod Stewart (although a little less raspy), and I don't know what it's called...but thanks for telling us who the singer is. From now on I'll remember that it's James Blunt.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/30/06 at 11:44 pm

James definitely sounds like Rod Stewart!!! I'm a major Rod fan and I thought he had a new single out. I love the song irregardless. It's funny b/c when Mariah Carey came out with "Vision of Love", I swore up and down it was Whitney Houston.

Written By: karen on 01/31/06 at 3:32 am

My son reckons James Blunt has a womans voice

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/31/06 at 8:19 am

Now I don't know the singer's name, the song is 'You're beautiful' and I could swear it was Rod singing it. Kind of like how Chris Issac sounds so much like Roy Orbison that it's downright scary! LOL!!

I didn't know the guy's name, but yeah, I knew what song you were talking about before I opened the thread!

Written By: nally on 01/31/06 at 9:41 am

I didn't know the guy's name, but yeah, I knew what song you were talking about before I opened the thread!

As did I.

Written By: Gis on 01/31/06 at 10:30 am

My son reckons James Blunt has a womans voice
You should hear his speaking voice !  ;D

I don't see the Rod Stewart thing myself. Kelly Jones definatly does as does Spike from the Quireboys

Written By: karen on 01/31/06 at 10:33 am

Did anyone see the Dead Ringers version of the James Blunt video?  It was titled It's Bloody Cold!  Hilarious

Written By: Alessandro on 08/26/09 at 10:20 pm

Try Climie Fisher - Loves changes

Written By: Alessandro on 08/26/09 at 10:23 pm

Try
Climie Fisher - Loves changes
Ok?

Written By: whistledog on 08/26/09 at 10:58 pm

Try
Climie Fisher - Loves changes
Ok?

The starter of this thread was referring to 'You're Beautiful' by James Blunt

I will agree though that Simon Climie of Climie Fisher is a dead ringer for Rod Stewart.  Growing up in the 80s, I always thought it was Rod Stewart who sang '(Love Changes) Everything'

Check for new replies or respond here...