inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Million Little Pieces

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/31/06 at 8:18 am

This is the book in which the guy exaggerated/lied about his experience as a drug addict, the one Oprah chose for the book club.  I've never read it.  I did read a news article today, though, which states that at least 2 people are SUING THE PUBLISHER FOR DAMAGES because the book was false.  Can you believe it? 

Anyone wanna file a class-action suit against Milli Vanilli's record company?  ;)

Subject: Re: A Million Little Pieces

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/06 at 8:28 am

He learned a lesson the hard way, never mess with Oprah!  ;D

Written By: karen on 01/31/06 at 10:40 am

This is the book in which the guy exaggerated/lied about his experience as a drug addict, the one Oprah chose for the book club.  I've never read it.  I did read a news article today, though, which states that at least 2 people are SUING THE PUBLISHER FOR DAMAGES because the book was false.  Can you believe it? 

Anyone wanna file a class-action suit against Milli Vanilli's record company?  ;)

It could be the parents of two girls who were killed in some train crash.  He claims somehow to have been involved in this incident and to have known at least one of the girls.  Apparently her parents deny this.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/31/06 at 12:41 pm

People will sue for anything these days won't they?  Are they suing because stuff he said about THEM was false or just that he lied in general?  If he lied about THEM (and he was even STUPIDER if he used their real names), then maybe, but if they're just suing because he said it was a true story and it wasn't, PUHLEEZE ::)

Yeah, and they'll win.  That part just isn't as sad is it?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/31/06 at 6:50 pm

What's more sad is that others are excusing it with comments like, "Well, he has helped people anyway" and "It's a good story anyway".

The lack of respect for truth and honesty nowadays (particularly in America) painfully baffles me.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 01/31/06 at 9:59 pm

What's more sad is that others are excusing it with comments like, "Well, he has helped people anyway" and "It's a good story anyway".

The lack of respect for truth and honesty nowadays (particularly in America) painfully baffles me.

It is sad.  But I think it's sadder that these plaintiffs are wasting the country's legal resources on something so very frivolous.  I wonder what Oprah thinks about the suits?

Check for new replies or respond here...