inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I might be starting a new college

Written By: Stompgal on 02/01/06 at 4:36 am

This morning, I got a Weston College prospectus in the post. I could be going there this September because I might be living in Weston-Super-Mare . There's going to be a meeting about this in the afternoon.

On Friday, I could be visitig a college and I might like to do more independent living skills or a BTEC National Diploma course because I'm doing ILS classes at the moment and I completed my First Diploma in Multimedia at college.

Subject: Re: I might be starting a new college

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/06 at 5:32 am

This morning, I got a Weston College prospectus in the post. I could be going there this September because I might be living in Weston-Super-Mare . There's going to be a meeting about this in the afternoon.

On Friday, I could be visitig a college and I might like to do more independent living skills or a BTEC National Diploma course because I'm doing ILS classes at the moment and I completed my First Diploma in Multimedia at college.

Good luck on everything.  The only thing I know about Weston-Super-Mare is that the Beatles played there early in their career. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/06 at 9:28 am

Good luck, and let us know how things go!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 12:45 pm

Good job! Props!

Written By: Harmonica on 02/01/06 at 2:22 pm

Good luck to you buddy.

Written By: Stompgal on 02/02/06 at 5:05 am

The visit day has changed to next Monday, but I'm not happy because the people visiting say I'll have to stay in Weston for 6 months and it's terrible because I won't be able to attend my classes.

Written By: star500 on 02/03/06 at 9:20 am

Respect!  :D

Written By: Stompgal on 02/23/06 at 4:36 am

I thought of another idea because there are homes in Barnet, London for people with autism and Asperger's syndrome. London will be a cool place to live and there should be computer, art and design related courses at a local college there.

Written By: karen on 02/23/06 at 5:42 am

I thought of another idea because there are homes in Barnet, London for people with autism and Asperger's syndrome. London will be a cool place to live and there should be computer, art and design related courses at a local college there.

Go and have a look at the home and the area its in.  Remember that living in Barnet, London isn't the same as living right in the city.  My usband lived in Wembley for a year and said he hardly ever went into the centre of London (Oxford Street etc).

Not trying to put you off just trying to be realistic.

Good luck with making the decision.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/23/06 at 11:17 am

I just remember passing Weston-Super-Mare on the highway and thinking that was one of the funniest town names I'd ever seen.

Written By: karen on 02/24/06 at 6:58 am

I just remember passing Weston-Super-Mare on the highway and thinking that was one of the funniest town names I'd ever seen.

We've got funnier believe me

Written By: Paul on 02/24/06 at 7:06 am

The only thing I know about Weston-Super-Mare is that the Beatles played there early in their career. 

Oh, I've been there several times! Used to have a very nice pier...

And it's also the birthplace of John Cleese...

Written By: Paul on 02/24/06 at 7:08 am

My usband lived in Wembley for a year and said he hardly ever went into the centre of London (Oxford Street etc).

I certainly don't blame him!

Barnet's okay...good parts and bad, but at least it's far away enough from the city...

Good luck in whatever you choose, Stompgal...

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 10:13 am

There's also Cheesequake, but we have a Cheesequake in NJ named after it... :).

Written By: karen on 02/27/06 at 7:44 am

There's also Cheesequake, but we have a Cheesequake in NJ named after it... :).

When I first read this post I was thinking what a totally random thing to write?  Then I remembered the earlier conversation.

Where the hell else is there a place called Cheesequake?

I was thinking of places like Great Tosson or Shellow Bowells or Titsey

Check for new replies or respond here...